PDA

View Full Version : Question For Dog1

Ghostrider
February 7th, 2009, 19:11
Hey Dog1, Can you please elaborate on this? Where do these folders need to go?

"Organizing your folders:open a folder called Dog1’s sceneries and then open one more folder per scenery and insert in them all the dedicated object folders such as personnel, static aircraft, skins, ships etc.This will help in avoiding the 100 plane limit and in managing your sceneries."

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Ghostrider

dog1
February 7th, 2009, 19:28
Ghostrider

this is for beginners in CFS2 to avoid getting confused with ever increasing numbers of aircrafts,ships,objects,sceneries etc etc many have no clue about limitations and how to organize their folders.My cfs2 pacific folder is 3.5 gig of stuff!!!!that is why moderates recently have been making life easier taking on the tedious job of acting like librarians such as info images.The problem we have now is to balance and organize what is up and what is in the folders since we have limitations such as 100 aircrafts etc and its going to get worse since it doesnt look like cfs2 is heading for the mortuary.
dog1

Shadow Wolf 07
February 7th, 2009, 21:48
The "personnel" go in the aircraft folder, right?

Ghostrider
February 8th, 2009, 11:41
Yeah, I get that - my CFS2 Pacific Installs (Early and Late War) are close to 5 Gigs. I think I understand now - you're suggesting an extra "hangar" type of folder to store your objects for a given scenery a la ACMan, but you still need to shuffle objects around when you use a given scenery area. You can't put objects in these folders and have them not count against the limits in any way, right?

Thanks for clarifying,
GR