PDA

View Full Version : REX question

tigisfat
February 7th, 2009, 16:06
There are so many features to REX, it's hard to find out EVERYTHING about the product even on their own pages. Does anyone here know if it resizes the autogen and/or water? I know FEX does the water, so I just may get it instead.

Boomer
February 7th, 2009, 16:07
When you 1st install it you have the option of what rez you want for clouds & water.

tigisfat
February 7th, 2009, 16:25
When you 1st install it you have the option of what rez you want for clouds & water.

Is it possible to get it really wrong?

jeansy
February 7th, 2009, 16:29
Is it possible to get it really wrong?

the only thing you can get wrong is the fact that you might pick a scheme that you dont like

ps note, it installs grass detail textures without informing you, these can have a hit in fps, recommend that you back up your original before installing and overwriting the REX one, to get some fps back, its only minor but its a helping hand when it comes to detailed areas

tigisfat
February 7th, 2009, 20:36
so REX doesn't resize the autogen? like the rediculously huge trees?

jeansy
February 7th, 2009, 20:56
no it has nothing to do with autogen its just textures

timest
February 7th, 2009, 23:20
ps note, it installs grass detail textures without informing you,

No actually it doesn't... that is why we gave away free ones on our forum, in case you wanted them, REX does not change these.

tigisfat
February 8th, 2009, 08:58
So, is it true that REX will neither have a positive nor a negative effect on your FPS?

timest
February 8th, 2009, 09:16
Hi tigisfat:

The end-user can change the texture sizes and compression schema for textures to install into FSX. It's up to you to control your experience as you see fit on your system configuration.

jeansy
February 8th, 2009, 09:20
No actually it doesn't... that is why we gave away free ones on our forum, in case you wanted them, REX does not change these.

my bad then, i never recalled installing them, i once tried a freeware version, but after a day i restored the fsx file, bugger if i know where it came from