PDA

View Full Version : Hackers and spammers Pop-ups on the forum?

Motormouse
January 9th, 2017, 02:30
Hi chaps,

Don't know if you are aware, but every forum click is generating unsavoury ad pop-ups; some of which are definitely not for minors.

ttfn

Pete

UncleTgt
January 9th, 2017, 03:02
I'm seeing the same activity

IE11, WIN 7 Professional

OK writing this this my Blackberry.

Will try Googl Chrome next.

scotth6
January 9th, 2017, 03:36
Chrome also shows the problem. It sometimes freezes on SOH with nothing happening when I click a link or forum menu. Most clicks will generate some external tab opening. Been happening since this afternoon.

scotth6
January 9th, 2017, 03:39
The freezing issue seems to relate to right mouse click. I usually use that to open a link in a new tab, but that seems to be not currently working on SOH. A left click will usually open a new spam tab.

Mongrels!

Quicksand
January 9th, 2017, 03:46
I am encountering the pop-ups and spam pages with every attempt to navigate the site. I'm using Chrome on an android phone.

Montie
January 9th, 2017, 04:51
I got the same issue on my iPad.

Rami
January 9th, 2017, 05:30
Good morning,

This has been passed onto the Admins. Hang tight...

scotth6
January 9th, 2017, 05:49
I forgot to mention in my earlier posts that I am encountering these issues on my PC, Win 7 64 bit. I haven't tried on my phone. The last bout of hacks (that I know of) which left the ads/banners at the bottom of the screen only affected my phone, and was fixed by turning off java script. I haven't enabled that since.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/103563-OT-Flight-Simulator-sponsored-ads-popping-up-here

scotth6
January 9th, 2017, 05:57
I just tried an experiment. Turned Java off on my PC through Control Panel, and now the ads/spam "seem" to have disappeared. I still have the issue of the right mouse click not working some of the time. Usually I right click on a link, and open the link in a new tab. This will work sometimes, but it is not working very often. A left click on a link will send me to what I am clicking on, opening it in the same tab that was open.

Edit: Right mouse click seems to be working again now. Not sure how consistent it will be.

Edit 2: Right mouse click is still failing intermittently.

I still haven't had another ad pop up since disabling Java.

Dev One
January 9th, 2017, 06:14
Not showing with me using Opera - but then I do have ad blocker enabled. Top bar showing 8 ads blocked. W8.1 pro.
Keith

stovall
January 9th, 2017, 06:28
Definitely a know problem. Those in the know are working on the problem as I type. Thanks for the heads up. Surf carefully.

PRB
January 9th, 2017, 06:41
I cleaned it from the server side for now. Clean out your browser cache completely ASAP.

Motormouse
January 9th, 2017, 08:48
Thanks admins,

Seems to have stopped now.

ttfn

Pete

Crusader
January 9th, 2017, 11:43
Thanks Admin ! I start getting withdraw at the slightest downtime :jump:

Rich

sixstrings5859
January 22nd, 2017, 00:53
No problem here.I do have symptoms of depression if i can't get in (when i get the server too busy come back later message) and have a panic attack too. :dizzy: