PDA

View Full Version : 'Brad Keselowski To Drive #25 For RHMS @ Lowes'

Panther_99FS
October 8th, 2008, 04:36
I wonder if he'll fare better than Logano--> http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-new-face-for-hendrick/

Cazzie
October 8th, 2008, 08:40
I don't think so Panther, I think they are pushing Lugano too fast like they did Casey Atwood. Some like Kyle Busch have to talent out of the box, others have to earn respect and learn their way. Brad has a cooler head than Lugano and he'll make it.

Caz

Panther_99FS
October 8th, 2008, 08:50
Makes you wonder if Logano's success was due to the soop'd up Toyota engines...:kilroy::cost1:

EasyEd
October 8th, 2008, 17:18
Hey All,

I don't know much about Keselowski so it's hard to say. I do absolutely agree with Caz that drivers can be brought on too fast and Casey is a classic example. I really liked Casey Atwood and thought he should have become a solid driver. Caz is also right that few drivers are stars immediately - Kyle is one but drivers like Kyle are very very rare. Kasey Kahne, Greg Biffle and Carl Edwards and I would argue Jimmy Johnson were others who were basically able to "step up". But having first rate equipment really helped all of them. I think teams who put "prodigys" in first rate cars in "lower" series than Cup are deluding themselves when they succeed. Logano strikes me this way - his success to date I think is more car than him but that doesn't mean he's a no talent - he just may not be being handled right. I wish Brad well and hope Hendrick has the ability to truly evaluate him as a driver.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
October 9th, 2008, 03:44
So what's the "right" way to bring up a driver into the Cup series then :ques:(Since judging by the posts here, apparently most of the big teams are doing it wrong...)

wombat666
October 9th, 2008, 04:23
So what's the "right" way to bring up a driver into the Cup series then :ques:(Since judging by the posts here, apparently most of the big teams are doing it wrong...)

For starters, make the 'Feeder Series' free the name drivers at level one.
:banghead:

Daveroo
October 9th, 2008, 07:01
Hey All,

I don't know much about Keselowski so it's hard to say. I do absolutely agree with Caz that drivers can be brought on too fast and Casey is a classic example. I really liked Casey Atwood and thought he should have become a solid driver. Caz is also right that few drivers are stars immediately - Kyle is one but drivers like Kyle are very very rare. Kasey Kahne, Greg Biffle and Carl Edwards and I would argue Jimmy Johnson were others who were basically able to "step up". But having first rate equipment really helped all of them. I think teams who put "prodigys" in first rate cars in "lower" series than Cup are deluding themselves when they succeed. Logano strikes me this way - his success to date I think is more car than him but that doesn't mean he's a no talent - he just may not be being handled right. I wish Brad well and hope Hendrick has the ability to truly evaluate him as a driver.

-Ed-
you can add ryan newman to that list of "hot drivers" who moved up fast then petered out..yeah he had some good runs and owns alot of poles...but he really hasnt been the phenom that he was in USAC or ARCA (won every arca race he was in)
brad has been settled down by Jr ALOT...when i first started watchin him as a backup driver for jr motorsports..he was a wildman...and he still looses his temper...alot like denny hamlin does...im afraid if brak doesnt keep that in check in CUP,hes in for a world of hurt....
same goes for lagono....saw him in an interview after that 3 rd place finish a while back and he was pissed...not at his performance..but at the other drivers "disrespecting his ability"....his words....i heard that and lost a lot of rescpect for him

smoores
October 9th, 2008, 10:34

The way DEI did it for Martin Truex. He ran in the Busch series for 2 years, and DEI waited until he was good and ready for the cup series. I don't think cup teams are doing it wrong, but I think Gibbs saw that Joey was being thrown in too early and backed off. After all, he is still just a kid.

wombat666
October 9th, 2008, 19:18
For starters, make the 'Feeder Series' free the name drivers at level one.
:banghead:

Doh!
Must be the radiation!!
'For starters, make the 'Feeder Series' free of level one drivers.'
That was what was trying to say!
:isadizzy: