PDA

View Full Version : Irritating error driving me nuts.

Naismith
December 15th, 2016, 13:05
Problem - Saitek X52 joystick - one button not working in the sim (FSX). It is the pinky button which I use for Parking Brakes.
It will not register under the regular controls nor is it recognized under FSUIPC.

All other buttons work just fine & dandy.

It cannot be the stick as it registers with the PC under Control Panel, and it works in FSX Steam edition and FS2004. Also works in DCS, Il2 & Falcon BMS.

I have tried various things, renamed the Controls files within AppData and let them rebuild. Searched DLL.XMl and EXE.XML and can find no reference which may interfere.

Occasionally it seems also that use of the button in FSX even though it does not register, it seems to crash the sim (though that might just be coincidental)

Never experienced this before and no idea what may be causing it as I have not added anything to the sim for a while.

Anyone have any ideas?

I really do not want to have to rebuild the sim (again!) nor build up FSXSE.

Dangerousdave26
December 15th, 2016, 15:24
Opps read better you tried that. LOL

Naismith
December 16th, 2016, 00:55
Thanks Dave I got your pre edited e-mail - as of now I have dug out from the garage my old & hardly used Logitech G 940 which I hate which at least works as intended (ignoring the inherent fluttering that it came with and they never really solved). Perhaps Santa will be nice to me this year. :biggrin-new: