PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft F-14 in FSX SP2

RyanJZ
December 8th, 2016, 07:37
Does anyone know if the Aerosoft F14 will work in standard FSX? I know I'll be missing out on some features like carrier ops that are only in Acceleration, but I'm not prepared to spend $100 just so 1 plane that costs $50 will work

Daube
December 8th, 2016, 08:08
What are the $100 you're talking about ?
Acceleration doesn't cost that much, does it ?

Butcherbird17
December 8th, 2016, 08:18
Why not get the Steam version? I believe it's on sale right now.

Joe

RyanJZ
December 8th, 2016, 08:21
What are the $100 you're talking about ?
Acceleration doesn't cost that much, does it ?
Only way I could find it was as part of the Gold Edition on Amazon. Maybe you know a better place to get it? :)

RyanJZ
December 8th, 2016, 08:23
Oh yeah.. I forgot about the steam edition.. well ignore this thread then! Thanks guys
Actually how much effort is involved in converting to FSX SE? Could I have them both installed on my computer simultaneously?

eddie
December 8th, 2016, 08:23
That's right,you can get it on Steam. And it is the edition with Acceleration. I have it and the F-14 works just fine in it. Its only $24.95

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

RyanJZ
December 8th, 2016, 08:26
Actually how much effort is involved in converting to FSX SE? Could I have them both installed on my computer simultaneously?

eddie
December 8th, 2016, 09:01
I just have the Steam edition myself. I have heard there could be problems with both versions installed, because in your documents folder you will have stored both versions of the FSX folders. Not sure what the problem is, I used to have both installed, but got rid of the non Steam version, clears up a lot of space on the HD! I've bought planes from Virtavia also, the full versions, not the Steam versions, and they install and run just fine in Steam.

eddie
December 8th, 2016, 09:06
Not much effort at all, steam will keep you updated to the latest version of FSX. Even if you have some payware for the regular version of FSX, and want to try and Install them in Steam, just point the installer to your FSX in Steam. Most of what I have added in work just fine, including a lot of payware stuff.

manfredc3
December 8th, 2016, 09:29
I have both FSX Boxed ans Steam installed without problems.

Some add-ons might need to be directed to the correct FSX version, but with a little effort all is working just fine.

RyanJZ
December 8th, 2016, 11:48
Okay... seems like I'm being converted. Anyone know how long its on sale for?

BrittMac
December 8th, 2016, 11:51
Not sure how long it is on sale for. However, if the sale stops, the will surely have one in a week or two for Xmas. Also, they have pretty regular sales, maybe even monthly, on FSX and many of the Add-ons. It's a waiting game if you have to have it on sale sometimes.
But, I waited for a second Steam copy for my laptop to run as a server for my buddies when we fly in the sim. Good times.

Daube
December 8th, 2016, 14:43
Just to be sure:
1- The convertion from FSX to FSX Steam shouldn't be a big effort at all, especially for the native speakers. It's a bit more complex for other people, because FSX Steam is only available in English language...
2- 99% of the FSX addons will work on FSX Steam. There's only a few payware exceptions. And I really mean *a few*.
3- Yes, FSX and FSX Steam can be installed on the same computer. FSX Steam is set to use the same folders and registry keys as FSX original *if and ONLY if* FSX original has never been installed on that same computer. Else, if will use different folders and keys, to avoid conflicts.
4- I wouldn't recommend you to buy FSX Steam until it gets on sales at 5 or 7 dollars. This happens several times per year (I mean, at least twice). Don't be in a rush ;)