PDA

View Full Version : Mungo Amyatt-Leir

bazzar
February 9th, 2017, 16:00
It is with a very heavy heart that I read the passing of Mungo Amyatt-Leir. I have known Mungo since his days at PC Pilot and also the early days of Just Flight. It was Mungo who, some 16 years ago, gave us at Aeroplane Heaven our first "real"commission for Just Flight. He became instrumental in setting up Flight1 in Europe and our paths crossed again there with more commissions. Yet another great character and major contributor passes from our little world. He will be sadly missed in many more ways than one. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.:engel016:

Daveroo
February 9th, 2017, 19:32
i didnt know him,nor had i ever heard of him,but i wish id have known him myself,sounds like he was a big part of what we all now enjoy,my condolences to his family,friends and anyone else who knew or loved him.

Paul K
February 9th, 2017, 23:18
I remember Mungo Amyatt-Leir from my earliest days of flight simming. He was one of the most influential figures in the development of this hobby, and it's very sad news that he's passed away. Sincerely, RIP Mungo

emfrat
February 9th, 2017, 23:54
This sad event was announced 5 days ago, in the NewsHawks forum. Why start a new thread?

Javis
February 10th, 2017, 02:14
I guess so that people who do not frequent the Newshawks forum that much know about this very sad news as well...

Thanks, Barry. Shocking news indeed. He was way too young! I feel privileged to have known him. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mungo.