PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful C-54 Book

ColoKent
January 10th, 2017, 21:01
All,

With the recent news that Manfred John will be working a C-54, I purchased a WONDERFUL book on the C-54. It is the latest in the WARPINT Series (#109), and is by Charles Stafrace. High price at ~$35 for a softcover, but great narrative and TONS of good pics.

Kent

marijn
January 10th, 2017, 22:47
Is Manfred Jahn doing a C-54 as well? The only one I am aware of at the moment is by Flight-Replicas. As a spin-off from there Canadair Dc-4M Northstar / Argonaut...that one is looking amazing and if it's just as good as the Northstar it will be a must have.

paulopp
January 11th, 2017, 04:19
Wait a minute! Did Manfred really announce the making of a C-54? Where can I confirm that?

mjahn
January 11th, 2017, 04:41
Right here and I am not making one. You are thinking of Mike Cyul, see his NorthStar/Argonaut thread.

Bjoern
January 11th, 2017, 09:16
The DC-4/C-54 for some reason never struck my as particularly interesting. Luftbrücke, North Star and Ernie G.'s tales aside, at it was little more than a four-engined DC-3. The upgauged, pressurized version, however...

marijn
January 11th, 2017, 12:55
Then you should feel right at home in Flight-replicas Northstar, a pressurized and merlin engined dc-6 disguised as a dc-4 :untroubled:

ColoKent
January 11th, 2017, 17:07
Right here and I am not making one. You are thinking of Mike Cyul, see his NorthStar/Argonaut thread.

Manfred and Mike....my apologies-- I must be losing it. Somehow I got messed up! Sorry for any confusion. I certainly didn't mean to spread misinformation, that's for sure....:dizzy:

Regards,

Kent