PDA

View Full Version : FS9 Flight Dynamics vs FSX

jmig
October 8th, 2008, 05:38
After reading the recent thread on the Aerosoft A-10 for FS9, I took the plunge and purchased it. (It is on sale and the $ is looking better against the Euro)

I love the way the pilots grunts while pulling Gs and the FS9 texturing stands up well in FSX. One question on the FD.

They seem a little squirrely? Maybe it is my ham-fisted flying? But, while never actually flew the real plane I knew several A-10 pilots. I was once station at a base that had a sister A-10 outfit. I remember them telling me, "Your mother could fly it. It is so stable" I thought the Aerosoft A-10 would be very stable. I haven't found that to be so.

Can flight dynamics for FS9 be that different in FSX? If so, can someone give me a "pilot's" reasoning?

Alexraptor
October 8th, 2008, 07:50
Are you saying you are using a FS9 aircraft in FSX and it behaves differently in FSX?

Lateral-G
October 8th, 2008, 07:55
I can tell you from an aero standpoint the A-10 should fly like a dream. It should NOT be squirrelly. It's a gun platform and a bomb delivery truck so it needs inherent stability. The straight, slab wing, thick airfoil, fowler flaps, etc. make it so. Your pilot buddy is right in that the real A-10 is a sweetheart to fly.

There are differences in the way FS9 aircraft perform in FSX. I believe it has to do with coding of the flight dynamics. I've seen some planes that were rock stable in FS9 behave very differently in FSX.

-G-

fliger747
October 8th, 2008, 09:19
To fully evaluate the flying charcteristics, turn the turbulence off, FSX overdoes this.

T.

jmig
October 8th, 2008, 12:56
Are you saying you are using a FS9 aircraft in FSX and it behaves differently in FSX?

I don't know how it behaves in FS9, Alex. I haven't run FS9 in a year. I bought it for FSX.

Fliger747, I will check the turbulence settings. It could have been me. I was ham fisting and yanking and banking. I am still using the CH Products stick. A short JS gives you more movement than you often need.

kilo delta
October 8th, 2008, 14:06
Yep...I noted the same observation in my A-10 screenie thread. The FDE is most definately off. I was trying out some nap-of-earth flying, rolling inverted on the crest of mountain ridges in order to hug the terrain (as is the Hawg's thang:d) but found the aircraft plunging nose first into the scenery...even with the stick pushed full forward!!:isadizzy:

Panthered........i believe the term is called:costumes:

bazzar
October 8th, 2008, 15:09
Yes flight dynamics are different for the two sims.:engel016: