PDA

View Full Version : VRS Hornet And SE

Tom Burnside
December 24th, 2016, 10:23
So I have just bought this from the JuatFlight website and it says that I need TacPack in order to install it into SE. Is there a way I can do this without TacPack.

DaveB
December 24th, 2016, 10:36
No idea Tom. There are 2 VRS Superbug versions.. non-Tackpack and Tackpack. If you don't have Tackpack.. you buy the non-TP version. If you then buy TP.. you can download the current TP version Superbug. Never heard that you have to have TP in order to install the Superbug into SE. Doesn't seem right somehow.

ATB
DaveB:)

Tom Burnside
December 24th, 2016, 10:41
This is what I get when I run the installer and select the path.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45643&stc=1

DaveB
December 24th, 2016, 11:02
Just had a look on the Just Flight website and found this under the system requirements..

Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration or Gold required) or FSX: Steam Edition (please note that TacPack must be installed for this add-on to work in FSX: Steam Edition)

If you don't have TP Tom.. I'd be inclined to drop JF a support ticket explaining that you didn't see the TP requirement for SE and could you have a refund. The only other option is to buy TacPack.

ATB

Tom Burnside
December 24th, 2016, 11:14
Thats disappointing as I was really looking forward to this one. Refund its going to have to be but on the plus side (If I can get the refund) its more money to put towards A2As Conny.

DaveB
December 24th, 2016, 11:52
I doubt very much you'll actually get cash back Tom. What they usually do is give credits for the amount of the refund so when the Connie appears at JF.. you'll have what you paid for the Hornet in credit toward it (like when you earn points for everything you buy).

ATB

Cees Donker
December 24th, 2016, 12:10
JF is a firm with a great customer service and cash back for a refund. Will take a few days.

Cees

Tom Burnside
December 24th, 2016, 12:23
JF is a firm with a great customer service and cash back for a refund. Will take a few days.

Cees

Thank you.

Dimus
December 24th, 2016, 13:03
I fully understand the budget issue, however Tacpack will let you enjoy a multitude of other addons that use it to simulate weapons and systems like Radar etc. Unless of course you are not interested at all in such functionalities.

BrittMac
December 24th, 2016, 15:34
I agree that you should get Tacpack. More and more aircraft are created with it enabled, and there are threads on how to do it yourself.

If you really don't want Tacpack, see if JF will swap versions of the Superbug with you. It's very nice.

PhantomTweak
December 24th, 2016, 21:41
If you want a truly amazing Hornet, that functions amazingly well with or without TP, you might take a look at the FSDT FSX Blue Angel's v16.1 F/A-18C. From comments I've read, and I am NOT a Hornet driver, but there are a number of real world hornet drivers on the beta team, and they say it is the best, bar none, in the sim world. Both the FDE and the FCS are unparalleled It was made by the same folks who made the original default F-18 for FSX Acceleration, but it's vastly improved. I can post a direct link to it, or to it's 95 page thread on the FSDT forums, if you like.
Just a thought, if you can't load up the VRS bird, but want an '18 to burn holes in the sky with :D
Pat☺

Tom Burnside
December 25th, 2016, 11:53
If you want a truly amazing Hornet, that functions amazingly well with or without TP, you might take a look at the FSDT FSX Blue Angel's v16.1 F/A-18C. From comments I've read, and I am NOT a Hornet driver, but there are a number of real world hornet drivers on the beta team, and they say it is the best, bar none, in the sim world. Both the FDE and the FCS are unparalleled It was made by the same folks who made the original default F-18 for FSX Acceleration, but it's vastly improved. I can post a direct link to it, or to it's 95 page thread on the FSDT forums, if you like.
Just a thought, if you can't load up the VRS bird, but want an '18 to burn holes in the sky with :D
Pat☺

That would be brilliant thank you.

PhantomTweak
December 25th, 2016, 22:10
It's thread in the FSDT forums can be found here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.0.html , and the latest download for it can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZVU1jaVUtTXZIVVU/view .
It has an autoinstaller, which I normally distrust greatly, but this one works great. You must install the Base version, as it has the panel, models and most of the textures in it. Then you can select whatever "loadouts" you want. A-A, A_G, Training and so on. I use the Training mostly. It has a centerline tank, which gives me time to go up and do ACM maneuvers for a while, then I can come down and load up a carrier in AICarriers.NET, launch vLSO, and do CQ to my heart's content :) Each individual loadout's weight and drag have been adjusted to be correct for it's configuration. Bombs have more drag than missiles, and weigh a lot more, etc etc. It took Jimi and the rest a while, but they got it right. I was fortunate enough to be able to contribute in some small ways.
It will also load the correct .NET Release for the FCS to use, for you. It take a little while and may look like it's locked up, but just let it run. It'll work right.
You can go back later, should you desire, and load up more, different loadouts. Just run the installer again, and select them, it will take care of the rest :)
The FSDT forums also have thread for AICarriers.NET, a newer version Mr. Orion of the FSDT fame wrote, using the .NET framework, rather than the JAVA software. It seems to work, in my opinion, much better, and uses much less in the way of computer resources than the original, Java based version. It's functionality is identical to the original, and all the various ships and config files work in both the same way as well. Orion, BTW, did a lot of the programming for the FCS and gauge files used in this bird.
There is also a very good thread for problems with vLSO, should you encounter them. It also has a link, in Paddles sig, for the download site for it and various sceneries specifically designed to work with it. I am of the firm opinion that paddles wrote in a special "hate Pat" module. I swear, those AI LSO's have it in for me...

Anyway, enjoy it! I know I sure do.
Pat☺

Tom Burnside
December 26th, 2016, 02:13
It's thread in the FSDT forums can be found here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.0.html , and the latest download for it can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZVU1jaVUtTXZIVVU/view .
It has an autoinstaller, which I normally distrust greatly, but this one works great. You must install the Base version, as it has the panel, models and most of the textures in it. Then you can select whatever "loadouts" you want. A-A, A_G, Training and so on. I use the Training mostly. It has a centerline tank, which gives me time to go up and do ACM maneuvers for a while, then I can come down and load up a carrier in AICarriers.NET, launch vLSO, and do CQ to my heart's content :) Each individual loadout's weight and drag have been adjusted to be correct for it's configuration. Bombs have more drag than missiles, and weigh a lot more, etc etc. It took Jimi and the rest a while, but they got it right. I was fortunate enough to be able to contribute in some small ways.
It will also load the correct .NET Release for the FCS to use, for you. It take a little while and may look like it's locked up, but just let it run. It'll work right.
You can go back later, should you desire, and load up more, different loadouts. Just run the installer again, and select them, it will take care of the rest :)
The FSDT forums also have thread for AICarriers.NET, a newer version Mr. Orion of the FSDT fame wrote, using the .NET framework, rather than the JAVA software. It seems to work, in my opinion, much better, and uses much less in the way of computer resources than the original, Java based version. It's functionality is identical to the original, and all the various ships and config files work in both the same way as well. Orion, BTW, did a lot of the programming for the FCS and gauge files used in this bird.
There is also a very good thread for problems with vLSO, should you encounter them. It also has a link, in Paddles sig, for the download site for it and various sceneries specifically designed to work with it. I am of the firm opinion that paddles wrote in a special "hate Pat" module. I swear, those AI LSO's have it in for me...

Anyway, enjoy it! I know I sure do.
Pat☺

Thank you.

PhantomTweak
December 26th, 2016, 11:23
My pleasure :)
Pat☺