PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim withdrawal update

lifejogger
February 7th, 2009, 18:02
A few weeks ago I posted that I would be going through withdrawal cause my computer was in the shop, well I got it back today and I survived. However there were times when I found myself sitting at my computer desk clutching my yoke and staring at a blank computer screen. I even resorted to flying paper airplanes around the room and even thought I might do a repaint. But that is all over now and I did a flight today and all is back to normal. I also finished a repaint of the Mentor I was working on when my computer crashed:ernae:.
It is good to be back flying.

Lionheart
February 7th, 2009, 18:05
Thats good news LifeJogger.

Cant imagine being away from FS or Gmax for over 7 days... Eeeks..!

:faint:

Bill

MCDesigns
February 7th, 2009, 19:08
Thats good news LifeJogger.

Cant imagine being away from FS or Gmax for over 7 days... Eeeks..!

:faint:

Bill

No kidding, I tried to sit thru a movie the other night with the GF and all I could think about was opening max or another design program, really sad!

LJ, glad you got thru it and your PC is back up and running!

boxcar
February 7th, 2009, 19:12
...However there were times when I found myself sitting at my computer desk clutching my yoke and staring at a blank computer screen. I even resorted to flying paper airplanes around the room...

Made me chuckle, man. Glad the rig is back to operational. May it stay that way. Good on ya!

Odie
February 8th, 2009, 05:21
A few weeks ago I posted that I would be going through withdrawal cause my computer was in the shop, well I got it back today and I survived. However there were times when I found myself sitting at my computer desk clutching my yoke and staring at a blank computer screen. I even resorted to flying paper airplanes around the room and even thought I might do a repaint. But that is all over now and I did a flight today and all is back to normal. I also finished a repaint of the Mentor I was working on when my computer crashed:ernae:.

And then there's the flying the toy airplanes around the house (i.e. walking around flying) which is good until even the cat looks at you funny!

Cazzie
February 8th, 2009, 07:12

I have an old, sweaty T-shirt for ya LJ. Been through it three times myself. Last summer, I went from the end of May through the end of July without a Flight Sim. Luckily those are prime bicycle riding months, but.

I really spent my spare time (kids are out of school, so that is limited) going to Durham's Tiger Direct and buying the parts for my new tower when I could afford them. Put it together in order (sought the tech's help for proper parts): tower, power supply, MB, and fans went in first. Followed by processor, vid cards, CD/DVD Reader/Writers, 9-in-1 slot Card Reader, 6-USB 2.0 ports, 1-firewall port; until I had it all assembled and plugged up. I had my geek buddy from 3rd grade George come out, check all my doings, run the BIOS and install Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Been running without a flaw since (tap wood, it is still Windoz LOL).

Good yer back LJ. :applause:

Caz