PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys. Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter

trucker17
February 13th, 2017, 20:58
Hey guys.
Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter.
We are back. Mandy will still be using my log in until she decides to get her own account.
You may have been wondering why i just stop coming into the forums.
Well here is why.
Last year while i was on the road. My daughter and fiancee was at home during a home invasion. Amanda was hurt pretty bad, and spent a week in the hospital.
My fiancee was not so lucky. She fought off the burglars as best she could trying to protect Amanda and our home. In he process she was shot 5 times. Katie died in route to the hospital.
I was such an emotional wreck from loosing her, that i stopped playing FSX and even stopped going on the computer. and focused my attention on trying to find the people responsible for killing her. Once they were found and convicted. i turned my attention to work and just ran away burying my feelings in work.
Amanda convinced me to return to FSX and spend time on the computer talking to her while she is at school. And she let me know it was time to get back to my life.
So i am back, even though i am still fighting my feelings. No i am not over the loss completely.

Craig.

P.S. I have alot of emails to read and respond to. I will get to them when i am feeling more up to it.
Sorry to all my friends out here, who i left wondering what had happened to me.

ryanbatc
February 13th, 2017, 21:08
Oh my goodness!

So so sorry. I'll be praying!

Welcome back!

manfredc3
February 13th, 2017, 21:38
Sorry to hear about your loss, and the rest that happened to those dear to you.

I hope the community here can help you get though this, and life bearable.

Welcome back.

lownslo
February 13th, 2017, 22:01
Such a shocking tragedy! Sorry for your loss and glad for your return. Hope your return will be helpful to you and Amanda.

Greg

roger-wilco-66
February 13th, 2017, 22:50
I am utterly shocked and deeply sorry to read this, Craig. What a horrific act and terrible loss. I am glad you made it back and your daughter is OK.

My thoughts are with you and Amanda.
Mark

ponchovilla
February 13th, 2017, 22:57
Oh, my word! Tears in my eyes, I can't possibly know exactly what you are going through, but I feel for you. Don't know how else to express it. I know that we all want to make it better for you, in thoughts, words, or actions.
Wishing you nothing but peace, love, and grace.
Stay Strong.

StormILM
February 13th, 2017, 23:03
Craig, I remember you posting in times past and wondered where you had gone. I am terribly sorry for your loss in such a senseless tragedy. I was once an intended victim of a robbery/attack attempt decades ago which I fended off multiple attackers with Deadly Force. It's a part of my past I rarely to never speak of and I was fully cleared in the aftermath but it's something I hope no one ever has to go through.

Keep your chin and and welcome back.

Mejborn
February 13th, 2017, 23:15
Gulp. That was a hard one to read. My thoughts are with you.
I hope you have friends and family that can help you stay on track in life.
Loneliness can be so hard in circumstances like the ones you are living.
Flightsimming helped me a lot after my wife died of ALS, so I think its good you spend a bit of time with this little hobby.

IanHenry
February 14th, 2017, 00:02
Sorry to hear about your loss and I can quite understand why you felt the need to withdraw from the world. I hope both yourself and Amanda can put this horror behind you and move on.
RIP Katie.

Ian

Anneke
February 14th, 2017, 00:11
Darn Craig. What a terrible tragedy. I'm glad that you're back. I hope you and Amanda will find the strenght to carry on and find some happiness again. You and your daughter are in our thoughts.

strykerpsg
February 14th, 2017, 00:14
Glad to see you back in the saddle. Your story is indeed heart wrenching and my deepest condolences to you and your family for not only your loss, but what that tragedy will mean emotionally for many years to come. I hope you are able to once again find solace and comfort in a venue of supporting members and readers.

TARPSBird
February 14th, 2017, 00:41
Craig, my condolences for your tragic loss... But welcome back to SOH. You're among friends here. :encouragement:

scotth6
February 14th, 2017, 00:53
Hey Craig,

I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I can't imagine what you must have been through. I am really saddened by the news you have shared.

It really is brave of you to post about your experience here, and I really hope having contact with your friends here in the flight sim community can help you and your daughter heal. My thoughts are with you both.

Cheers,

Scott

Fireball6
February 14th, 2017, 01:19
All my best wishes for you and Amanda and my deepest condolences for the tragical loss that you both have had.

Dirk

Rami
February 14th, 2017, 01:42
Hi Craig,

I can't express anything new that hasn't already been said, but I'm glad to see you again and hope that the support of the flight sim community may help lift you and Amanda from time to time as you work through this. My condolences on your loss, and best hopes for the future.

stansdds
February 14th, 2017, 01:49
That is absolutely horrible, Craig. Words cannot express my sympathies.

falcon409
February 14th, 2017, 03:54
Craig, glad to see you back in the Forum, but after reading what has happened to you this past year I, like so many of us, find it difficult to express anything that feels worthy of the loss you've endured. My condolences of course for the loss of your fiance and at the same time glad that Mandy is doing well. . .and that you feel it's the right time to try to get back some normalcy in your life. All the best to you Craig.

txnetcop
February 14th, 2017, 04:31
I don't words that would even come close to expressing what I feel about your loss. I can only begin to imagine what I would feel and do and I thank God it hasn't happened to me. Welcome back Craig! We're here for you Amigo...
Ted

Cees Donker
February 14th, 2017, 05:28
Graig,

Good to see you are trying to pick up the old life as far as that is possible. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you must feel. I'm shocked to read what has happened. Welcome back.

