PDA

View Full Version : Paint request?

Navy Chief
December 28th, 2016, 08:19
I happened upon a picture of a F-4E, with the 181st TFG, based at Hulman Field, Terre Haute, IN. I was with them only a brief time in the late 1970s. At the time they were transitioning to Phantoms from F-100s. They sent me to USAF Egress Mech school at Chanute AFB. Not long after that I went back on active duty with the USN.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45722&stc=1

falcon409
December 28th, 2016, 08:25
Chanute was where I did my Egress Training too. Graduated in August of 66' and a month later I was at Wheelus AFB in Libya for two years on the F-100C/F models.

Duckie
December 28th, 2016, 08:34
Hey, I don't suppose either of you guys ever ran into a guy, Tim (Steve) Bynum, a USAF F-4 and later F-15 egress tech? I knew him from high school and later worked with him for about 10 years. I Know, that USN and USAF are huge (uuuuuge) organizations. Just curious.

Steve

falcon409
December 28th, 2016, 08:50
Hey, I don't suppose either of you guys ever ran into a guy, Tim (Steve) Bynum, a USAF F-4 and later F-15 egress tech? I knew him from high school and later worked with him for about 10 years. I Know, that USN and USAF are huge (uuuuuge) organizations. Just curious.
Steve
Steve I worked the 100's for those first two years, then to Perrin AFB, Texas with 102's for the rest of my Active time. It was 16yrs (1986) before I hooked up again as a Reservist at Carswell on the F-4 until 91' when we finally got the F-16's. Lots of Egress folks in that time but that name isn't familiar. I did work with some guys at Al Jaber (Kuwait) in 2001 that were from Mountain Home (F-15's), not sure if he would have still been in at that time though.

Duckie
December 28th, 2016, 08:56
Steve I worked the 100's for those first two years, then to Perrin AFB, Texas with 102's for the rest of my Active time. It was 16yrs (1986) before I hooked up again as a Reservist at Carswell on the F-4 until 91' when we finally got the F-16's. Lots of Egress folks in that time but that name isn't familiar. I did work with some guys at Al Jaber (Kuwait) in 2001 that were from Mountain Home (F-15's), not sure if he would have still been in at that time though.

Thanks, Ed. I knew it would be remote that you would have run into him. I believe, IIRC, after training he spent much of his time at Luke. I haven't spoken to him since I retired. He could really spin a yarn about his experiences. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Steve