PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G940 Throttle issue

Swanny
December 16th, 2016, 18:45
Hi all, New Joiner to SOH but not to FSX, however the essay you will read below is a problem I have never encountered before and i'm hoping that someone who has a G940 maybe able to assist or for any veteran out there can give some advice, and yes I have thought about getting rid of my setup for a more (dare I say) reputable hardware choice.

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me with the following issue.
I have had the G940 for a few years now and with FSX on a win7 pc, everything was fine.
It was then retired for about 18 months due to work commitments but now i have time to get back into the world of flight sim.
I have since upgraded to win10, then 6 months later purchased FSX-SE. I've put in the win10 drivers for the G940.
Calibrated and ensured all buttons and axis work. Then fired up FSX-SE and gone through all the motions with regards to setting up buttons for commands. I go to control axis and set up the rudder/toe brakes, joystick sensitivity and deadzones with no issues.
This is where it gets silly. My problem is this, as soon as i go to select the throttle axis and move the throttle to register, it sounds like it is disconnecting/reconnecting a USB device. After that i have major scrolling issues with whatever i have on screen. e.g. If i go to a website, the screen scrolls all the way to the bottom, if i try to access the top shortcut on my desktop, it will start the last/lower shortcut i have on screen. When i disconnect the G940 from my PC, i can scroll or access websites with no problem, until of course i need to type something in a searchbar and the number 3 fills it to infinity. Number lock is off and it still happens. There are no issues with my keyboard. The only way to then stop this is to restart my PC.
I have done this quite a few times in order to try, try and try again. There are no pins bent/broken in the throttle connector and all buttons light up as they should when plugged in. I am now at my wits end as to what it might be, so i am asking for anyones help and advice. I have also contacted Logitech support but I fear I maybe waiting a while for a response, (past experience).

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Jafo
December 16th, 2016, 19:15
Step 1 ....connect to a different USB port.
I'm betting it's a win 10 driver issue for either the throttle...or the USB....or both.

Swanny
December 20th, 2016, 15:03
update on scenario. Got the throttle to respond. By pure accident I switched the mode button to mode 2, chose a different usb port and now it works. Just got to get the settings right (which may be a while) and i'll be good to go. For some reason in mode 1 the pc doesn't recognise it at all and as for mode 3, I haven't a clue what it does there. Still, getting there which is the main thing.

Many thanks.

Jafo
December 20th, 2016, 15:13
USB ports are supposed to be plug-and-play ...but often don't.
Always try another port if/when you have issues with something plugged in.... and always avoid hubs as they can often introduce their own 'driver' config issues...;)