PDA

View Full Version : Installing Donationware Hellcat -- gauges?

dswo
February 8th, 2009, 12:29
I purchased the Donationware Hellcat a few days ago, and I'm trying to move it into FSX. So far as I can tell, the installer didn't put any gauges in. Panel.cfg refers to gauge file F4F4_Wildcat and F4U1A_Corsair. Where should I find them?

harleyman
February 8th, 2009, 14:58
Sorry...I just saw this....Are you still needing help?

I'll see what I can come up with an answer for you...

Sorry for any delay ....

dswo
February 8th, 2009, 15:09
I already had the Corsair and Hellcat gauges from the Donationware Dauntless. I added those, with the Concord gauge, to the Corsair and Hellcat folders. But there still seem to be some missing gauges on both panels (Hellcat and Corsair).

Gramps
February 8th, 2009, 15:37
I'm not sure what Hellcat you're talkin about

There's Donationware Wildcat but no Hellcat.

Seems like osme of the older gauges won't work in fsx ( could be totally wrong here) so ya might have to find a replacement for the missin ones from a fsx stock plane. I haven't messed with fsx in a long time, so can't remember to much about it

dswo
February 8th, 2009, 16:34
There's Donationware Wildcat but no Hellcat.

Sorry about that -- for some reason I can't get the word "Hellcat" out of my brain. Even when I was starting this reply, I started typing "Hellcat" again.

Henry
February 8th, 2009, 16:39
all the gauges with the exception of the Cessna
gauges work
what ones are you missing?
look in the panel cfg and let me know
H

dswo
February 8th, 2009, 16:50
what ones are you missing?
look in the panel cfg and let me know

After borrowing f4f4_wildcat.gau and f4u1a_corsair from my Dauntless, I am still missing these in the Wildcat VC:

gauge06=Hurricane_1!Attitude, 313,153,174,152
gauge07=P47d!Heading_Indicator, 472,479,175,212
gauge08=p51d!Fuel, 321,-9,160

and these in the Corsair VC:

gauge15=f6f3_hellcat!Compass, 100,300,100,100
gauge00=f6f3_hellcat!Clock, 4,-5,250,249

Tom Clayton
February 8th, 2009, 18:26
Those gauges included with FS9 by default. If you have FS9 installed, you sould find them in that gage folder as long as you haven't used a gauge cleaner app to delete them. I believe they were originally CFS2 gauges. Whether they'll work in FSX, I couldn't say.

dswo
February 8th, 2009, 18:34
Those gauges included with FS9 by default. If you have FS9 installed, you sould find them in that gage folder as long as you haven't used a gauge cleaner app to delete them. I believe they were originally CFS2 gauges. Whether they'll work in FSX, I couldn't say.

:faint:

They're all there, Tom. Thank you. I'll move 'em over to FSX and see how they fare.

Tom Clayton
February 8th, 2009, 18:48
Yikes! I really need to proof-read my typing!:173go1:

Moparmike
February 9th, 2009, 05:34
The Hurricane_1.gau, p47d.gau, & p51d.gau are CFS1 gauges and the F6f3_hellcat.gau is a CFS2 gauge. They are still included with FS9, and do work in FSX when you manually copy them over.

Concorde.gau is an FS2000 gauge that is still included with FS9...I don't remember if it is still included with FSX or not. That's another one that folks frequently find missing.

In FSX, the only gauges that don't work anymore are the old FS98-style gauges.
In the donationware Wildcat on some of the pop-up windows, these will be some of the old Chuck Dome FS98 GPS100 gauges and also military.chronometer.gau. These gauges aren't included with the download package so you'll probably not even notice they are missing.

If you're still missing some gauges from the VC or main panel, post back here and we'll get ya set up with em.