PDA

View Full Version : Got it goin'

trucker
February 8th, 2009, 16:58
Everything seems to be okay except that in 32bit resolution my 2d panel starts to go corrupt then locks the game. I went to 16 and everything seems to be fine so far. Is this norm? I see no difference in 32/16 so I am sticking to it. I am playing (so far) at 1680 * 1050 and all is well...

I also have the properties/combatabilty for the exe. at xp sp2..

Just curious

Trucker out:

EMatheson
February 8th, 2009, 17:00
That is probably your problem... oddly enough, CFS1 works best in Vista if you DON'T use the compatibility settings... in fact, the same is true of the entire Flight Simulator series... although for other applications and games I have, said settings can be very very necessary!

trucker
February 9th, 2009, 02:07
I spoke too soon. I am getting corrupted graphics after flying for app 5 min and then sooner when I restart. Don't know what it is..

Vista sp1
Intel 6600 quad
8800 Nvidia w latest drivers
2 gig memory

trucker out:

Ok, that's weird. Just played a mission using P51 and no graphic glitches to speak of. Was/could it be something to do with a hurricane panel?

Johnny
February 9th, 2009, 12:21
~S~ All,

I use the Windows 2000 setting on my Vista, and it works fine, most of the time. Vista wants to merge files when you are not looking and make copies of everything.

I looked for the settings for CFS, but could not find them. I will find them and post them here ASAP. How fast is that?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179350

Johnny:friday:

trucker
February 9th, 2009, 14:14
Still not sure but flew 2 sortie as Luft battle over europe with no glitch at all. I did re-install CFS as admin (topic posted somewhere around here) and so far so good?

Trucker out: