PDA

View Full Version : Discovered the love of flying again

tgycgijoes
December 31st, 2016, 17:32
I have just been lurking here and flying whatever I felt like. I even did a stint with FS Captain here the past week or so being down with a bad cold and nothing else to do. Happy New Year to ya all. I don't know if I saw a comment here or somewhere else about the BBC show SHETLAND which just went on hiatus. The scenery is really cool as is their Q400 back and forth to Glasgow so I flew that for a week or two in UK2000/scotland scenery. You can only do that for a while before it becomes without a real goal.

Yesterday evening, I installed Dave Eckert's fantastic Stearman N2S5 Navy trainer and a partner (same a/c different paint) which I had in FS9 and been playing around with it all day. Installed FSRecorder; flew around with my virtual wingman. Then loaded a cross-country flight from Odell Williamson Airport (my real home field) to Fayetteville in NC. Updated the cockpit adding and swapping some gauges so that it is up to date FAA wise. My scenery is MegasceneryEarth North Carolina and following my route in BSSMM sectional is awesome right down to the cars and semi's on the "four-lanes). It is just too cool again to fly over the ground at 80 knots or so and 1000 feet. Here's the photos and thanks for letting me ramble while my plane is being refueled for the next leg to Raleigh/Durham.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45788&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45789&stc=1

b52bob
January 1st, 2017, 06:44
Sometimes you get too focused on tweaking and installing new payware or freeware and never get back to flying. Sometimes you have to take it low and slow and just marvel at the beauty of what the sim provides us. It's fun also to start your own package delivery service and hop around small airports and see the sights along the way. Lots of fun things to do.

The object of our sim is to have fun!

Bob