PDA

View Full Version : Beagle Pup now released

peterwatkins2
January 12th, 2017, 12:44
Hi all, Rob has now put the Pup up on his site and all repaints are now available on FlightSim.com.
http://i.imgur.com/6RyxImQ.jpg
:ernaehrung004: Peter

molyned
January 12th, 2017, 13:01
Nice one folks - well done.:applause:
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Roger
January 12th, 2017, 13:17
Rob's website: http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

Dynasaur
January 12th, 2017, 14:17
THank you Rob - So happy to finally have this aircraft. I used to fly one from Bankstown (Sydney) back in 1991. Only about 12 hours in it but I loved it.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46178&stc=1 I'm the person standing behind it.:jump:

Roger
January 12th, 2017, 16:38
Thanks Rob and Peter!

https://i.imgbox.com/jPT5GfPZ.jpg (http://imgbox.com/jPT5GfPZ)

Roger
January 12th, 2017, 16:44
One more...

https://i.imgbox.com/9em3axyh.jpg (http://imgbox.com/9em3axyh)

Flyboy208
January 12th, 2017, 18:01
What a fun little single this is ! Thanks Rob for another FS Gem ! Mike :ernaehrung004:

Bradburger
January 12th, 2017, 18:36
Very nice!

Cheers

Paul

dhasdell
January 12th, 2017, 22:18
Only one short hop so far, but I can see I'll be flying it a lot. Thank you both.

doublecool
January 13th, 2017, 01:17
Nice little Aircraft :ernaehrung004:
Lots of fun

And the paints for the little bugger... :wavey:

Thank you
dc

AusWilko
January 13th, 2017, 02:23
Looks like fun, be interesting to see what paints come out for it

dhasdell
January 13th, 2017, 03:36
be interesting to see what paints come out for it

Take a look on FlightSim. There are three Australian reg there, among plenty of others :encouragement:

AusWilko
January 13th, 2017, 03:47
Take a look on FlightSim. There are three Australian reg there, among plenty of others :encouragement:

Ah cool, cheers for the HU :applause:

falcon409
January 13th, 2017, 06:26
Anyone else have a completely uncontrollable airplane? Engine off, switches off, slew mode is the only way to keep it from flipping end over end and eventually jumping up to several thousand feet. If I set it back on the gears and release slew mode. . . .it starts all over again. This is in P3D V3.4

mikew
January 13th, 2017, 06:37
Yeah. It doesn't like P3Dv3.4 so far. I don't even get as far as you have Falcon. When I load the Pup I get an immediate crash situation on the runway or parking spot with the notice that the aircraft is overstressed.

Mike

falcon409
January 13th, 2017, 06:40
Yeah. It doesn't like P3Dv4 so far. I don't even get as far as you have Falcon. When I load the Pup I get an immediate crash situation on the runway or parking spot with the notice that the aircraft is over stressed.
Mike
Thanks Mike. Yea, I only got as far as I did because I have all that crash detection stuff turned off, lol.:encouragement:

mikew
January 13th, 2017, 06:46
It's a great looking plane and would like to use it but I don't use FSX much anymore at all. Falcon, thanks for pointing out that you had crash detection off. I was going to try that tonight when I got home.

Mike

papab
January 13th, 2017, 06:54
Anyone else have a completely uncontrollable airplane? Engine off, switches off, slew mode is the only way to keep it from flipping end over end and eventually jumping up to several thousand feet. If I set it back on the gears and release slew mode. . . .it starts all over again. This is in P3D V3.4
I have P3DV3.4.1 and it works fine

Rick

falcon409
January 13th, 2017, 06:57
I have P3DV3.4.1 and it works fine
Rick
Mine is V3.4.18.19475

robcarrich
January 13th, 2017, 07:01
P3D 3.4 version is now available from my website

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

RobR

falcon409
January 13th, 2017, 07:30
Thanks Rob. That did the trick. Nice little airplane, thank you for this.

robcarrich
January 13th, 2017, 07:34
Your more than welcome.

thunder100
January 13th, 2017, 08:09
Rob

Thanks a lot

That is a real ringer

Roland

mikew
January 13th, 2017, 08:21
Thanks Rob! Looking forward to this tonight.

Mike

Roger
January 13th, 2017, 17:12
There are loads of Peter's repaints at Flightsim.com.

Henry
January 13th, 2017, 19:23
good to see a quility freeware:applause:does it howl like my beagles?:mixed-smiley-027:thanks h

falcon409
January 14th, 2017, 03:57
Well, unfortunately it does not work in the latest version of P3D. I mentioned it earlier and Rob passed on a version that I thought had fixed it, however it does not. If all switches are off, the airplane is fine, turn on the Avionics and Battery switches still fine. . . .hit the start switch and it shoots to 20,000' while tumbling head over heels. Go with an autostart option and it does the same. Too bad.

CavOk
January 14th, 2017, 04:18
Well, unfortunately it does not work in the latest version of P3D. I mentioned it earlier and Rob passed on a version that I thought had fixed it, however it does not. If all switches are off, the airplane is fine, turn on the Avionics and Battery switches still fine. . . .hit the start switch and it shoots to 20,000' while tumbling head over heels. Go with an autostart option and it does the same. Too bad.

That's odd as I'm using V3.4 without issues.

falcon409
January 14th, 2017, 04:31
That's odd as I'm using V3.4 without issues.
Is it this version? V3.4.18.19475

falcon409
January 14th, 2017, 04:33
I even loaded Rob's Beagle Bassett and that one is fine....flying it right now. Not the Pup though.

dhasdell
January 14th, 2017, 04:47
I was wondering whether the rotating beacon switch was causing the somersaulting, but it doesn't always happen. I have seen it in both FSX and P3d, though.

CavOk
January 14th, 2017, 04:47
Is it this version? V3.4.18.19475

That's the one and the sim connect is version 3.4.0.0
I've just downloaded the P3D V from Robs web site and I can find no difference except there's now an extra repaint thrown in.

falcon409
January 14th, 2017, 04:49
That's the one and the sim connect is version 3.4.0.0
I've just downloaded the P3D V from Robs web site and I can find no difference except there's now an extra repaint thrown in.
Yep, it's the one he posted in this thread apparently, but it doesn't work for me. No idea why. . .it just doesn't. No idea what simconnect version I have, whatever was installed with this latest version I assume.

robcarrich
January 14th, 2017, 05:32
Try as I might I cant replicate the problems your having, my P3D is V3.4.18.19475.
How about re-naming your P3D cfg.file and let it rebuild, you can always delete the new file and re-name the old one back if that's not the problem.
Could be some other software affecting this aircraft

dhasdell
January 14th, 2017, 06:01
For what it's worth, my P3d is 3.4.14.18870.

falcon409
January 14th, 2017, 06:13
Try as I might I cant replicate the problems your having, my P3D is V3.4.18.19475.
How about re-naming your P3D cfg.file and let it rebuild, you can always delete the new file and re-name the old one back if that's not the problem.
Could be some other software affecting this aircraft
I went to your site again and downloaded the update. As far as I could tell (dates, file sizes, times, etc) it was the same one you posted a link to yesterday. Anyway, I deleted the one I had, installed this one. I was flying the Beagle Bassett at the time as I wanted to see if that airplane showed any signs of having a problem. . .it was fine. I landed, parked but left the engines running and switched to the Pup. Loaded fine, sitting there steady as a rock. Been fine ever since and I just completed a short flight from Provincetown (KPVC) to Cape Cod (1B2). It's a mystery, but for now it appears to be ok.

robcarrich
January 14th, 2017, 06:32
I went to your site again and downloaded the update. As far as I could tell (dates, file sizes, times, etc) it was the same one you posted a link to yesterday. Anyway, I deleted the one I had, installed this one. I was flying the Beagle Bassett at the time as I wanted to see if that airplane showed any signs of having a problem. . .it was fine. I landed, parked but left the engines running and switched to the Pup. Loaded fine, sitting there steady as a rock. Been fine ever since and I just completed a short flight from Provincetown (KPVC) to Cape Cod (1B2). It's a mystery, but for now it appears to be ok.

Great news, that's a bit of a relief for me, hope it stays that way!

mikew
January 14th, 2017, 07:17
I'm using the same version of P3D as Falcon. THe latest Pup version is fine for me. I flew it last night. I should add that I need to have aircraft stress switched off however. If aircraft stress is on in the realism options, the Pup overstresses immediately on loading.

Mike

Dev One
January 14th, 2017, 07:54
With Robs agreement I have just uploaded to FlightSim an update to the FDE which I hope brings this superb model nearer to reality.
Keith

nomad13
January 14th, 2017, 10:43
Nice airplane, fun to fly. Thanks for making it.

http://i.imgur.com/8pmkEFz.jpg

Dev One
January 16th, 2017, 05:56
Now available over at Flightsim

beagle_pup_fde_updatev1_0.zip

I hope that this brings its performance near to reality, as I found it over powered, & dimensions were not correct.

Superb modelling by Rob.

Keith

wombat666
January 16th, 2017, 21:48
Beagles? We have a small pack!
Great little dogs and your 'Beagle Pup' is very nice Rob.
:encouragement:

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1182x764q90/r/921/miiQ2c.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1488x805q90/r/921/AKMW5K.jpg

CavOk
January 17th, 2017, 02:41
Now available over at Flightsim

beagle_pup_fde_updatev1_0.zip

I hope that this brings its performance near to reality, as I found it over powered, & dimensions were not correct.

Superb modelling by Rob.

Keith
I must agree this is a superb free-ware model thank you to Rob.
As for performance I've flown this type and I find the pitch stability in this update to be a bit lively and therefore I've tweaked the Flight Tuning in the aircraft cfg back to
Pitch Stability = 2.0.
One other thing I can't see how the altimeter can be reset as there doesn't seem to be a calibration knob?

Once again nice one Rob keep um coming

Mike

Dev One
January 17th, 2017, 04:21
As for performance I've flown this type and I find the pitch stability in this update to be a bit lively and therefore I've tweaked the Flight Tuning in the aircraft cfg back to
Pitch Stability = 2.0.

Mike

Mike thank you that is where you have the advantage as I've never flown one, so good to have feedback from one who has. I thought it was a bit sluggish & slow to respond!
Keith

keithb77
January 17th, 2017, 13:52
Hi,
I'm testing this plane for use in FSEconomy (http://www.fseconomy.net/), it's a very nice looking plane but I find the mixture control doesn't work as expected.

Whatever the mixture setting or altitude the engine runs the same and burns around the same amount of fuel.
I don't have automixture set and have a wide variety of piston planes that require and reward correct use of mixture...

Do other people see this?
Have I misunderstood something?

Cheers
Keith

AussieMan
January 17th, 2017, 19:02
I have not installed the revised FDE as I have downloaded the version for P3D V3.4. The one thing that did concern me was the idle speed when the engine was running and sitting on the tarmac. Most of my aircraft by default (warbirds and airliners included) had an average idle speed of 750RPM. I have made a change that gets me that idle speed. I have included it below:

[piston_engine]
power_scalar = 1.3 //Piston power scalar
cylinder_displacement= 90.3 //Cubic inches per cylinder
compression_ratio= 8.5 //Compression ratio
number_of_cylinders=4 //Number of cylinders
max_rated_rpm= 3500 //Max rated RPM
max_rated_hp= 160 //Max rated HP
fuel_metering_type= 2 //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carburetor, 2=Aerobatic Carburetor
cooling_type= 0 //0=Cooling type Air, 1=Cooling type Liquid
normalized_starter_torque= 0.3 //Starter torque factor
turbocharged= 0 //Is it turbocharged? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_design_mp= 35 //Max design manifold pressure, (inHg)
min_design_mp= 15 //Min design manifold pressure, (inHg)
critical_altitude= 0 //Altitude to which the turbocharger will provide max design manifold pressure (feet)
emergency_boost_type= 0 //0=None, 1=Water Injection, 2=Methanol/Water injection, 3=War Emergency Power
emergency_boost_mp_offset= 0 //Additional manifold pressure supplied by emergency boost
emergency_boost_gain_offset= 0 //Multiplier on manifold pressure due to emergency boost
fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1 //Automixture available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
auto_ignition= 1 //Auto-Ignition available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on maximum RPM mechanical efficiency
//idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on idle RPM mechanical efficiency
idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= .75
max_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on maximum RPM friction
idle_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on idle RPM friction

CavOk
January 17th, 2017, 23:56
I've just noticed that shift+e opens the pilots door in the VC but it doesn't show in other views. Similarly the passenger door although it needs shift+3.
Mike

dhasdell
January 18th, 2017, 00:39
I've just noticed that shift+e opens the pilots door in the VC but it doesn't show in other views. Similarly the passenger door although it needs shift+3.

I think this varies depending on which download version you are using, as do the animations for the parking brake and fuel on/off.

CavOk
January 18th, 2017, 08:00
I think this varies depending on which download version you are using, as do the animations for the parking brake and fuel on/off.

Spot on so I've changed the model folder back to the original as I'm using the P3D version. Annimations now show.
Thanks
Mike

keithb77
January 18th, 2017, 10:09
Hi,
I'm testing this plane for use in FSEconomy (http://www.fseconomy.net/), it's a very nice looking plane but I find the mixture control doesn't work as expected.

Whatever the mixture setting or altitude the engine runs the same and burns around the same amount of fuel.
I don't have automixture set and have a wide variety of piston planes that require and reward correct use of mixture...

So my problem was
fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1
which I thought meant automixture was allowed, but actually it forces automixture on - changing the value to 0 restores the function of the mixture lever :)

BTW, if you are using the original aircraft.cfg you should at least set max_rated_rpm=2700

Cheers
Keith

Dev One
January 18th, 2017, 13:07
BTW, if you are using the original aircraft.cfg you should at least set max_rated_rpm=2700

Cheers
Keith

Not as easy as that, hence my attempt at putting it right!
Keith (the other one)

keithb77
January 18th, 2017, 13:16
Not as easy as that, hence my attempt at putting it right!
Keith (the other one)

Agreed, but it's a start...
I'm using your changes (with automixture=0) with the updated P3D Pup, seems fine so far to me.
Cheers
Keith

Dev One
January 18th, 2017, 22:46
Thank You Keithb77 - I had not noticed that it was set to =1 & must check next time I use someone elses config file, my normal base one is set =0.
Keith