Cees

Daveroo
February 14th, 2017, 07:24
craig,good to see you back in the forums.say hi to Amanda for me and ill get to facebook one of these days,mom had a relapse and im dealing with her now too so i dont have a lot of time...damn it...being sick and tired all the time sucks...

trucker17
February 14th, 2017, 08:31
Thank you everyone. I am back as well as Amanda. Its still a daily fight. But with help from Friends and family. i know we will get thru this.
Craig.

Navy Chief
February 14th, 2017, 10:32
I wondered where you had been, Craig. I checked my PMs, and the last message I'd receive from you was las April. Such a horrific story! You are a stronger man than I am. Not sure I could've recovered from such trauma. Glad to hear your daughter is ok. So, so sorry to hear about your fiancée.... Pete

SSI01
February 14th, 2017, 11:36
Very sorry to hear about your loss, and the circumstances are almost beyond belief. I pray for your recovery.

pr945b
February 14th, 2017, 12:27
I'm so sorry your loss. As a LEO, I think I know what you feel (no, not really). I think you're strong and a real man, but first, you have a daughter. She's really matters. Be strong for her.
All my best wishes for you and Amanda and my deepest condolences for the tragical loss that you both have had. I'm so sorry.

huub vink
February 14th, 2017, 12:49
Its really sad to hear this Craig, but I'm also happy to see you are back.

Huub

Sundog
February 14th, 2017, 15:54
Damn, words fail. My condolences for the loss of your fiancee, she was obviously immensely caring and brave. I'm glad you and your daughter are recovering. Just keep on keeping on....

rvn817j
February 14th, 2017, 16:24
What a terrible event. My condolences to you and your daughter. I'm glad that you and Amanda are able to make it back to SOH.

trucker17
February 14th, 2017, 18:08
Thanks Guys.

stovall
February 14th, 2017, 18:56
Sorry to be late to the party Craig. Just saw what happened in the first post. Hard to believe such things can happen. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and Amanda can count on your friends here at SOH any time you need to talk. Take care buddy, I will be thinking about you and Amanda.

jpmouse
February 14th, 2017, 19:50
Another step in continuing to live, as best one can, after a such a terrible loss. There is no timetable for recovery from grief. It has it's own timetable and it is different for all who suffer it.

That said; when I lost Gail, my wife, to suicide 9 years ago, it was the greatest challenge I had ever faced. Since I had been a Flight Simmer for 25 years, I found that doing flight sim and interacting with its wonderful, loving community, was a way of having a kind of oasis to visit to have a period of great peace for an hour or two every day. A kind of a nap to renew my energy and grasp at a renewed desire for life. Gail is always my co-pilot when I am flying.

I hope that you will find some comfort as you return to our community and our fun hobby. Each day is a new beginning

Love to you and Amanda as you recover your lives.

JPMouse

Willy
February 15th, 2017, 06:49
I'm sorry for your loss and glad you came back here. In my experience, FS can be a great "distraction" and relief when life has you down.

big-mike
February 15th, 2017, 06:52
I am so sorry for your loss in such a tragedy---unbelievable.
I wish you and Amanda all the best and hope,you will find back to a normal life soon.
This will take time,but it`s great that you are back.
Mike

trucker17
February 15th, 2017, 08:20
Thank you guys

simtech
February 15th, 2017, 10:33
Totally lost for words. This is so tragic. I'm sorry I just read about you, your fiance' and Amanda. My heartfelt prayers go out to you and your loved ones.
May God give you strength and health to continue. God Bless..

Eagle Spirit
February 20th, 2017, 09:14
Hey guys.
Some of you may remember me and Amanda my daughter.
We are back. Mandy will still be using my log in until she decides to get her own account.
You may have been wondering why i just stop coming into the forums.
Well here is why.
Last year while i was on the road. My daughter and fiancee was at home during a home invasion. Amanda was hurt pretty bad, and spent a week in the hospital.
My fiancee was not so lucky. She fought off the burglars as best she could trying to protect Amanda and our home. In he process she was shot 5 times. Katie died in route to the hospital.
I was such an emotional wreck from loosing her, that i stopped playing FSX and even stopped going on the computer. and focused my attention on trying to find the people responsible for killing her. Once they were found and convicted. i turned my attention to work and just ran away burying my feelings in work.
Amanda convinced me to return to FSX and spend time on the computer talking to her while she is at school. And she let me know it was time to get back to my life.
So i am back, even though i am still fighting my feelings. No i am not over the loss completely.

Craig.

P.S. I have alot of emails to read and respond to. I will get to them when i am feeling more up to it.
Sorry to all my friends out here, who i left wondering what had happened to me.

Got your "six" my friend. I've experienced the loss of a team member in combat, but can't begin to imagine what you are going through with the loss of your Katie and the trauma Amanda experienced. I wish I could take some of your pain for you.

Warmest Regards, Eagle