PDA

View Full Version : Triple monitor issue

killmigs
February 1st, 2017, 16:27
Hello all - I recently decided to run a triple monitor setup for FSX. Some issues I will ask about in a sec, but first here is the system I'm running.

Intel Core i7-6700K Processor 4.0GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready
G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM
Toshiba 1TB 7,200RPM HDD + Samsung 250GB SSD
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 Motherboard
CoolerMaster EVO Hyper 212 Cooler
EVGA 750W Bronze Power Supply
802.11n Wireless

Issue 1)
I am running the 3 monitors using Nvidia Surround. I have tried the Wideview=True mod in fsx.cfg but do not like the distortion you see as you move from the center screen towards the outer screens, so I don't use that modification. Since we cannot zoom beyond .30 we are stuck with the relatively close views of the panels and the aircraft, even in external views (although the Wideview fix DID allow a lot further out zoom level (both external and in cockpit) but that distortion....)
The closer views of .30 I can live with, but I have to manually zoom each view to .30 before every flight?
Question 1)
Is there any setting in fsx.cfg that can change the global default zoom for all views to the .30 so I don't have to do this each and every flight?

Issue 2)
The spinning circle mouse cursor from hell whenever I open a 2D view. I have researched and found a fix where you alter the panel.cfg Window 00 to something less than 1.000,1.000 and it fixes that aircraft.
Question 2)
Has there been a newer fix to the cursor problem than the panel.cfg mod to every aircraft? I found the panel.cfg fix on a fairly old thread...

Issue 3)
I would like to run the 3 monitors as the linked together view out the windows and then run a 4th monitor below them that I drag the instrument panel onto.
Question 3a)
Can I use the onboard graphics for the instrument panel view only? Please elaborate if so...
3b)
If not able to use the integrated graphics, the GTX 1070 in the PC has 5 output slots (3 display ports, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI-D. Would this tax the one card too much?
3c)
Somewhat related I think - is opening another view on any monitor practically the same demand on the system as another actual physical monitor itself? Is there any difference?

And finally... I would actually rather have the 3 monitors that show me the view outside be the Cockpit view (but closing the 2D Instrument Panel) instead of the Virtual Cockpit view because with the Instrument Panel removed there are no obstructions such as window frames, top of panel,etc). The problem with this arrangement however, is that in Cockpit view, the hat switch only snaps to left, right, back, forward etc and doesn't pan as it does in Virtual Cockpit view.
Question 4 then is...
Any way to have the Cockpit view hat switch pan instead of snap? Have t been able to get it to do that yet.

Thanks for reading - hope somebody has seen some of theses issues and has been able to fix them!