PDA

View Full Version : TM Warthog HOTAS: Anybody get these to work?

Sundog
December 5th, 2016, 20:24
Besides all of the problems with my new build PC which I can't get to run, I also bought a set of TM Warthogs a couple of months ago when my Saiteks gave up the ghost and I haven't been able to fly since. I unplugged them from my USB hub and completely removed it and have re-installed the software multiple times (I'm trying to run the FSX combat pilot script) and I am ending up with this as my latest error;

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 9 in "C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Roaming\Thrustmaster\TARGET\S cripts\Combat Pilot FSX.tmc"
Error: Script run timed out!

Any ideas? I would like to be able to fly FSX once before I go on vacation for Christmas. ;)

Jafo
December 5th, 2016, 23:11
I don't use them....but re the hub.....first thing you will likely need to do is connect directly to a usb port and not via a hub.

StormILM
December 6th, 2016, 01:25
I don't own a TM Warthog but have used one on loan a couple times. I was advised to load the software drivers first before connecting it to avoid issues and to avoid "Bricking" the unit.

scotth6
December 6th, 2016, 02:36
I would agree with both suggestions above. I have never had a problem with mine. Run the setup and connect the devices when asked to, directly to the PC via USB port, not via a hub.

Cheers,

alehead
December 8th, 2016, 22:45
I manage to run mine through a powered USB 3 hub, to which everything for fsx is attached: mfg crosswinds pedals, warthog and throttle unit, two Saitek trim wheels and the virtualfly tq6. You have to make sure that your pc can provide enough current to the USB devices in order for them to work correctly. This is my problem, hence the hub.

The unit works exceptionally well. With an extension tube, it feels like a real flight stick, as the tube has the effect of reducing the spring tension.

Let me know if I can help you troubleshoot the unit. The support team at Thrustmaster is quite good as far as I know...

Andrew Entwistle

alehead
December 8th, 2016, 22:47
PS: I do not bother with Target in FSX. I assigned almost everything through fsuipc which works a treat.

Andrew Entwistle

Ron Attwood
December 9th, 2016, 02:55
Alehead has put it very well. Almost all my controllers are on a powered hub and FSUIPC rulez.

roger-wilco-66
December 9th, 2016, 04:56
Ditto in what Ron said. I run my complete controller setup (Saitek throttle, Saitek trim wheel, rudder pedals and Warthog) as well as an assortment of Saitek panels on a powered USB hub. I did not install the Warthog drivers, just the generic HID Windows drivers, and FSUIPC and SPAD for the panels.

Ahh, and I did switch off the power saving function of the USB system (there's a small app out there that makes it easier to manage).

Cheers,
Mark