PDA

View Full Version : RealAir closes shop

Bjoern
November 30th, 2016, 09:00
Hello Everyone,

With regret I am sad to announce that RealAir Simulations has closed its doors to new customers. I have been aware for a long time that our loyal customers have been frustrated at the lack of progress on the awaited Piston Duke B60 for P3d and its integration of GTN gauges for both FSX and P3d. Unfortunately there have been personal circumstances for some time which have now escalated to the point where we feel continuing is not viable. I had hoped that we could find a way through, but it is clear that it would be difficult to continue on a level commensurate with our high standards of support and development, and rather than slowly wind down we have decided to shut the business.

Our current customers can be assured of support if they need it, but RealAir will no longer sell products or updates as from today. It is possible in the future that I may work again on occasional projects on a modest level but I have reached retirement age and Sean has coped with a loved one's illness for some time. We feel there is not the scope, for now, to keep RealAir going without harm to the well being and health of all involved.

I would like to thank Avsim in particular for its long history of service to simmers everywhere, which is of course something that Tom worked tirelessly to sustain, along with the current staff, whom I also thank.

We have enjoyed supplying somewhat niche products for a very long 16 years. To those of you who have been so enthusiastic about our output. I thank you sincerely. If we didn't please others as they might have wished, I only hope that they understand we are imperfect humans. It has been a very hard-working 16 years and now we need a rest.

Best Wishes,

Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498823-realair-simulations-closure/
http://realairsimulations.com/home.php?page=home

txnetcop
November 30th, 2016, 09:07
WOW! That is a shocker... :O(
Ted

rvn817j
November 30th, 2016, 09:30
Sorry to hear about all the difficulties and the impact it is having on a fine FSX airplane producer. Like the SF260 before it, the Legacy is my "go to" plane for FSX flying. RealAir will be missed! Fair winds and following seas to Sean and Rob!

stovall
November 30th, 2016, 09:59
Very sad indeed, not good news for the community. Thanks RealAir for all the great aircraft you have given us. You will be missed.

Francois
November 30th, 2016, 10:12
So sorry to read this. Be well, Rob and Sean !

thefrog
November 30th, 2016, 10:32
Sorry to hear this news but understand completely. I've got and fly all your planes - and still fly the SF260 and the Scout in P3D v3!

MM
November 30th, 2016, 10:53
A salute to both Rob and Sean for their excellent work over the years. They have made a giant contribution to our community.

Brilliant!

--M

BendyFlyer
November 30th, 2016, 10:58
Sorry to hear this but understandable. The RealAir Spitfire was and is without a doubt the best version of this aircraft produced and has an honoured place in my collection. All the best for the future.

dhasdell
November 30th, 2016, 11:50
Very sad news. The Scout and the Spitfire remain two of my all time favourites.

SpaceWeevil
November 30th, 2016, 12:02
No words are enough - all I can say is thank you for the wonderful models and I hope it all works out for both of you.

bazzar
November 30th, 2016, 12:36
A dim day for flight sim. We were "born" at similar times and as AH I have always kept more than an interested eye on RealAir development. The quality of their product and the integrity of their operation has always had my respect and admiration. I wish you both well for the future and thanks for the ride guys. You will be missed, I can assure you.:engel016:

THibben
November 30th, 2016, 13:07
So Sorry to hear this but I do understand what age and health can do. Have loved all of your products. Best wishes for the future.

Tom

CaptainMal
November 30th, 2016, 13:51
Sad news indeed. My son had wanted to get me the Turbine Duke for Christmas, and I was looking forward to it.

Rob and Sean, thanks for everything. The Spitfire and Scout are two of my favourite aircraft and have given me many hours of pleasure.

Douglas

AussieMan
November 30th, 2016, 20:07
I have all their aircraft except the B-60 Duke V2. Was thinking of getting it shortly. Sean, I hope your wife gets better and Rob, enjoy your retirement.

MustangL2W
November 30th, 2016, 20:35
Thank you for all you have done for us "FlightSimming" Folks. Your products will always be cherished favorites!!

manfredc3
November 30th, 2016, 21:33
Very sorry to hear, but totally understandable.

Wish I had purchased the Turbine Duke.

expat
December 1st, 2016, 02:23
Top drawer models. Rob and Sean were a class act. This is a loss.

Mejborn
December 1st, 2016, 07:24
I wish the guys at Realair a really nice future and thank them for the lovely airfiles they have "given" us.
I bought the Scout in 2004 and it is still my favorite little taildragger to go in and out of small places. No other plane in that category has lasted the comparision to the scout. Its just darn good.
Tonight I will take the scout out of the hangar and give it a good fly and send some good vibrations to Rob and Sean.
So long guys. We will remember your lovely addons :wavey:

Bjoern
December 1st, 2016, 09:08
From what Rob said on Avsim, their models are not available for purchase anymore and won't ever be again.

Fnerg
December 1st, 2016, 12:50
I've enjoyed the Real Air Spitfires so much, I just wanted to say thank you, and to the developers and artists at Real Air, thank you especially for inspiring me to create my own "as accurate as possible" model, which today I am very proud of. It took me over 2 years to research the information, learn the modeling software, create, refine, distribute test models, patch and finally release. I can really appreciate the time and commitment you made to our hobby, and for thinking of each one of us, boosting our level of enjoyment with your amazing models - Thank you! Enjoy your time with family, and stay well. All the very best.

Doug Smith

Bradburger
December 1st, 2016, 13:04
Always sad to hear when a developer has to shut up shop, especially one as well respected and established like RealAir.

But I guess real life & family has to come first!

All the best to Rob & Sean for the future.

Cheers

Paul

ChipShop
December 1st, 2016, 13:08
I can only echo the sentiments of the others in this thread; very sad news indeed! Alas, the 'real world' has a nasty habit of ruining things for people who don't deserve it!
All our thoughts and good wishes go out to you, in these difficult times!
'Per Ardua Ad Astra!'
ChipShop

clmooring
December 1st, 2016, 14:46
So sorry to hear this news. for flight-sim yes. but really for sean and Carla.

I check their site at least 2 or 3 times a week waiting for anything new.... especially a gtn 750 updated version of the b60 duke!

They are great people have always been responsive and supportive. I have been using their products for so many years they feel like family.

I truly wish them the very best in their personal lives!

Thanks Sean and Rob for many many hours of flight-sim bliss!!!!!

gradyhappyg
December 1st, 2016, 16:33
Hey folks Flight One and PC Aviator still have some of their stuff for sale if you want to send them off with a bang.

AussieMan
December 1st, 2016, 17:00
Great news. Hoping the B-60 Duke V2 is one of them. That is the only Real Air plane I don't have.

YoYo
December 1st, 2016, 22:41
Its a very sad news, life is brutal :(.

Ferry_vO
December 2nd, 2016, 09:08
That's a shame, but real life comes first.

Great news. Hoping the B-60 Duke V2 is one of them. That is the only Real Air plane I don't have.

Looks like it is still the V1.5 model. Legacy looks like the V1 too.

Obie311
December 4th, 2016, 15:30
What a shame. RealAir are one of the few developers that set the bar high. Their skill and creativity will be sorely missed. The RA Scout is my default airplane. I have some real world time in the Citabria and Decathlon so I can appreciate how accurate their simulation is. I always get a kick out of the cockpit sounds as they are so familiar.

As mentioned, real life comes first but know you will be missed and appreciated.

Obie