PDA

View Full Version : Major Changes to the Future Of Cr1-software Ltd.

Thomas@Cr1-Software
December 17th, 2016, 16:59
Hello All.

It’s been 18 years of good times and many add-ons have crossed my desk to your virtual skies. I have built many add-ons over the years starting with fs98 and Cfs 1 (Combat Flight Simulator 1) on up into the Fsx. I have …unknown to many, assisted in many of the top add-ons on the market today right up to just last month and a upcoming big release for a commercial vendor.
But as we all know things change with time.
I have been offered a very good position with a very well-known Russian game design firm that specializes in flight simulation. Upon accepting this long-term position, I cannot be in a conflict of interest. Right now, that is indeed the position I am in with my commercial enterprise Cr1-Software.ltd & www.cr1-software.com (http://www.cr1-software.com)
So… in saying this, preparations are being planned to turn over to you …the flight sim community, all of my commercial add-ons for freeware distribution. This will release me from all other contractional agreements that were previously entered that have now expired. Although the future will hold great things for Cr1-Software with its new outlook and path that is set before it – it will still be a commercial vendor. But now it is tied closely in its relationship with a much larger firm and the new add-ons to come will still be commercial and shared by both firms. This allows me to go deeper with unlimited resources into my developments and at the same time with these projects gain greater advantages for both firms.

I will announce to all when all the present commercial add-ons presently on the cr1-software web site will go to freeware permanently.
I wish to thank all for your support over the long years we have had great privilege to serve you. We will continue our work in striving to push the limits of our flight simulation research with the new DO 335 that will be released under the new partnership. Be assured this one add-on (Do 335) will change the way flight sim add-ons are designed and delivered to the end user forever and it will set a new bar for all to meet. With the new relationship, I have and the resources that are available to me and I can now finally do this.

To all- Let the Good Times Fly!

Thomas J Wood (Crashwoody)
Lead designer/ Principle Officer/Founder.
Cr1-Software.Ltd - Simtech Flight Design .Ltd
www.cr1-software.com

mgchrist5
December 17th, 2016, 19:11
Thomas,
Best of luck in your new endeavour, and many thanks for your generous decision to release everything as freeware!

I greatly enjoyed your Tri-Motor over the years, and look forward to the new Dornier...and whatever else comes down the pike. It's always exciting when developers tackle such "non-traditional" aircraft.

Take care, and happy holidays.

ryapad
December 17th, 2016, 20:27
Good luck at the new firm! Also very nice of you to release your already inexpensive models as freeware! I can see hours of enjoyment flying one of your well crafted aircraft for FS.
Best of luck,
Ryan

Yossarian1943
December 17th, 2016, 21:13
My best wishes for you. Have a great time!:wavey:

dhasdell
December 17th, 2016, 22:11
The very best of luck to you. Your Aeronca remains a very firm favourite of mine for pottering around Orbx PNW and, with a Peter Watkins UK repaint, Orbx England.

Stickshaker
December 18th, 2016, 01:42
Best of luck, Thomas. I hope this move will see your career take off. Thank you for your contributions to the community and I am eagerly looking forward to your Do-335.
Best regards,
Stickshaker

joe bob
December 18th, 2016, 06:35
Sounds good Tom, best of luck

Thomas@Cr1-Software
December 18th, 2016, 12:51
interesting thing is that the do 335 for fsx and prepared 3d is finished and its insane already. I was going to release it in feb 2017.
But now its back in development and going under the knife again and going even deeper in its development.

The addons should be out by mid week next week.

T.Wood/Crashwoody

fsxar177
December 18th, 2016, 15:53
Been holding my breath for that 335 for a while. It's going to be incredible! Nothing wrong with going under the knife...

Slim Pickins
December 19th, 2016, 12:10
Been beta testing for Tom for 10 years.
I was just getting ready to do a big youtube pre release review on this insane Do335 then I got word it's back in development. Lol!

I thought it was crazy awesome already and now it's getting more? Holy. Well I can tell you all its a stunner and mega featured already...especially the racer.
I never thought 9 million polies could fly so smoothly but some how Cr1 managed to get it running as smooth as silk.

Good on you Tom about the free ware.

Slim Pickins

Penzoil3
December 20th, 2016, 16:50
Yeah well, IN THE MEANTIME!! How about a download link. Purchased yesterday, no response to email.

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx,

You sent a payment of $3.00 USD to Thomas Wood
(info@cr1-software.com)

<tbody>

</tbody>

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

<tbody>
Merchant
Thomas Wood
info@cr1-software.com
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

</tbody>

<tbody>
Description
Unit price
Qty
Amount