PDA

View Full Version : AI Combat addon (FSCaptain 1.8)

xpelekis
February 4th, 2017, 23:24
It's coming in a couple of months. Beta freeware version, but final version
will be payware.
Brings in Free Flight abilities that was available in Mission System only, but
much more refined and capable !

Fighting ground and surface AI forces, with all sorts of weapons modeled
to fight realistically, damaging and downing user and with actual simobject
shells casted against user. Tracers are not just random effects that is...

Plus repairs when landing to bases...

See at 28:40 and 33:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0PZq-OAW9I

I don't know how will this behave in Multiplayer, but is a great leap forward
in FS regarding military combat operations...

There so many stuff going on right now that I'm standing on my toes all the time !...

Daube
February 5th, 2017, 00:36
Well, that looked cool, to say the least :ernaehrung004: !

ceo1944
February 5th, 2017, 06:20
Hi All,

I should reply to this since I am the guy that did the video and also one of the team that maintains and enhances FSCaptain.

We are excited about this new coming capability. It does bring some things to the FSX/P3D action-oriented (combat or otherwise) environment that haven't been seen before.

We would love to be able to offer a public beta in a few months, but as you know time frames from developers are just educated guesses. We don't know what obstacles we may run into that would delay us. But as you could see in the video it's pretty capable right now.

I would not totally agree that the scripting system as it stands now is more refined and capable than the FSX scripting system - but it is lot easier to create missions with it. Because unlike with the elaborate FSX system, you don't have to tell the AI unit what to do, they will act somewhat on their own. You just tell them where to start and where to go. A typical FSCaptain-defined mission can be as simple as "you start here, your target is there, and then fly back here. Good luck!" It can place objects and it can move them around and they can shoot at you if hostile. Or you can rely on FSX@War to provide your opponents. And VRS Tacpack or CSWeapon to give you capability to shoot back. FSCaptain is aware of and works seamlessly with these three products. It will "weaponize" the existing SimObjects that FSX@War uses so that on an FSCaptain mission they will be hostile to you. That's exactly what was shown in the video.

Of course, being FSCaptain, it places each mission in the larger context of your career with your employer. Only now that could be more than the civilian air transport companies that we've supported since the beginning. In the video I am flying for Air America. It could be the USAF, or USN, or any organization. The results of your actions are tracked and recorded and you can advance in rank.

Combat missions are far from the only thing possible. Other mission types could be air drops of food, paratroops, or even firefighting chemicals. Another mission type is to fly to the target and pick up a payload. Think rescue, perhaps under fire. And you don't have to fake anything - any hostile AI SimObject placed in range and weaponized by the scripting engine will act accordingly.

Thus far, all development as been for a single-player environment, but we are committed to supporting multiplayer too.

We have tried to make this both capable yet very simple to use and understand.

Look forward to more developments as they occur. I will keep you posted.

Dutch

modelr
February 5th, 2017, 06:34
I don't know what has happened to the SOH video system, but it seems that certain types of video programs won't show to everyone lately. All we get is a black screen, with no links or anything on/in them. Seems others can see them. It would be nice if those posting videos could post a link to an off-site posting of the video also, at least until this gets figured out and fixed.

This sounds like an interesting development, but I can't view it.:dejection:

ceo1944
February 5th, 2017, 06:43
This is a direct link to the YouTube video:

And if even that doesn't work, go to YouTube and search for "Mission 55340" and you should find it easily.

Dutch

I don't know what has happened to the SOH video system, but it seems that certain types of video programs won't show to everyone lately. All we get is a black screen, with no links or anything on/in them. Seems others can see them. It would be nice if those posting videos could post a link to an off-site posting of the video also, at least until this gets figured out and fixed.

This sounds like an interesting development, but I can't view it.:dejection:

Victory103
February 5th, 2017, 19:25
Great vid and interesting move for FSCaptain. I've never used it before as I fly 90% military in the sim, but looks like a very easy GUI allowing for anyone with limited time to jump in and fly a quick stressful mission.

ceo1944
February 5th, 2017, 20:20
Thanks! I enjoyed doing that video, even though when I look at it now I realize how many mistakes I made. I'm still a such greenhorn with the military style missions! I only have about 21 hours in on my Air America career testing the new code having been sick much of the last two months. My other two fantasy "careers" are for Acme in Alaska, often challenging bush flying with the weather, terrain, and the Acme schedule and destinations. Hard to believe but I have 927 hours flown for them so far since 2009! And when the mood strikes me I switch and fly for the historical Piedmont Airlines with their short-hop multi-leg flights and hyper aggressive scheduling. A challenge in a different way. I've flown 470 hours for them. That's real hours - I do not use time acceleration. It's a good thing I make a living in the flight sim biz... ;)

I see "Dustoff" in your signature. I will shortly have to do a video on a rescue-type mission. Of course with the Milviz Huey and a Dustoff paint, of course...and Charlie will probably be somewhere nearby. Those Dustoff crews were beyond incredible in the war.

Dutch

Great vid and interesting move for FSCaptain. I've never used it before as I fly 90% military in the sim, but looks like a very easy GUI allowing for anyone with limited time to jump in and fly a quick stressful mission.

Victory103
February 6th, 2017, 08:52
Yes Dutch, I do have a medevac background and would add that to the mission sets for those that do not own TP or CS Weps (not sure why one wouldn't). Cargo drops would be cool if you are scored on placement, the CS -130 and recently released C-160 would make that challenging like dropping bombs. Based on the FSX mission system, I had all kinds of cool ideas and purchased IMM, but never found the time to make accurate military style missions.

ceo1944
February 6th, 2017, 14:27
For sure. Missions are scored by type and there are five basic types right now:

1 - Delivery - Load up some poundage and fly it from X to Y then fly to X or Z. Points when you deliver, and a few more if you get to your destination.

2 - Pickup - Fly from X to Y and pickup some poundage, then fly to Z or return to X. Poundage can be anything from wounded troops to your C.O.'s cigars it doesn't matter. Some points for getting there, most when pounds get to delivery point.

3 - Drop - Fly from X to Y and air drop pounds from the air, then fly to Z or return to X. Points if pounds land in mission defined target area, and a few more if you get to your destination.

4 - Recon - Fly from X to zone Y and patrol, then return to X or go to Z. Points for getting to zone, and a few more if you get to your destination.

5 - Attack - Fly from X to zone Y and strike targets if possible. Points for getting to target, points for hits, and a few more if you get to your destination.

Note you can get points even if you are shot and crash or have a forced landing.

Placement of AI SimObjects is optional to any of the above (as are they are blue or red) and what they do (ROE and movement) but they will engage or not by themselves. FSCaptain can place the objects, or FSX@War or any other add-on. FSCaptain adds military AI to any objects it sees whether from it or something else, based on a ruleset.

Yes the mission system for FSX is incredibly flexible but also very hard to make one, I know, I have tried. We want to make that easy. As simple as saying where X, Y, and Z are, the mission type, and optionally placing objects and scripting their activity if any.

Medevac would be a pickup type mission. Hat's off to you sir for your service.

Yes Dutch, I do have a medevac background and would add that to the mission sets for those that do not own TP or CS Weps (not sure why one wouldn't). Cargo drops would be cool if you are scored on placement, the CS -130 and recently released C-160 would make that challenging like dropping bombs. Based on the FSX mission system, I had all kinds of cool ideas and purchased IMM, but never found the time to make accurate military style missions.

xpelekis
February 7th, 2017, 01:21
Yes the mission system for FSX is incredibly flexible but also very hard to make one, I know, I have tried. We want to make that easy. As simple as saying where X, Y, and Z are, the mission type, and optionally placing objects and scripting their activity if any.

Bringing the FSX/P3D Mission System potential, into Free Flight for any user to use easily, it's what impresses me with
your work Dutch ! Well done.

