PDA

View Full Version : The USNVA is Back!

edakridge
November 29th, 2016, 16:09
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44932&stc=1

The USNVA is always looking for a few good men(or ladies). The USNVA was originally founded in 2006 and went into dormancy in 2014 . In 2016 three of the founding members decided that it was time to revive the organization. This is an Adult organization and applicants under the age of 18 will not be accepted. We are open to all skill levels from the greenest rookie to experienced pilots. While we are a naval organization, we realize that not all are interested in carrier operations therefore we offer a shore based support squadron. We are a mission oriented virtual flight organization, using Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration as our base platform. Our primary airframe is the VRS Superbug with Tacpack. We are also utilizing FSX@War for combat operations.We offer our pilots a wide variety of opportunities, as far as airframes and mission capabilities go. We will also be doing some Vietnam era operations. We have four squadrons, three for Strike Fighters and one for support aircraft. We feel that we have something to offer any virtual pilot. If you like what you see, feel free to drop by www.usnva.com (http://www.usnva.com) and submit an application.

daisan
November 29th, 2016, 22:40
Welcome back!

I hope we can fly joint misions as we did sometimes in the past

Diego
http://www.edavirtual.org
www.vaafse.org

edakridge
November 30th, 2016, 03:28
Sounds like a winner. Contact me at usnva01@usnva.com

expat
November 30th, 2016, 04:16
Hmm, that is good news. For me personally though, it's close but no cigar. Not a Hornet fanatic and don't really care for the make believe flight training/graduation/qualification thing. A bit too serious + life is too short.
Just would like to trap on line (Nam 60's mostly) and natter with other SOH members informally about our common hobby. And share a laugh when I make a mistake! Miss the old "Alphasim" multi-player gang now ten years gone, sheesh, where did the time go . .

Willy
November 30th, 2016, 04:34
Don't forget that Sim Outhouse has it's own online flight server for multiplayer that hasn't been getting much use except for a few of us.

Personally, I'm not much into Hornets, but I do love carrier ops in me trusty ol' Seafire in informal settings where if I take out the island, it's no big deal. (screenshot from FS9)

Navy Chief
November 30th, 2016, 05:14
Hmm, that is good news. For me personally though, it's close but no cigar. Not a Hornet fanatic and don't really care for the make believe flight training/graduation/qualification thing. A bit too serious + life is too short.
Just would like to trap on line (Nam 60's mostly) and natter with other SOH members informally about our common hobby. And share a laugh when I make a mistake! Miss the old "Alphasim" multi-player gang now ten years gone, sheesh, where did the time go . .

Am with you about not wanting simming to be serious. And as I get older, and more parts of my body begin to break down, I take solace in still being able to enjoy flight simulation. It is a escape for me. NC

Stinger
December 1st, 2016, 16:48
I think you're missing the point, we're not twisting anyone's arm to join, we're just letting the world know "we're back" up any running that's all. If it's not for you, then it's understandable. And we fly more then just the hornet. And although i love flying it and and using it to all it's capability along with Tacpac and FSX@War. there's a better then even chance you'll find us in a old wildcat or hellcat or panther too. We explore all aspects of naval aviation not just modern.So just because this may not be your bag it might be for someone who might be interested and wants to be part of our endeavor.And while we offer a training program for those who may want it,it certainly isn't mandatory by any means. So before you knock what we're trying to do, it might be for then next guy ..or gal

Oh and I'm 65..soon to be 66 and a vietnam vet 71-75 Combat Rescue, Retired Air Force (SMSGT) not some piss pot who doesn't know about the shortness of life

Navy Chief
December 1st, 2016, 17:44
Stinger,

Sorry, did not mean to belittle what you guys have going at all! I actually, at one point, had all the intentions of becoming a member of one or more similar type groups. I guess my biggest failing is not having the dedication to stick with it.

A few months ago I tried doing some flying with Military Air Simulations. GREAT group of guys. And very talented! But I just got lazy about it. No fault of theirs; all mine. NC

expat
December 2nd, 2016, 00:24
Stinger,
Thanks very much for clarifying. I may well give it a try - very good news you are back up and running!
Expat

Stinger
December 2nd, 2016, 09:32
Chief, 1 of the great things about belonging to a group.. any group not just ours is when you run in to problems on your puter or MSFS which I see multiple threads on these forums alone. That there's always someone smarter that we trust that can remote into it and fix what you're screwed up. Which we have several that can do that.That alone is worth the price of admission

Navy Chief
December 2nd, 2016, 18:07
Chief, 1 of the great things about belonging to a group.. any group not just ours is when you run in to problems on your puter or MSFS which I see multiple threads on these forums alone. That there's always someone smarter that we trust that can remote into it and fix what you're screwed up. Which we have several that can do that.That alone is worth the price of admission

Ok! You talked me into looking into it:encouragement: Am going to check out your website! NC

Navy Chief
December 4th, 2016, 14:57
As it turned out, I was not able to fly with USNVA, as they use the original boxed version of FSX. I have it, but is not installed. But I must thank Ed for his hospitality, and willingness to help me get started! All was going well until I found out that FSX-O was required!

At any rate, any of you folks interested in checking out USNVA, I recommend it!! Thanks Ed.

NC:encouragement:

rvn817j
December 5th, 2016, 07:39
Given that winter appears to be close here in Minnesota and I'm going to spent more time indoors, I sent my email to USNVA admin and got a formal response from the chain of command. I'm interested in flying for the USNVA and already possessed most of the items necessary for membership, but lacked one or two items. Getting the items I lack within seven (7) days stated in the USNVA correspondence may be more time consuming than the time I have available right now.

To add insult to injury, I needed to resurrect some software on a different computer from the computer I had the software installed on. I flubbed up the de-activation / activation process for the VRS F-18 and sent a note to VRS support. Based on the note I got back from VRS support you would have thought I was one of those "deplorables" HRC talked about! I won't go into details, but I'm now very soured on the VRS F-18! (I just bought some DCS things and may now focus my time on that!)

Bottom line for "SOHers" is make sure you've got the equipment on hand because the time for compliance is short. Perhaps those that have multiplayer experience know the equipment requirements, but I'm a multiplayer NOOB. (Note to USNVA - any flexibility in time to comply?)

Stinger
December 5th, 2016, 12:54
No need to worry about not have the necessary "equipment"
We're pretty relaxed when it come to membership, the ideal is to have fun.... most importantly come register and you'll get an email explaining all there is to know. I'll waive the rules for you.
You will have to install our voice comms which is game vox... there will be links in the welcome letter we sent you
Welcome Aboard

rvn817j
December 5th, 2016, 15:14
Stinger - Where in western NY? I grew up in Buffalo and still a very big fan of the Sabres!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on USNVA because of VRS issues. Instead of recognizing a flaw in their de-activation / re-activation process, they're accusing me of piracy and incompetence. I don't go for that. DCS baby!

Stinger
December 6th, 2016, 15:33
Grew up in Amherst, now in Cheektowaga, not far from the airport
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the bug, it's the best aircraft i've ever flown and now it's "stinger" really can bite you
We also have a support squadron as well, flying C-40, P-8 and KC-130... and "others"
and if we get enough rotor-heads, i'll start a seahawk squadron too

xpelekis
December 6th, 2016, 22:18
I flew a couple of sessions with USNVA guys, before their "official" squadron opening...
In practise, time difference between EU that I live & US is not viable, but the feeling
during the virtual sorties is quite good from what you may see in the video I've recorded
from a Vietnam Era mission we flew (A-7s striking Haiphong port) - though I didn't do
much in this mission... :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj9pa6vx6TM

Stinger No need to worry about not have the necessary "equipment"
We're pretty relaxed when it come to membership, the ideal is to have fun....

Quite interesting substitution of Ed's A-7 livery on my end also...

Stinger
December 7th, 2016, 13:01
Chris, Your always welcome to join our sessions, if you see something of interest just contact me through here or our forum or even facebook
We'd be glad to have you

Stinger
December 12th, 2016, 15:09
***bump***