PDA

View Full Version : P-51 "detroit miss" problem....

Fibber
December 20th, 2016, 11:43
...going through the mess that my file system had become I found a P-51 "Detroit Miss" by Steve Gandy that I had apparently obtained eons ago. Now the problem with this is that the tires show as no tex, meaning absence of any color. The tex name is P61pt108. When I run the plane through the BXTbmp utility I get a CTD when I try to open this tex.
Anyone else ever experience this, what would be a good substitute\remedy for the tex, besides not using the plane at all?.

kwb737
December 20th, 2016, 13:55
...going through the mess that my file system had become I found a P-51 "Detroit Miss" by Steve Gandy that I had apparently obtained eons ago. Now the problem with this is that the tires show as no tex, meaning absence of any color. The tex name is P61pt108. When I run the plane through the BXTbmp utility I get a CTD when I try to open this tex.
Anyone else ever experience this, what would be a good substitute\remedy for the tex, besides not using the plane at all?.

I just downloaded and installed it from Simviation and the tires look black and ok.

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Aircraft-83-48

Fibber
December 20th, 2016, 15:16
...I guess the gremlins stuck again!! Removed the old plane, reinstalled the same download as you pointed to, and still had no go on the tires. Just used your link now and suddenly now I have tires!:dizzy: Thanks.:encouragement:
You wouldn't happen to have a better prop for it do you?:wink:

kwb737
December 20th, 2016, 15:33
...I guess the gremlins stuck again!! Removed the old plane, reinstalled the same download as you pointed to, and still had no go on the tires. Just used your link now and suddenly now I have tires!:dizzy: Thanks.:encouragement:
You wouldn't happen to have a better prop for it do you?:wink:

I'm glad it's showing now for you. No I'm sorry on the prop. Maybe one of our other members.