PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR 2017 Rules

Panther_99FS
January 23rd, 2017, 18:23
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/23/fast-facts-questions-2017-race-format-enhancements.html
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/23/nascar-announces-new-race-format-2017-season.html

stansdds
January 24th, 2017, 01:43
ugh. Stages and mandatory cautions. Great for tv and radio advertisers, they know exactly when there will be long commercial breaks. I think I'm done with NA$CAR.

Roxane-21
January 24th, 2017, 04:36
I was fearing something as soon as they announced a new title sponsor...

But after all, this could be interesting.

> A driver who dominates a race but suffers a mechanical failure before the checkered flag would get some valuable championship points instead of nothing.
> Chase points will not be totally reset at the end of each round (except for the last race at Miami) since winning drivers will keep their bonus points. This will be more fair and drivers who earn wins will try to get more to have more bonus points.

Let see what this will produce in terms of sport and show. This is the first time ever since I started following NASCAR, but I am quite confident about these new rules.:encouragement:

Terry
January 24th, 2017, 06:12
Fair is what we had from the beginning of NASCAR to the beginning of the Chase!

eddie
January 24th, 2017, 08:26
ugh. Stages and mandatory cautions. Great for tv and radio advertisers, they know exactly when there will be long commercial breaks. I think I'm done with NA$CAR.

I tend to agree, can hardly watch a race now with all the same commercials going on and on, so just what we need, more of them!!

Roxane-21
January 24th, 2017, 14:11
I tend to agree, can hardly watch a race now with all the same commercials going on and on, so just what we need, more of them!!
Here we watch NASCAR races live without any commercials. And while YOU are watching commercials, WE get awful inboard camera sequences. :a1310:

Panther_99FS
January 24th, 2017, 15:53
So....
The other side of the debate is that NASCAR is giving a "nod" to the local Saturday night heat race format...

stansdds
January 25th, 2017, 01:43
So....
The other side of the debate is that NASCAR is giving a "nod" to the local Saturday night heat race format...

And that could well be the positive side. Guess we'll find out in just a few weeks.

Daveroo
January 25th, 2017, 07:53
i was keeping quiet on this,but,i must say this format should,in theory make drivers run harder,if there are 3 chances to make points that count towards the final out come,then they will run harder,be a bit more competitive. i'm lobbying for two things,stop any more start n park,which this should eliminate, well i hope anyway.and two to have more points awarded to the runners up,like through fifth place in each of the "heats".

one thing i also have pushed for is qualifying two make heat one or heat two,sort of like the twin 125s.which would set the field for the main.

Panther_99FS
January 25th, 2017, 20:12
i must say this format should,in theory make drivers run harder,

Dave,
I agree with you here!