PDA

View Full Version : Sim Skunk Works website

scotth6
December 6th, 2016, 02:45
Hi,

Has anyone else had any problems with the SSW website recently, like over the past two weeks. I can log in to the shop OK, but can not log in to the forum. My usual password will not work. I have tried the "forgotten your password" option, which should reset it and send me a link in an email, but this is not working. It says I will receive an email, but I never do.

I have tried contacting them via the contact email and have opened a support ticket regarding this, but have also received no response from this. They are usually fairly prompt with support tickets, so this is really strange. Support ticket has apparently not even been assigned to anyone after two days.

edakridge
December 6th, 2016, 13:46
Same thing here, no response from them.

scotth6
December 7th, 2016, 05:51
Thanks for the reply edakridge.

Just an update, I did receive a response from my support ticket and my forum password has been reset. All is well.

Cheers,

awstub
December 7th, 2016, 07:56
I seem to recall a post a few weeks ago where someone said SSW was moving and revamping their web site.....so maybe they haven't gotten it back up yet.

SSW1
December 7th, 2016, 23:53
Hi,

Has anyone else had any problems with the SSW website recently, like over the past two weeks. I can log in to the shop OK, but can not log in to the forum. My usual password will not work. I have tried the "forgotten your password" option, which should reset it and send me a link in an email, but this is not working. It says I will receive an email, but I never do.

I have tried contacting them via the contact email and have opened a support ticket regarding this, but have also received no response from this. They are usually fairly prompt with support tickets, so this is really strange. Support ticket has apparently not even been assigned to anyone after two days.

Just to clarify SSW policy about user support and SSW forum:

- While registering to SSW site is free, SSW forum is reserved to SSW customers, account is done upon request, all customers receive a notice about SSW forum when they receive the activation key for our products.

- SSW forum should be used to share experience between users, hints and suggestions on matters of general interest
To obtain fast support the best way is the use of help desk, accessible from the site to all registered users. We cannot assure timely answers on the forum while we constantly watch the help desk message queue.

- Some users complain about activation key policy, most of them do not like the activation key procedure itself, others complain about to do not receive activation key immediately.

Our key are done manually based on information received when installers prompt user for activation key request; pending on time zone and our duty hours generally users receive activation key in few hours but could happen that they are delayed 1 or in some case 2 days, for this reason we have written to hold for 48 hours before complain to us.
Activation keys are generated using user system informations, for this reason making major hw/sw changes could make key invalid, with an invalid key the sim silently quits or hangs in PAUSE. In this case procedure is simple, keys are generated and returned by mail within a few hours as many users have experienced so far.
Despite it is written on several places in SSW site, help desk FAQ and users received docs, many users write us complaining that the sim CTD's with our products after having done some changes to their PC, ie: reformatting, changing HD or switching to WIN 10. In all cases users mistake a CTD that should be issued with a "fatal error" modeless dialog window with a "silent quit".

Key activation procedure has been done to protect our work from piracy and give the possibility to user to ask refund:

According to Italian and European laws if the customer receives the activation key is meant that the software is "unsealed" and thus looses the right of withdrawal and refund because it is a necessary condition for it that the software is returned certainly and "sealed."
SSW complying with the law, protecting his resources and customers right, leaves freedom to buy the product, test it (with a reasonable time limit) and decide whether "unseal" or not, which occurs with the request of the activation key, request that can be delayed at will by the customer.
Instruction for automatic or manual activation key request is written clearly on the documentation on the site site under "How to..
Further information can be achieved at this link: http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/index.php/to-know-our-prices/refund-policy

regards
/SSW