On a side note concerning multiplayer, now with the abilities that JoinFS brings, your program will
serve well as an easy mission editor for people to fly some scenarios together, either it be combat or GA !...

JoinFS Cross platform multiplayer flying, this FSCaptain, MP scripted Missions with Tacpack... fantastic times for the FS
community !

modelr
February 7th, 2017, 16:58
This is a direct link to the YouTube video:

And if even that doesn't work, go to YouTube and search for "Mission 55340" and you should find it easily.

Dutch

Thanks for the link, Dutch. Worked great. Going to be watching this development.

YoYo
February 7th, 2017, 21:27
Does is exist any webpage where is this tool (AI Combat addon). Cant find it.
It looks interesting.

DickB
February 8th, 2017, 01:49
Excuse my ignorance - I fly mainly WW2 a/c and don't use any 'mission' system. I do have Gypsy Baron's FLAK package which is excellent, but I like the idea of flak that can actually damage you !

So my question - will this addon work/be available for native FSX without FSCaptain or similar ? i.e. would it be possible to place these simobjects using any of the normal scenery tools and then have them fire at you as you fly by ?

Nice stuff.

ceo1944
February 8th, 2017, 07:27
The website for FSCaptain is http://fscaptain.net - However the AI scripting system and ability for SimObjects to shoot at you is under development for 1.8 and we haven't officially released 1.7.3 yet, it's still in beta. The video was just a sneak peek (there will be more as it develops). We hope to have 1.8 out in beta form in a couple months. It will likely be available in several forms (see reply below).

Does is exist any webpage where is this tool (AI Combat addon). Cant find it.
It looks interesting.

ceo1944
February 8th, 2017, 07:32
Plans for packaging this technology so everyone will have what they want and no more are under consideration. This lineup is possible (subject to change):

1. A external program (yet to be named) that can allow any SimObject to use weapons according to a ruleset, but with no mission system.
2. FSCaptain with the mission system and "action pack" AI, but not the "civilian" side of it.
3. FSCaptain standard without the mission/AI system.
4. FSCaptain with everything in it.

Sounds like option #1 is what you are looking for. It's likely that will be available too.

Excuse my ignorance - I fly mainly WW2 a/c and don't use any 'mission' system. I do have Gypsy Baron's FLAK package which is excellent, but I like the idea of flak that can actually damage you !

So my question - will this addon work/be available for native FSX without FSCaptain or similar ? i.e. would it be possible to place these simobjects using any of the normal scenery tools and then have them fire at you as you fly by ?

Nice stuff.

DickB
February 8th, 2017, 08:49
Plans for packaging this technology so everyone will have what they want and no more are under consideration. This lineup is possible (subject to change):

1. A external program (yet to be named) that can allow any SimObject to use weapons according to a ruleset, but with no mission system.
2. FSCaptain with the mission system and "action pack" AI, but not the "civilian" side of it.
3. FSCaptain standard without the mission/AI system.
4. FSCaptain with everything in it.

Sounds like option #1 is what you are looking for. It's likely that will be available too.

Yep - option #1 would be my choice. That's good news.

docjohnson
April 24th, 2017, 14:44
That's awesome! And I also put a vote in for option 1.

xpelekis
October 16th, 2017, 10:27
Just to inform that this has been publicly released for some time now.
For not repeating myself, you may see my post over here :
https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=120790#p120790

And a demo video I made showcasing just two of the various weapons that you can equip
your simobjects with : 1. ZSU-23 AA & 2. MANPAD "Stinger" IR Missile :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi0t1FjsUfo

FSCAI doesn't need Tacpack or anything to run. Is standalone program.

tgycgijoes
October 17th, 2017, 09:52
I am definitely going to be following this thread closely. I have FSCaptain and used it with civilian flights. I am really impressed after watching the T-28 video above. Looking forward to your release. You'll have a purchase from me and definitely want to test the beta if you'll let me. I have flown modern USN, WWII USN, Vietnam USN and USAAF WWII in flight simulator. Never thought CFS by MS was real enough and I didn't like how IL2 or COD was with all the button pushing (maybe just me). This looks great!!!

xpelekis
October 17th, 2017, 12:09
Beta 4 is publicly available. You can download it and fly with FSCAI shooting at you.
Just follow the link I have provided above to see the details...

tgycgijoes
October 17th, 2017, 12:56
I was at the FSCaptain website and saw the Beta Download on the forum for FSCaptain 1.8 Beta's. Do they contain the FSCCAI or is it a separate stand-alone download. I'm confused. Please clarify. Thank you.

xpelekis
October 17th, 2017, 20:51
FSCAI is installed as part of the FSCaptain Beta 4 1.8.0 installation.

You will find FSCAI.exe in FSX or P3D/FSCaptain/bin folder that is created after installation
of beta 4.

Nevertheless, FSCAI.exe can run as a standalone program by double klicking the FSCAI.exe
after you're in FSX/P3D environment (eg, Free Flight). Ie, you don't have to run it through
the FSCaptain program.

Author's intention though, is FSCAI to be activated by FSCaptain when a combat assignment
is chosen by the user through the FSCaptain interface. This is the case with T-28 first post video.

Still, using FSCAI as standalone as described, is also an "official" way of using it... and one of
the options described above by the author of the program.

If you use it, don't forget to also add the folder I'm talking about at the VRS forum (attached to my post).

xpelekis
October 18th, 2017, 01:42
FSCAI will change the way you view FSX/P3D in my opinion. Is
really a "game" changer... For military & combat oriented FSX/P3D
users, there is virtually no aviation scenario - historical or fictional -
that cannot be simulated... And that is what FSX/P3D is about...

"A video = x1000 words" : Nam' - Heys attack a VC camp :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8DGKSMfqk

Which reminds me the "Falklands Crisis" mission and the ability to
attack HMS Antelope FSCAI defended, with Cattaneo's MB326 & bombs...
Or Than Hoa bridge at North Vietnam with proper VC defences,
Or a pure Hellenic scenario of IMIA 1996 Crisis... or... or...

In video above, VC Base is protected by 2 x ZU-23 AAAs, and 2 x .50cal
units (the jeep & the boat in the river) while FSCAI difficulty level was set
to Hard.
Which reminds me that many programmed features of FSCAI are not documented
in the assignments.pdf, like :
- the ability to surprise AI defences as in video (difficulty level - in Very Hard, fire
had started about 3 miles before we reached the VC base, flight altitude and others)
- the ability to supress with fire AI defences !... and other features.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So in FSX/P3D we currently have :

- the Whole world, sceneries almost about anything, almost any plane flyable or AI
- Weapons & Systems for User's aircraft (VRS Tacpack or even Captain Sim's Weapon)
- Destructible structures or whole theaters that anyone can built (FSX@War program)
- Ground & Surface static or moving AI Defences (FSCAI)
- The inherent ability of FSX/P3D for scripted aviation missions/scenarios, as also,
quite close & similar, FSCaptain "Assignments" for scripted action in Free Flight mode.

Well, I can live with that... Even if the AI planes vs user ability doesn't exist (though it can
be scripted to some extend also...). As a matter of fact I'm quite happy with the vast
potential that opens it's gates... :dizzy:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

PS : Dutch, I'm probably your best advertiser... You should consider pay me something
but I'll compromise with a free copy of the final version for FSX... :encouragement: :very_drunk:

roger-wilco-66
October 18th, 2017, 06:23
I'll try that definitely, thanks for the note!

What I find a bit confusing are the multitude of great tools out there, and the way they interact (or not...). We have FSX@War, CCP, FSCAI, FSCaptain, etc. Then TacPack or CSWeapon. And then FSX/P3Ds own mission system. I think it's hard to keep an overview over all that when one not uses this all the time.

Cheers,
Mark

tgycgijoes
October 18th, 2017, 09:08
Just downloaded FSCaptain 1.8.0 V4 thank you for the info. Looking forward to new things.

b52bob
October 19th, 2017, 04:57
How about a Chem trail mission

Bjoern
October 19th, 2017, 06:50
If Bob gets chemtrails, I want one with a Nazi UFO interception!

xpelekis
October 19th, 2017, 12:26
Great staff... just great.
Militaries in FSX finally have a purpose...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFWTTDUQiw

I'll try that definitely, thanks for the note!

What I find a bit confusing are the multitude of great tools out there, and the way they interact (or not...). We have FSX@War, CCP, FSCAI, FSCaptain, etc. Then TacPack or CSWeapon. And then FSX/P3Ds own mission system. I think it's hard to keep an overview over all that when one not uses this all the time.

Cheers,
Mark

You certainly have a good point. Developers are aware of this
and do their best for the easiest methods for final user.

Good thing is that all these addon programs are standalone and
do not interact. So user can choose to run whatever he feels
comfortable with.

Running FSX@War, CCP and FSCAI at the same time with FSX or P3D,
is quite viable and easy in reality. Easy how ?

The "guide" is CCP (via saved CCP miss). You place the simobjects that
you want where you want (I'm talking mainly about ground vehicles &
statics "misc" that you can also declare in FSCAI here) and Save as a "CCP mission".
That's it.

Whenever you're in the mood of flying with these addons, you run CCP
and just load a saved CCP mission of yours (or other people). You see
there the GMT times that CCP mission uses and thus you can set up yourself
properly at Free Flight UI with GMT Time of Day and Airport.

Start Free Flight, Run FSX@War (if fits) and wait the 2 mins that takes
for simobjects to cash. Run CCP (connect to FSX/P3D) and FSCAI.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Talking about FSCAI, you need a method for placing "vehicles" & "misc"
simobjects where you want them to be, so they can do their firing part.

The only programs I'm aware capable of doing that in Free Flight, is CCP,
Living World and saved .TPS files for Tacpack users (that may be the easiest
method of all for users that have Tacpack).

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Other methods can be FSX Missions/P3D Scenarios, as also the newly
arrived FSCaptain Assignments.

ceo1944
October 19th, 2017, 15:25
Great staff... just great.
Militaries in FSX finally have a purpose...

Thanks xpel for spreading the word. I have not been feeling super well lately and so it's been hard to write clear English, but I'll say some official stuff for everyone here. Hopefully it will be understandable :)

FSCAI is a separate program that interfaces with FSCaptain Assignments (missions) - which is a scripting language that executes in free flight mode and built into the FSCaptain structure. It can provide a mission objective and animate objects and effects to go along with the mission. It's a quite capable scripting language but it's designed to be easy to write and use. (A mission without special animations can be described in three or four lines only.) The FSCAI program is the part that gives enemy objects the ability to target and shoot at you or your allies in the air with a variety of realistic AA weapons from plain guns right up to SAMs. FSCAI does not require FSCaptain to work. It can automatically, by SimObject name, link weapons to any SimObject in free flight. It comes pre-packaged to weaponize many of the standard FSX@War objects right out of the box.

Right now we're at the late beta stage for FSCaptain 1.8. When that's released, it will contain an "early adopter" free version of the Assignments system that also includes FSCAI for free. That means that the "free trial" version of FSCaptain 1.8 will contain a fully functional early version of Assignments that will work for you whether or not you register it.

The next major release of FSCaptain (probably, 2.0) will contain the official version of Assignments (with FSCAI) and you'll have to register to get it functional outside of its limited demo zones. We will package a special version of the FSCaptain product, named FSCaptain RED, that contains only the Assignments/FSCAI for a price under the full price for the product - for those that aren't interested in the civilian ATP features that thousands have enjoyed for nearly 8 years now.

The FSCAI program will continue to be free in its basic form right now. But, we plan on enhancing it greatly. Imagine ground units that fight each other. Imagine enemy aircraft that can attack you and dogfight. Imagine not being alone but having wingmen who obey your orders. Imagine GCI and military ATC. And much, much more. Some of this is planned for FSCaptain 2.0 and more will be added as the whole system evolves.

Hope this helps explain our plans.
Dutch

tgycgijoes
October 19th, 2017, 19:41
WOW!!!! I am so looking forward to what you guys have in store for the future...an FSX like IL2 or DCS? Keep up the great work.

roger-wilco-66
October 19th, 2017, 21:06
Thanks for taking your time to give these explanations, Chris and Dutch. Sounds great. Is there sort of a tutorial about what to employ and how to configure it to generate an environment like it was done at the plain of jars video or the attack of the camp / island airfield above? It could be used to jump start those who are interested.

I wish there was another weapon delivery system as an alternative for Tacpack. I can't use that because I'm on a P3D professional dev license plan.

Cheers,
Mark

edakridge
October 20th, 2017, 03:23
Dutch, I want to say Thank You for all of your hard work! I have been involved with Flight Sim for over 20 years and we are closer now to having a (Global) combat sim than ever before. With the advent of Tacpack,FSX@War, and now your FSCAI Air to Ground (Realistic) warfare is now possible. A comprehensive Manual/Tutorial would be a major help though.

Roger-Wilco, have you tried vACMI from SSW? It works in P3Dv4 as well.

Dimus
October 20th, 2017, 04:10
vACMI is free as a package but works only with SSW aircraft I think. It includes a wide arrange of weapons but I am not sure if other planes can be vACMIed like they can be TacPacked. Mario may advise further.

roger-wilco-66
October 20th, 2017, 04:14
[...]

Roger-Wilco, have you tried vACMI from SSW? It works in P3Dv4 as well.

No, I have not. Thanks for mentioning. I'll have a gander at, maybe it can be used.

Cheers,
Mark

Victory103
October 20th, 2017, 10:28
Thank you both for even adding the features into FSX. I was corrected on the VRS forums from xpelekis and now understand the team effort involved. I can remember first getting Capt Sim Weapons, then think "now what?" as I gun down that enemy AI Cessna.

xpelekis
October 21st, 2017, 20:18
Sounds great. Is there sort of a tutorial about what to employ and how to configure it to generate an environment like it was done at the plain of jars video or the attack of the camp / island airfield above? It could be used to jump start those who are interested.

Cheers,
Mark

Here it is.
Though half an hour tutorial, the "procedure" to fly a ready CCP.mis
with FSCAI in FSX/P3D takes few seconds and is less than easy as
video demonstrates...

Video tutorial covers :
- How to place simobjects in FSX/P3D and save as a CCP mission
- Info & Customization of FSCAI
- How to fly a combat scenario using CCP & FSCAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juoXlQKDcbY

For making this tutorial video, I chose a combat scenario taking place
at Iwo Jima 1945 scenery (by Tom Stoval that you can find at the library).

I also provide this CCP mission ("Iwo Jima Battle") of the video, with
the simobjects needed, for anyone interested to fly & try in practise what video presents...

Download Link :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dQ46a_xCSeSDJDTHRCWEkwYTA

awstub
October 22nd, 2017, 08:01
Chris,

That's a great "how to" video.

Is there a limit on how many guns can be FSCAI enabled at one time?
For example, in the FSX@War SEA theater, there are about 130 AAA positions in Laos.
Can they all be enabled at once?

Thanks,

StuB

xpelekis
October 22nd, 2017, 10:39
You don't have to worry about this, I think.
Simobjects get active when user/s is close enough, inside weapons range parameters as
defined for each type of weapon in FSCAI. So, "no all weapons of a theater activate at once".

On the other hand, if at the close area you're currently flying, have been placed too many
weapons that fire tracers (that are simobjects also), the number of simobjects may be to
much for FSX/P3D to handle.

So during mission designing, you must avoid overloading a "small" area of operations with
two many weapons that use simobject projectiles (like tracers).

JosefK
October 22nd, 2017, 22:11
DEFINITELY a mod I want for my FSX and soon to be P3D builds!

xpelekis
October 22nd, 2017, 22:31
It's already P3D ready, including v4 also...

roger-wilco-66
October 22nd, 2017, 22:37
Wow, Chris, thanks for putting that video together.

This will be very helpful.

Cheers,
Mark

xpelekis
October 23rd, 2017, 11:57
And the second video tutorial, focusing mainly at the FSX@War addon now,
and the combined use with CCP & FSCAI, for the maximum available ability
for Military Ops in FSX/P3D currently...
For my presentation, I use the SE Asia FSX@War theater, in a scenario that
a "Skyrider" recon - attacks a NVC camp in this theater :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGpXg1f2Kg

roger-wilco-66
October 23rd, 2017, 12:07
Holy cow, Chris. I think I'll forward my scenery work on the PDJ / LS-20a to you guys. What you guys are developing is what I've been dreaming on doing the scenery part of my part of all that work.
Would be nice if all that can meet at some point.

Cheers,
Mark

xpelekis
October 23rd, 2017, 12:49
Definitely... Mark, your sceneries like Chodo island and LS20 are of very high modern standards...
It will be a great addition to the SEA theater, objects library like yours.

Cheers.

ceo1944
October 23rd, 2017, 16:35
Looking forward to your sceneries Mark! FSX@War already has LS20A and at least a dozen or more of the smaller Lima sites already defined. Nothing in FSCaptain RED assumes anything about particular details of any airports or scenery, except the presence of a few Navaids that are in the FSX@War package. So yours could be used on top of FSX@War for greater detail.

The Air America section of RED contains the widest variety of missions and the most of any package so far, many in support of FSX@War, but most not requiring it.

We're talking air drop missions to many of the Lima sites, or pickup and delivery missions using STOL like the PC-6. Combat CAS and armed recce in support of the friendlies fighting in the PDJ. There's even a couple of CSAR, one involving a downed F-100 in the PDJ with NVA closing in, so its a race against time for the pilot - and you the rescuer. There's also a dawn mission to pickup a Hmong special operations team right on the border with North Vietnam, that can only be safely done by helicopter and best done in low light. You have to take a careful route in, or risk being bagged by the AA guns all along the infiltration routes.

When FSCaptain 1.8 is announced I'll be sure to let everyone here know. That will contain all the SE Asia missions and more.

Dutch

Holy cow, Chris. I think I'll forward my scenery work on the PDJ / LS-20a to you guys. What you guys are developing is what I've been dreaming on doing the scenery part of my part of all that work.
Would be nice if all that can meet at some point.

Cheers,
Mark

xpelekis
October 31st, 2017, 04:23
With latest FSC 1.8.0 (beta 5) FSCAI upgrade, AI planes explode on surface
when shot down, as also "AI gunners" don't have any special preference for user
relative to any other AI plane at the area... Falklands 1982 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LVn81TxC0Q

Motivated to make a photoscenery for this historical conflict for some flying with
Restauravia Mirage III, Cattaneo's MB326 & the Milviz Huey... Maybe an FSX@War
small theater also...

http://flyingspirit.freehostia.com/Airpower/img/Falklands/2.jpg

http://flyingspirit.freehostia.com/Airpower/img/Falklands/3.jpg

JosefK
October 31st, 2017, 09:10
Thanks so much. I've always thought the Falklands was underrepresented in combat flight sims anyway!

xpelekis
November 18th, 2017, 09:42
Now, this video is the best advertisement for FSCAI... :applause: Probably the best combat video
in FS that I've seen so far. Who said that militaries in FS is only for screenshots & videos ?... :untroubled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGfy_4Lo9cM

xpelekis
November 22nd, 2017, 08:11
Dutch released today FSCAI as standalone addon, ie, without the need of
downloading the FSCaptain beta.:jump::applause:

Find it here : http://fscaptain.proboards.com/board/29/fscai

Victory103
November 22nd, 2017, 17:54
Awesome heads up, on the way to download.