PDA

View Full Version : Creating area problem help needed

dog1
February 8th, 2009, 18:01
attached is a problem i have creating an area on dublon island truk.Can someone please tell me what is causing this,
dog1

Jean Bomber
February 9th, 2009, 11:55
Hi Dog !
The scale of your area d10 scenery seems have wrong values..... It seems too that You've used a "surface" as "divers object" (in french "objet divers --> surface ) to flattenise your scenery ,it is better to use "divers object"---> flat zone "Area16N" .the surface object is a rectangle ,you can only change is size but it stay a rectangle .
Area16n is more flexible ,it can be displayed point to point to make your zone flat .
Be aware about the flattens ,with this kind of meshed scenery ,they works around up for several meters away the line you've drawed in fssc,it's better to draw back the flattens are supposed to be.---->that can eat the mesh,cut the hills and make some cliffs where there are not in real.
seems already done......
I don't think it's judicious to make a flatten scenery in this island like you've started ,in first to keep the topograhy of this collapsed volcano ....and i don't think that a blended MR style scenery can be easy done in this kind of site except on a small and straight band near the shores on the boundaries of the Island...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1435&page=5 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1435&page=5)
Dublon seems had to be principaly a port ,you have piers object to realize it ...I think ,not stud it ....,that the infs was surely,logicaly,displayed in the shores and around in the vegetation , you have objects for .....
In the scenery ,in this portion of the island ,I've put a town landclass that can be do a suitable background to place some inf objects.
If needed i could add some road ,I apologie ...that I've forgetten to draw them , but I want to say that I was afraid when i've seen the "dynamite" treatment :pop4: you've done with this poor island .....MAMAMIA :eek:....He wants implant a new Wal-Mart....:faint:

:Banane15: JP

dog1
February 17th, 2009, 01:51
First of all mercy beaucoup for your reply i was not expecting a serious reponse dans ce forum to my question. I solved the problem and this is my premiere fois doing an area by doing the following:
!)all the steps relating to psp work in 256 pixels.
2)area 16 was done but reduced as you saw plus tard.
3)the area of work in psp minitiurized because it seems to expand in cfs2.
finally did you like my work?or maybe you have not instaled it.Dublon was not a real port it was ships unloading onto barges in the coral reef.The piers where very simple.I based my layout from doc films.
a bien tot
dog1

dog1
February 17th, 2009, 02:24
JBomber
Estceque vous pouvez m'aidez?

I cant change the direction"heading" of the airfield'.I go to scenery edit and change the heading but it keeps pointing nord.Can you help
si'l vous plait
dog1

Jean Bomber
February 17th, 2009, 10:00
JBomber
Estceque vous pouvez m'aidez?

I cant change the direction"heading" of the airfield'.I go to scenery edit and change the heading but it keeps pointing nord.Can you help
si'l vous plait
dog1

I'm always ready to help
I've no totally understand the issue but I saw also in the pics that you have leave your flatten to 0 ,you have in this location some mesh,It's always better to keep them as it's possible ,you need to find the right elevations,you can with cfs2 in the MB
Where do you want to change the "Heading" in fssc or in cfs2 ?
In cfs2 ,you change it in .....\Combat Flight Simulator 2\INFO in it you open the airbase.dat txt
[runway.146]
id=8073
name=KW Kamino
heading=316 <------here
allegiance=0
units_across=0
base_lat=N34 16.98
base_lon=E129 19.95
base_alt=7
takeoff_start_pos=-600,0
takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
landing_start_pos=5000,350
landing_touchdown_pos=600,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0
but this will change only the heading of the plane not the airfield

in fssc in Edit --->scenery property ---->rotation ,default is 0* ,personnally I never change it ,I prefer rotate my background image to place it in the right heading.
I teel you franckly I've not installed Dublon cause I find that the flattens are too much expended they've eaten all the mesh around ,even Param is flat now,doesn't it ?
The mesh in JBbr Truk are lod 9 and the interest of the Truk atool is precisely the particular topography of these volcanic islands ,and the use of flattens need to be "light" only near the coasts .
That I can purpose for Dublon is to add the roads missed ,focalised I was by the Waterclass and Landclass ,and I can with G2k to prepare the ground at the right location and scale with suitable background poly of the japanese base to keep to the maximum the mesh ,based on the db10 plan .the problem is that your db10 is now on the road ....for the object placing it's a part that can't fully done cause I've a small configured laptop ...
Are you ready to rework it ? If yes i will do the roads etc...,if not I could not do them cause the fssc polygone will recover these and the g2k roads and poly will not show up through it.
You know to a well done scenery ,the most important is a good start ,a right oriented and scaled background image.The planes need to have the right dimensions and forms ,I think ,if we can ,as most it's possible ,do the same for the sceneries,it's how i see the things .

JP

dog1
February 17th, 2009, 11:35
JBomber
REF:Guam

salut

from your reply
"I prefer rotate my background image to place it in the right heading."

I need your help for my above problem right now the rest can wait.
Look at my image above,Guam airfield and you will see it is pointing north ,it is not changing direction in FSSC changing the heading .Please show me how to change the heading of the airfield only.By rotating the polygon in fssc nothing is happening as well.
merci
dog1

dog1
February 17th, 2009, 11:57
JBomber
REF:Dublon mesh and flatten
Below are images for you to observe.
1 arriving at 1500 ft note the hills in the background
2the port with barges
3the hills looking east
4 the warehousing section at sea level
5 unloaded material at the port
6 the hills looking east
7 the hills looking north across the bay

dog1

dog1
February 17th, 2009, 12:21
JBomber
Ref:Param moen
1 Moen
2 param
3param

please note from these images that the flatten and mesh is not altered.
dog1

dog1
February 17th, 2009, 12:33
REF:your comments guam

from these images below please note heading of airfield and compare to the images in my post Guam number 4 to understand better my problem.
"in the pics that you have leave your flatten to 0 ,you have in this location some mesh,It's always better to keep them as it's possible ,you need to find the right elevations,you can with cfs2 in the MB"

Please note i have adjusted the flatten to 350ft for this image i can lift it later to 450ft approx but not now because the runways dissappear when i need to take top down images for my scenery work, actually i set the flatten back to zero to take images with runway or else they dont appear in top down view.
dog1

Jean Bomber
February 17th, 2009, 14:36
Hi Dog

please note from these images that the flatten and mesh is not altered.
dog1

In first to begin ,to see what really happens with the mesh and the rest.You could too install the complete scenery that could be cool to see the result the airbases with the new water and land class I've make some weeks to realise them, Moen had some wrong with sand texture around the airfield ...... ,a scenery is a superposition of layer ,in order from the bottom :the mesh ,the land and water mask ,the land water class value,the poly lines vtp1,some flattens where it's needed, a MR's blended poly work for ground finition and to give life to it a MB gsl object placement.
Build a scenery well done need today to deal with the terrain relief ,and if some new features are made in a area is better to build the scenery with.

for the heading ? rotate your background image and poly to the north and set in the edit dialog box the orientation to 0*,that should be ok ...?

JP

dog1
February 17th, 2009, 17:26
JBomber
your comments

"for the heading ? rotate your background image and poly to the north and set in the edit dialog box the orientation to 0*,that should be ok ...? "

Bonjour,

the true heading is betwen 52 and 56 degrees for the airfield and runway to face the correct direction as you can see in the images i posted.The runways are facing the correct heading but how do i turn the airfield? the runways do turn either manually or setting the heading.By turning the polygon nothing happens to the airfield heading,when i go back to MB it keeps pointing north as per image in my posting number 4, i tried that before.This is my big problem and the reason i am seeking help
dog1

Jean Bomber
February 17th, 2009, 18:55
What is the background image you use for ? ,a cfs2 screen ,a map ,the both, severals.....a cfs2 screen is head to 0* almost all the map too ..
I thinks you must set your scenery to 0* the north and only rotate your airfield poly ,to find the right heading or enter directly the value ,52* ...56*,in the the property poly dialog box.
when you built your airfield using the MR process,as in the tuto, you have to place some roads and runways ,you have to move rotate and head them at this step your airfield must be already headed... that is here I don't understand ...?
Here a pics quickly made but almost accurate background image ,a three layer psp,that could be used in fssc or G2K I've made to explain my "divergence" in the vision of Dublon I have about the elevations ,the black arrows points the three small mounts flattened ,and also about the placement and the scale of the D 10 area.In this kind of site we walk on eggs when we have to flatten ,as i said upper drawing flattens is not so easy,they expands around boundaries you must keep a "marge" of some meters ,but it's possible ,that must be do carefuly and need at start a very accurate placement of the scenery and some tests to check the results ,that's can be depend of some pixels on fssc...

JP

dog1
February 18th, 2009, 03:09
JBomber
REF:Wallmart

I wanted to give some area and not just that small area you mention which i new and called area10.Believe me even making everything very small as i mentioned earlier it still expands in cfs2!!!Look at the new images below this time with your waves and mesh installed you can see that the heights are there and i flattened only to a certain distance east,I have noted your comments and i agree with them.I can handle what you mention for the next scenery as i get more sofisticated.In my read me i advise to install all your files but its up to the player to decide what he wants to add,myself i have stuck to my pactex defaults.the coral files bore me after a while.I see no changes after installing the mesh with the other 3 areas param moen and eten.
Now my big problem of changing the heading of the airbase.Having read what you mention and my tutors opinion today and after experimenting all day the problem is as follows.
You can move and change headings for objects such as runway ndb and refuel continously while you cannot do so with the airfield.
when inputing the data into the fssc edit you must put in the airfield heading from the start.After that it wont move!!so if you are in doubt the only way is to set up a very simple airfield and install it to see if the heading is acceptable historically then go back and paint the real one.Everything else is flexible and can be moved including take off as you know.
the other problem i was facing today was B29 6800ft runways since i have started rebuilding the B29 bases in the Marianas and iwo jima for cfs2.They are too long for fssc.I have to find a solution or else the aircraft will not take off.My polygons are too big and go outside the flaten etc etc so this is a new experience for me
dog1

