PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft skins not clear

highpockets
December 12th, 2016, 12:52
I have attached 4 screen shots of aircraft- 2 from CBI and 2 from ETO. Note the P-40 especially insignias are not clear. All the other a/c seem to be somewhat varylng in detail - or is it my eyes? The display settings in each theater are all set the same.
Am I expecting too much? When I see the beautiful models posted, I want all my a/c to look like those. :applause: I had a discussion with someone once upon a time regarding changing the bitmap(or sometehing like that), I think of an aircraft. I did it and remember the results were what I was looking for. Now I cannot find the thread or the printout I made:banghead:

oldwheat
December 12th, 2016, 13:53
Setting your game to a higher resolution should fix the problem.

Fibber
December 12th, 2016, 13:58
my suggestion is to get the DXTBMP utility program and process the planes textures with it. Save the texture as 565 16 bit with no mipmaps. I one had the instructions by TR but will have to look for them now. So the previous procedure is by memory. Process all texs and they should clear up.

Fibber
December 12th, 2016, 14:18
:wavey: Go here to refresh your memory... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?85134-Fuzzy-textures

highpockets
December 12th, 2016, 16:28
That's it!:jump:Thanks
Now to just save it and not lose it again.:wavey: