PDA

View Full Version : Is FSX SE dead or is it Steam?

Willy
December 14th, 2016, 08:01
Win 10 did a major update last night and now FSX SE isn't wanting to play nice at all. Steam says I'm on the wrong account (I've only got the one) and FSX will load, but will not load a flight. On the bright side, I've suspected all along that Steam was mucking around with my old FS9 install (GW3 only seemed to be minimally afflicted) and since Steam isn't doing it's thing, now FS9 is working great.

Late last night, I did get FSX to flying once. But not since.

Anyone else run into this?

pfflyers
December 14th, 2016, 09:15
It might be a Win10 issue.

I'm still on XP and FSX-SE is working normally for me.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

manfredc3
December 14th, 2016, 09:18
My Windows 10 updated last Saturday, and I noticed that the Steam login windows did not load automatically after that.

I have not loaded FSX-SE yet. Will have to check it out tonight.

Willy
December 14th, 2016, 10:11
SE was running fine until after the update last night. From the way I've got it figured (probably wrong), FSX SE requires Steam be active to run. If Steam isn't doing it's thing, then FSX SE won't either. And I'm thinking the new Win 10 update just body slammed Steam for me.

The Win 10 update last night took a few restarts before I could get anything up and going.

Willy
December 14th, 2016, 10:13
It might be a Win10 issue.

I'm still on XP and FSX-SE is working normally for me.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

Admittedly, I only left XP kicking and screaming. Every Win OS since then has been a further step backwards as far as I'm concerned. (starting with XP64)

PhantomTweak
December 14th, 2016, 11:08
SE was running fine until after the update last night.
Quick, simple, answer: get rid of the update that caused the problem. Longer, more complex, answer: do a system restore to the previous day, week, whatever. Back before the problem showed up. Kinda like time travel for the computer...
I know, not super helpful, buuuuut...
Pat☺

txnetcop
December 14th, 2016, 13:28
I have an older unit so when I started have memory issues I couldn't fix on Win10 updates or application issues I had no answer for I went back to Windows 7 64 bit with Steam and haven't had one problem since.

gavinc
December 15th, 2016, 00:59
Hi,
Just installed the latest updates for Win 10 and fired up Steam. Seemed to work ok. It may have chugged a bit (hard to tell on my system as it is clogged up with lots of AI that slow the load) but came up and loaded a flight.

Maybe try again.

Gavin

Ickie
December 15th, 2016, 01:30
I just updated win 10 yesterday and just flew 1 minute ago and use steam, and all was fine. I flew the p-40

Hanimichal
December 17th, 2016, 03:03
Everyone I know the ones who bought a notebook with windows 10, they formatted and installed windows 7
Windows 10 become the most annoying of all windows I know