dog1
February 18th, 2009, 05:24
TECH TIME

JBomber

How do you put this right and what causes this?
dog1

Jean Bomber
February 18th, 2009, 09:48
Hi dog

Sorry for the Wallmart...... ,I'm a just a kind of meshomaniac ,I like them natural as it's possible ,I find they improve the game,and by the way that modifies the process to make the sceneries... , I' can't imagine cfs2 without now ,the work that Rhumba make on the subject go in this sense .i'm also for make my sceneries most it possible i can accurate geographicly and realistic historicly.I can take some weeks searching map ,photos ,infos etc....before begin to start a project ,many of I've in stock are just started but will not be finished for a while...

let your scenery at 0* north oriented in fssc ,the heading of the airfields will be set after in INFO\ airbase.dat, as if you add a new airbase

"How do you put this right and what causes this?"

what's about the runways ? or about the flatten ?

JP

dog1
February 18th, 2009, 14:08
JBomber

REf:Flatten
I mean the flatten, you can see the sea lifted, how do you set it back down again around the shore in that area?The dummy test "airfield runway" painted in psp and then converted to bmp is now heading in the right direction which now proves that you must input the right heading for the airfield in FSSC before installing it.You can move it all by changing the data in edit but not the heading of the airfield, i hope i am wrong and that someone can show me how, that is my hope because it will save a lot of time in correcting work.
In airbase.dat you can change the heading but nothing will happen,the only thing airbase.dat does is move to the correct take of point and take off heading but that is all.
salut
dog1
image of Guam WIP flatten and FSSC

dog1
February 18th, 2009, 23:55
and here the problem of the flatten does not appear, the flatten is set at 450 ft.What causes this distortion?
dog1

Jean Bomber
February 19th, 2009, 01:15
and here the problem of the flatten does not appear, the flatten is set at 450 ft.What causes this distortion?
dog1

450 ft is Surely not enough ,try upper and test,increase or decrease it until you find the correct values

JP

dog1
February 19th, 2009, 19:24
JBomber
REF:Guam Plateau

when i point with the mouse in MB at the area i want to place my base i set the poly,flatten and airbase.dat elevation at that height. in this case it is 231ft.When i go into MB i notice that the flatten has lowered the base area below the landscape !!please look at the image.Then when i place the aircraft to take off it falls below the scenery and blows up.What is causing this and how do i go about setting the scenery correctly at the correct height ?
dog1

dog1
February 19th, 2009, 20:56
J BOMBER
Note these images, everything is set at 242ft and yet look at all this chaos!!Note how the flatten still sinks in the landscape ,the runways are high up and the plane flips and explodes on take off,please comment on how to fix this,
dog1

dog1
February 19th, 2009, 21:43
J Bomber

encore des images at take off.
dog1

Jean Bomber
February 20th, 2009, 09:48
Try this link ,it's very instructive book about the SW pac islands elevation
http://books.google.fr/books?id=ChyilRml0hcC&pg=PA411&lpg=PA411&dq=WWII+Guam+northwest+airfield+elevations&source=bl&ots=bJkcwWpw0h&sig=UPMRtJukiXGJTIO14jZr-3L4VKY&hl=fr&ei=iZieSevtEsXB-AbDj7m2Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result#PPA418,M1
look at p 380 and after
The poly and the flatten must have the same altitude,I 've already made some lod9 mesh for these islands, I've quickly look ,the elevations in the plateau ,so the airfield, seem to be around 145 150 m,but it should be better to find a more accurate source
here a another link
http://www.airfields-freeman.com/HI/Airfields_W_Pacific.htm

Dog I advise you in first to install the Rhumba lod7 mesh,and if you have some lod9 you can too,as I see in the other post that can give some surprise if for design a scenery this is forgetten and negliged.
Take time,....cool man... :Banane40:.....,
Take time in first to learn and understand how work the tools, after for build and at the end to be sure before upload that the work is really well done and finished .
don't worry i'm on the scenery subject since 2003 ,I have made a break 3 years restarted last year and i learn again every day on it ,even Rhumba had learnt new tips working on their lod 5, 7 ,9 mesh....

JP

dog1
February 20th, 2009, 15:47
J Bomber

thanks links and advice but they do not explain anything or give any tutorial about flatten mesh poly elevations in fssc and cfs2 airfield building.
dog1