PDA

View Full Version : MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available

euroastar350
November 26th, 2016, 04:15
http://secure.simmarket.com/mp-design-studio-aerospatiale-gazelle-sa342-fsx-p3d.phtml

DaveB
November 26th, 2016, 04:51
Downloaded.. not yet installed. Thanks for the HU George:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

euroastar350
November 26th, 2016, 05:03
I have my copy and am impressed with the models, reflections in the VC have to go however....but that won't stop me from enjoying this fine addition to my helicopter hangar. Paintkit is included too, so I may have to whip out my paint brushes on this one ;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44865&stc=1

RaFi
November 26th, 2016, 05:16
reflections in the VC have to go however

Can we do it manually or must we wait for the developer?

ijay
November 26th, 2016, 05:47
are these the same VC issues as with the previous model??

DaveB
November 26th, 2016, 06:10
I don't have the previous model but I guess they are...

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/gazglass.jpg

While I'm sure this model is a blast to fly with a rig setup for helicopter flying.. it's not such a barrel of laughs using a standard joystick and no pedals. It's ok when it gets going but the two critical areas.. take-off and landing tend to be rather hit and miss. More practise and a more deft glove will probably smooth things.

Was expecting more from the soundset which is less than average on my rig. Cyril's freeware Gazelle sounds are more Gazelle IMO.
ATB

ijay
November 26th, 2016, 06:22
yeah, looks similar
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?100881-New-payware-gazelle-for-FsX

conver
November 26th, 2016, 08:40
Hello!
It's very rare cases that users have this kind of issue with glass reflection, anyway, here is a link to download: Aerospatiale Gazelle SA342 GlassReflectionFix

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzdaNm_s3ZRwb3dfTXhnSEQyVHc

DaveB
November 26th, 2016, 09:49
Now that's impressive!! Cheers Conver:encouragement:

ATB

ijay
November 26th, 2016, 09:51
Now that's impressive!! Cheers Conver:encouragement:

ATB
Very:applause:

DaveB
November 26th, 2016, 11:04
A little advice needed here.

Noting that I only use a Sidewinder Precision Pro (no pedals).. getting the Gazelle off the deck in a steady, respectable manner.. I can keep it controlled in the hover.. dip the nose gently to gain forward momentum and it will start happily moving forward. Suddenly, it will roll over to the left (almost snapping over) followed by a few seconds fighting to get it back then it's as steady as a rock. Never had a model do this before.
Anyone have any advice how to anticipate/combat/avoid this happening?? My passengers have run off!!:biggrin-new:

Lovely model inside and out and it'll be better still if I can master this sudden left roll soon after take-off;)
ATB

Penzoil3
November 26th, 2016, 12:29
Simmarket-
MP DESIGN STUDIO - SOKO MOSTAR GAZELA - GAZELLE-SA342 FSX P3D
<s>EUR 14.00</s>
EUR 7.00
<small>expires 12/04/2016</small>

conver
November 26th, 2016, 12:51
DaveB (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?41155-DaveB)

Your sudden roll effect is called "Transverse Flow Effect". Try google search and you will find out why you gazelle has a tendency to roll left. And pilots always have to counteract...
If you have some wind that effect will disappear. :running:

After that tendency of "sudden left roll" you will meet "Lift Effect". Again, do a google search to find out more about it. This is a very good flight model, keep that in mind...

Meanwhile have a fun with sling loads...
P.S. Use your autopilot/sas system for steady hover flight.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44878&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44879&stc=1

DaveB
November 26th, 2016, 13:46
Thanks Conver:encouragement:

On my last flight.. I tried going a lot higher before dipping the nose (wondering if it was some sort of ground effect) and it appeared to work for me. Unfortunately.. I got it while coming in to land at Lands End instead! Yet more passengers have run off:biggrin-new:

I've tried the autopilot (briefly) and it didn't appear to be doing much. Almost certainly user error!!

For something so small, I can feel the frame hit on my i5 and sadly.. the paint kit won't open in my paint program without errors so I'm going to have to sit tight and wait for repaints. I still think the soundset.. especially outside.. is a little weak. The Gazelle has a distinctive sound and I'm not hearing it. Inside.. who cares!!

Despite these little niggles, I'm still happy;)
ATB

RaFi
November 26th, 2016, 15:23
It is certainly a hand full.

I found that during take off heavy right rudder is required, I also push the cyclic a bit forward, then the take off appears that I am in control at least.

One thing though, I found that during take off the torque suddenly increases by itself, I don't know a lot about choppers, so I am not sure if this is normal or if I am doing something wrong.

During landing you can feel the tail rotor's effectiveness decrease, requiring lots of concentration to land properly.

At first I also noticed a slight drop in frame rate, but after I copied the alternate interior files, it seems to be fine now.

Paint kit will be a bit tricky, also it seems that the civilian model has a glossy exterior, while the military version is matte. Don't know whether this can be changed.

I only have a quick manual that explains where everything is, but no start-up/shut down procedures, however I seemed to have figured it out.

All in all a fun little helicopter, definitely worth the money.

conver
November 26th, 2016, 22:10
hi folks!

DaveB:
There is a info how to use autopilot/sas on this gazele in quick manual but anyway:
1. Turn on gyro-platform (GM-position and wait for the flags to come out)
2. Turn on Trim switch
3. Turn on F.Mag switch
4. On autopilot panel, select Vi mode (small switch at the end of right side)
5. Turn on all three channels (up position is for autopilot)
6. Turn on autopilot master switch
If you are on the ground and all set , just slowly apply some collective and helicopter will do a hover for you.
Each time if you want to add new flight parameter to autopilot (while you are in flight) you have to restart channel by turn it off and back on (pitch, roll, yaw)

Don't know why you can't open paint kit. I use Adobe Photoshop and everything is fine.

About sound: Interior sounds are muffled intentionally in order to create the effect of pilot headset. :)

RaFi:
Gazelle is clockwise rotor system and right pedal is required until you gain 150 km/h of airspeed. Then your vertical stabilizer does a job for you. Your pedals should be in neutral position. After passing 150 km/h, efficiency of vertical stabilizer is growing more and more so opposite (left pedal) is required.
About procedures: we created checklist in our previous version (Soko Mostar - Gazela SA342) but no one has payed attention to it. This Gazelle is so real that you can use real flight manual.

Did anyone tried to land or maintain flight with simulation of hydraulic system failure? (hydraulic switch is in red box on collective, turn it off but be advised)

Have a fun guys! :encouragement:

Fireball6
November 27th, 2016, 04:03
Hi Conver,

may i ask, how can we activate the sling-load ? I had a look in the manual but find no advise. And as i found no specs or alphas i think that the glossy shine is embedded in the .mdl or ? Is it possible to reduce the shine a bit ?

Otherwise very great level of detail and i like the way it fly .... :applause:

Kind regards

Dirk

altack
November 27th, 2016, 05:07
we created checklist in our previous version (Soko Mostar - Gazela SA342) but no one has payed attention to it. This Gazelle is so real that you can use real flight manual.

Hi Conver,
I bought both of your Gazelles and the checklist you provided with the Soko Mostar is definitely related to this version (i.e. refering to Yugoslav's instruments and labelling).
An Aerospatiale type checklist would be more than welcome !
Regards

ksheadley
November 27th, 2016, 05:57
Hi Conver,
I bought both of your Gazelles and the checklist you provided with the Soko Mostar is definitely related to this version (i.e. refering to Yugoslav's instruments and labelling).
An Aerospatiale type checklist would be more than welcome !
Regards

Yes specific checklist would be very welcome. Wonderful simulation as well. Sink with power will call you out quick too. :biggrin-new:

DaveB
November 27th, 2016, 07:15
Yup.. it would be great to have so burn an extra copy off for me too:encouragement:

EDIT:
Don't know why you can't open paint kit. I use Adobe Photoshop and everything is fine.

Unfortunately, my income doesn't stretch to Photoshop. I use Photoshop Elements which doesn't handle groups particularly well.. especially those made with later versions of the full program.

ATB

conver
November 27th, 2016, 09:45
Hi Conver,

may i ask, how can we activate the sling-load ? I had a look in the manual but find no advise. And as i found no specs or alphas i think that the glossy shine is embedded in the .mdl or ? Is it possible to reduce the shine a bit ?

Otherwise very great level of detail and i like the way it fly .... :applause:

Kind regards

Dirk

Hi Fireball!
It's nice to hear positive comments.
About your sling load. Download some of missions which has a sling load objects from the internet, apply your gazelle and have a fun :) For sling load operations use default key assigned for sling load in your FSX/P3D,
Be careful while flying with sling load, especially on descent rate... vortex ring effect is present.

About checklist: Download real flight manual for Aerospatiale Gazelle SA342, it's all written there. You have a real gazelle on your simulator...
If I grab some time, I'll do my best to recreate checklists for you guys.

About shine: there is not that possibility to reduce shine, sorry it's in .mdl file. But if you take a look at real G-UZEL gazelle on google, you'll notice a presence of that shine effect.

Did someone tried to fly route with NADIR ? Create your route using Flight Planner with multiple waypoints, set your localizer to NADIR, folow and enjoy ! :)

DaveB
November 27th, 2016, 10:50
Culdrose to Tresco..

My pax are happy enough to fly back with me:encouragement:
http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/gazelle1.jpg

ATB

RaFi
November 27th, 2016, 11:26
Yup.. it would be great to have so burn an extra copy off for me too:encouragement:

EDIT:

Unfortunately, my income doesn't stretch to Photoshop. I use Photoshop Elements which doesn't handle groups particularly well.. especially those made with later versions of the full program.

ATB

Awhile ago Photoshop CS 2 was released for free. Although it doesn't have all the latest add-ons, it still works great. You just need to get the DDS plug in.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

DaveB
November 27th, 2016, 12:20
I actually have the freeware CS2 mate but it's unreliable on my rig. Maps will often freeze or an error will throw up causing the map to close and with it.. what I've been attempting to do. Even CS2 won't open some of the newer PK's without errors and from memory.. this extends up to CS5 (JF/AH Mosquito springs to mind). CS5.5 and above was ok with that one (or was it CS6)?

Thanks for the pointer though;) I don't have the dds plugin.. I usually convert a map to dds using DXTbmp. Maybe worth a look though.. you never know;)
ATB

joe bob
November 27th, 2016, 13:43
I like this a lot. It is going to be a challenge for those without pedals but one thing I noticed is that the Transverse Flow Effect is minimal if you accelerate smartly instead of a gentle transition to forward flight. It is very easy to hover.

DaveB
November 27th, 2016, 13:57
I tried it with real weather active and as Conver suggested.. it eliminated the effect. I don't always fly with live weather so it's handy to know it can still be avoided;) I may yet venture up into the loft to drag my CH pedals out of retirement.

ATB

conver
November 30th, 2016, 03:59
Hi DaveB.
I'm glad that you enjoy in our Gazelle, looking forward to hear more positive comments from you.
Did anyone of you guys noticed ground resonance effect ? Do you like it? It's totally new feature to FSX/P3D add-ons. :wavey:

DaveB
November 30th, 2016, 04:46
I've not yet though I found an interesting bit of footage taken from a MacGyver episode and it's a Gazelle no less! Reading about the effect, it seems proper maintenance of the helicopter will often lessen the chances of it happening so.. as we all have new helicopters.. we shouldn't be seeing it happen unless we throw the helicopter on the deck!!:biggrin-new:

The pilot of the Gazelle in the tv scene did exactly the right thing by lifting off to cancel the imbalance. Good job he had enough rpm available:encouragement:
ATB

jeansy
November 30th, 2016, 23:36
is there a paint kit for the pilots for the mil version? or could you release a plain green flight suit without any flags for addition 3rd party mil paints

on another note? is anyone else rotor head rotation suffers from stutters (p3d v3.4.4 with steady 50-ish fps)

Daube
December 1st, 2016, 01:49
Just bought it, download on-going, I will test it tonight.
I'm especially pleased with the price, given the amount of features.

Daube
December 1st, 2016, 13:40
I made my first test flight tonight finally :)
The model is much better than I expected in fact. At least in my P3D 3.3.5, it was looking great.
The flight model is quite pleasant as well, even though I haven't experienced the "bad" things that are simulated like vortex ring states or resonnance... not yet :D

Concerning the glass reflection, I found it to be problematic as well.
I believe this happens to those who installed an alternative envmap reflection. For example, I use the envmap from BananaBob, which not only replaces the texture used for the envmap, but also makes the glass much more reflective. On the outside model, it's really cool to see. But from the cockpit, it's a bit too much and quickly becomes problematic/annoying.
I have downloaded the fix already, but didn't install it yet.

Another thing concerning the reflection: normally, in P3D v3.x, the materials who are set to reflect the standard envmap are supposed to be shifted automatically to real reflection.
My understanding was that it was something standard, that impacts all aircrafts that were set to standard reflection... But with your helicopter, it didn't work.
Did you set anything special in your reflective materials ?

RaFi
December 1st, 2016, 15:20
I am going to need special, extra lessons concerning the autopilot.

I just cannot get it to work.

Here is what I do:

1) Gyro mode switch to GM, wait for the red covers to drop.
2) Autopilot trim switch and FR.Mag switch on.
3) Autopilot altitude/yaw/roll/pitch switches up(also tried it down)
4) Engage autopilot master switch.

No success. Please indicate where I am doing it wrong.

Otherwise, I love this helicopter, you need to work at it to fly it, but that is the enjoyment of it.

I am hoping the developers will continue to release products of this caliber.

conver
December 1st, 2016, 22:22
Hello folks!

I'm glad that you enjoy with this add-on and I'm also glad that you are satisfied with price for quality you get.

Jeansy: I think that there is no PaintKit available for military version, but I have to check it with my colleague.

RaFi:

Autopilot for hover flight (helpful for sling load operations)
While on ground do next:
1. Turn on Gyro Platform - switch to GM
2. Wait for the flags to go out
3. Trim switch - ON
4. F.Mag swticht - ON
5. Autopilot mode switch set to Vi (small switch to the right side of autopilot panel with titles Vi and ALT)
6. Turn on Yaw channel (upper position)
7. Turn on Roll channel (upper position)
8. Turn on Pitch channel (upper position)
9. Turn on autopilot master switch.

Slowly rise up collective lever and your autopilot will maintain hover flight for you.
You can use anytime autopilot trimmer switch on cyclic stick to add new position into autopilot memory.

Autopilot for horizontal flight: (helpful for route flying)
Stabilize horizontal flight ( for instance: Airspeed 150 km/h, Vertical speed 0 m/min, without bank...):
1. Turn on Gyro Platform - switch to GM
2. Wait for the flags to go out
3. Trim switch - ON
4. F.Mag swtich - ON
5. Autopilot mode switch set to Vi or ALT: (small switch to the right side of autopilot panel with titles Vi and ALT - Vi - velocity hold mode, ALT. - Altitude hold mode, default mode is Vi)
6. Turn on Yaw channel (upper position)
7. Turn on Roll channel (upper position)
8. Turn on Pitch channel (upper position)
9. Turn on autopilot master switch.

If you want to add new parameter to autopilot memory you have to reset channel. (Turn off and back on)
Large deflects of flight controls can cause disengage autopilot.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44972&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44973&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44974&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44975&stc=1

jeansy
December 2nd, 2016, 06:11
Hello folks!

Jeansy: I think that there is no PaintKit available for military version, but I have to check it with my colleague.

I want to confirm im just after the templates for the mil pilot textures

on another note while looking at the paint kit and the texture folders, can you please confirm if there is or isnt any spec mapping and texture sharing via texture.cfgs

the reason why I ask while looking at file names and formats and trying to work out the over reflective alpha channels in p3d its looking more and more like the a few things are loosely based off fs2004 formats with bump mapping introduced which is explaining the some of the visuals experienced

speedy70
December 2nd, 2016, 06:35
I have just bought this helo from simmarket on sale,however it only has one paint and not the G reg or the other paint.

Please advise.

Cheers Chris

RaFi
December 2nd, 2016, 06:44
I have just bought this helo from simmarket on sale,however it only has one paint and not the G reg or the other paint.

Please advise.

Cheers Chris

Also bought it from SimMarket. I have these folders ...FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft:
Aerospatiale Gazelle SA342 Civil Version
Aerospatiale Gazelle SA342 Military Version

under civil are 2 model, each with its own panel, model and texture:
G-UZEL
HB-XFW

Under military is only the ALAT model.

Maybe download/install again.

speedy70
December 2nd, 2016, 07:51
Hi Rafi.
I only have one folder.I bought it on offer for 8.50 euros.Maybe it was an earlier model.Perhaps conver could explain.

Cheers Chris

conver
December 2nd, 2016, 08:50
Hello

speedy70:
You probably bought Soko Mostar - Gazela SA342 which is our early version.
This is latest released model:
http://secure.simmarket.com/mp-design-studio-aerospatiale-gazelle-sa342-fsx-p3d.phtml

jeansy:
I ask my colleague and PaintKit for military version is available!

spatialpro
December 2nd, 2016, 15:32
I'm really hoping a Westland Gazelle AH1 is still on the cards...?

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/photos/airliners/6/0/4/1654406.jpg?v=v40

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6066/6079462503_d9bb2e8e67_b.jpg

Daube
December 2nd, 2016, 22:28
Yesterday I could find some time to test the Gazelle a bit more deeply.
Globally I'm very pleased with this helicopter and it's behavior. However, the behavior was sometimes a little bit strange to me. Keep in mind I haven't read the manual yet. Here is a description of the three situations in which the behavior seemed strange:

1- Upon takeoff, I increased the collective progressively to avoid "jumping". The helicopter reacted nicely at first, I could hover just above the ground. Then, I proceeded to accumulate a bit of forward speed (less than 30 kntos) and increased the collective a bit to climb. The helicopter however, climbed very slowly at first, as if it were overweighted. I didn't touch the controls and kept the orientation stable, because it was climbing "enough" anyways for me... but then suddenly, without any changes in my controls, the helicopter started climbing at very high speed, like a jump, as if I had set the collective to maximum...

2- During my flight at low altitude in the Bowerman bay, I approached a nearby AI cargo boat sailing full speed, to take a look at it from all angle and check if there was any helipads on it (there were none :P ). I found it quite difficult to fly sideways, and at some point I even lost control. Upon recovery, the helicopter was flying slightly backwards, which is ok given the circumstances. So I tiped the nose down and increased the collective a little bit to regain forward speed... which never came. The helicopter nose was 10 degrees down, and it was not going forward. I think I had also such a behavior for a very short amount of time during my "taxi" on takeoff. Is it some kind of ring vortex effect or some other special feature ?

3- Coming back to the airfield at medium altitude, I wanted to practise the autorotation. So I did the following sequence:

In level flight with reasonnable speed (around 100 km/h), I reduced the collective to zero
Then I reduced the yellow lever to zero, and switched off the two switches on the main panel (pump and start - the silver one)
The rotor came almost immediately to a complete stop, until I pushed the collective a bit forward ??
Then I reduced the collective back to zero again and I had to tilt the nose down by 15 to 20 degrees to maintain a normal rotor rotation speed (by sound, the rotor RPM gauge seemed stuck in the green...)
I could make a quick flare to the ground and land like a plane, sliding on the runway... the rotor came to an immediate stop, though. Faster than any rotor brake...

Is this behavior normal ? It seems to me the rotor stops way to fast.
Also, in the two first cases described above, I sometimes get the impression the flight model transitions are not smooth, a bit like the Razbam Harrier transitions from normal flight to vtol, see what I mean ?
But this is also the only realistic helicopter I have in my hangar right now, so I can't compare with anything...

joe bob
December 3rd, 2016, 00:18
Any one know if it is possible to switch to ground idle or roll the throttle off. I get nose creep in yaw when sitting still.

Flapsfull
December 3rd, 2016, 02:44
Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread and am thinking about buying the Gazelle as well.However I have a question to those who
already fly it:
Is it possible to have the pitch and roll flight director bars completely removed from view on the attitude indicator?
On every screenshot of this product that I saw, they always seem to be displayed even with apparently no mode selected?

I find this a bit distracting,as most FD systems I know disappear from view if no modes are selected and center with flags
only when a loss of electric power occurs.
However I 'm not that familiar with this specific aircraft and could be modelled acc the real specs.

Anyhow it would be nice if someone could provide some short info on this.

Kind regards,

Oliver

conver
December 3rd, 2016, 04:28
Hello everyone!

That's a lot of questions for this small helicopter. But I'm glad that you like it guys.
Airtrooper:
Westland Gazelle is still on the cards. We are a little busy with Guimbal Cabri G2 right now.

Daube:
That jumping of a helicopter is called "Translational Lift" effect. More about it you can read hear and find out why your gazelle is jumping:
http://www.copters.com/aero/translational.html
Helicopter pilots, during transition from a hover flight to progressive, reduce collective pitch a little bit to avoid this effect.
It is hard to fly sideways with helicopters which has a vertical stabilizer like this one... Lift produced by this stabilizer makes a rotating moment over your vertical axis and turns helicopter in direction of move.
Reasonnable speed for autorotation for this helicopter is between 120 - 140 km/h, you have to read flight manual before entering into autorotation state.
1. Establish airspeed between 120-140 km/h
2. Reduce your collective - full down position
3. Pull fuel flow lever (yellow lever back)
4. Maintain airspeed
5. If descent rate is to high or your rotor RPM goes out of green arc, rise collective lever a bit.
6. Start flare around 30 meters of height.
7. Do not overpitch helicopter. 15 degree is more then enough if you have a good technique.
8. Airspeed below 50km/h, push your cyclic stick level helicopter with rising collective lever to prevent helicopter fall

Joe Bob:
Yes you can get your engine to idle. Just pull your yellow lever (fuel flow lever) into back position.

Flapsfull:
It's normal for this helicopter to see G/S and LOC no matter if you have electric power on or off.
They indicates pilot that are not operable, but if you select proper VOR frequency or ILS frequency flags will disappear (also turn on Localizer mode switch) and of course they will be shown when electric power is off.
Here is a screenshot for you with an ILS approach without warning flags:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45002&stc=1

Flapsfull
December 3rd, 2016, 04:35
Hello Conver,

thank you very much for your very quick feedback on my question, even with attached pictures!

Excellent.

One last question, besides the cockpit layout and variant-specific differences
are the helicopter flight dynamics modelled equally detailed for both the SA342 and the SOKOL Gazelle?
I mean the effects of translational lift,yaw due to rotor torque etc..

Thank you very much again for your answer .

Kind regards,

Oliver

conver
December 3rd, 2016, 05:04
Yes!
It's even better!
A lot of new features are added.
Check this out:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45005&stc=1

speedy70
December 3rd, 2016, 07:03
Flapsfull.
I bought the sale mostar sokol gazelle and it is nowhere near as good as the full version which I have now bought as well.

Buy the full version and don't waste 8.50 euros on the mostar one.

Cheers Chris

Flapsfull
December 3rd, 2016, 08:19
Conver and Speedy,

roger .Thanks again very much for the quick&informative replies!

Kind regards,

Oliver

Manschy
December 3rd, 2016, 11:05
Flapsfull.
I bought the sale mostar sokol gazelle and it is nowhere near as good as the full version which I have now bought as well.

Buy the full version and don't waste 8.50 euros on the mostar one.

Cheers Chris

Bought the sales version two hours ago and just read this - what a disappointment :sorrow:

speedy70
December 3rd, 2016, 13:18
Please Please can somebody do a British army air corps repaint.There are stacks of pictures of them on the net.

Cheers chris

jeansy
December 3rd, 2016, 15:04
Please Please can somebody do a British army air corps repaint.There are stacks of pictures of them on the net.

Cheers chris

sorry Chris ive had look at the textures and paintkit, im not going to do any paints for this in the short term

speedy70
December 3rd, 2016, 16:07
So Conver who is going to paint my British army air corps repaint, or are you going to improve the paint kit.It seems like it aint too good as nobody has rushed forward with paints and Jeansy says he will not be doing any paints with it any time soon.

Cheers Chris

jeansy
December 4th, 2016, 00:12
So Conver who is going to paint my British army air corps repaint, or are you going to improve the paint kit.It seems like it aint too good as nobody has rushed forward with paints and Jeansy says he will not be doing any paints with it any time soon.

Cheers Chris

Chris, the model isnt impossible to paint however it yields unsatisfactory results and overall its disappointing , Ive started this one but im giving up as its taking too long to find all the bits and pieces, due to current format of the paint kit the lack of spec mapping, im not going to waste anymore time on this

And I wouldnt call the paint kit exactly HD

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/12/04/2016-12-4_18-35-54-417.png

conver
December 4th, 2016, 02:47
Hello!

Speedy70:
Why you don't wait Westland version to come out? it's much suitable to get that paint scheme on Westland version then Aerospatile.
We have created that livery by special request of Scott Hewson, presenter of "The Gazelle Squadron Display Team" but didn't plan to publish them.

Jeansy:
Yes, your result is very bad.
If PaintKit is complex it doesn't mean that it is bad. It gives you a very open hands to do whatever you want with paint job.

Anyone tried sling load operations? It's fun... :running:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45040&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45042&stc=1

MDIvey
December 4th, 2016, 05:43
got both addons and like very much. Look forward to Westland version.

Matt

DaveB
December 4th, 2016, 05:56
If you ever finish your 'very bad' RAF paint Jeansy.. I'll be up for a copy;)

ATB

Rebo
December 4th, 2016, 07:33
Hello everyone!

That's a lot of questions for this small helicopter. But I'm glad that you like it guys.
Airtrooper:
Westland Gazelle is still on the cards. We are a little busy with Guimbal Cabri G2 right now.

Daube:
That jumping of a helicopter is called "Translational Lift" effect. More about it you can read hear and find out why your gazelle is jumping:
http://www.copters.com/aero/translational.html
Helicopter pilots, during transition from a hover flight to progressive, reduce collective pitch a little bit to avoid this effect.
It is hard to fly sideways with helicopters which has a vertical stabilizer like this one... Lift produced by this stabilizer makes a rotating moment over your vertical axis and turns helicopter in direction of move.
Reasonnable speed for autorotation for this helicopter is between 120 - 140 km/h, you have to read flight manual before entering into autorotation state.
1. Establish airspeed between 120-140 km/h
2. Reduce your collective - full down position
3. Pull fuel flow lever (yellow lever back)
4. Maintain airspeed
5. If descent rate is to high or your rotor RPM goes out of green arc, rise collective lever a bit.
6. Start flare around 30 meters of height.
7. Do not overpitch helicopter. 15 degree is more then enough if you have a good technique.
8. Airspeed below 50km/h, push your cyclic stick level helicopter with rising collective lever to prevent helicopter fall

Joe Bob:
Yes you can get your engine to idle. Just pull your yellow lever (fuel flow lever) into back position.

Flapsfull:
It's normal for this helicopter to see G/S and LOC no matter if you have electric power on or off.
They indicates pilot that are not operable, but if you select proper VOR frequency or ILS frequency flags will disappear (also turn on Localizer mode switch) and of course they will be shown when electric power is off.
Here is a screenshot for you with an ILS approach without warning flags:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45002&stc=1

Good to hear,that you are still working on the Cabri G2 :)

conver
December 4th, 2016, 07:40
Yes!
We hope that Cabri G2 is going to be available until the end of this year!
He is going well for now... :running:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45059&stc=1

speedy70
December 4th, 2016, 07:49
Hi Jeansy.
The same for me I would love a copy of your repaint ,bad, finished or whatever.
Hi Conver
When do you expect to release the westland then?

Cheers Chris

jeansy
December 4th, 2016, 14:59
If you ever finish your 'very bad' RAF paint Jeansy.. I'll be up for a copy;)

ATB

sorry mate, ive uninstalled the lot and wont be revisiting it, the painting templates arent my cup of tea and i'm not going to waste my time for something that looks and feels incomplete

maybe if they add spec mapping and revisit the way its mapped, but for now, im not interested this addon

DaveB
December 4th, 2016, 23:27
A damned shame mate but understood. A huge part of any addon is the ability for it to be repainted and if you're having issues with the PK, there is little hope for the rest of us. As I mentioned earlier, I can't even open the kit without errors (undoubtedly the groups) and I don't see a future in anything that can't be repainted.

Atb
DaveB :)

spatialpro
December 4th, 2016, 23:51
Oh boy, I had no idea spec maps weren't included! This really needs to be fixed! Surely Service Packs for the already released versions and add specs to any forthcoming models.

conver
December 5th, 2016, 06:27
Hi!
Speedy70:
It will be released right after Cabri G2. Very soon, it's almost over.

DaveB:
Don't give a people a false alarm, paint kit opens well, check this out:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45082&stc=1

I don't understand why so many critics and accusations for PaintKit?
I have achieved fantastic results.
Anyone who wants to work he will roll up his sleeves and do it right with this PaintKit.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45083&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45084&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45085&stc=1

DaveB
December 5th, 2016, 06:42
Conver..

The paintkit won't open without errors IN THE PROGRAM I USE.. Photoshop Elements. YOU can't help that and I certainly can't.

Nice RN paint but the red is too dark matey;) The colour you see in jeansy's screenshot is where you should be;)
ATB

conver
December 5th, 2016, 07:07
This repaint was just a 30 minutes play... It's not even so detail as jeansy's.
Just want it to show that repaint is possible with released PaintKit. :wavey:

jeansy
December 5th, 2016, 17:27
Sorry mate, i know your proud of your work and thats understandable

If other people want to paint it, go for it, for what i want to do, im not happy with my end product as a result of the model mapping

The overall package was not for me and im going to leave it at that

DaveB
December 6th, 2016, 00:24
I'll have to make do with my EC130 'knock-off' then..

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/culdrosetfc.jpg
:biggrin-new:
ATB

JACN
December 6th, 2016, 09:41
Hi all,

After several hours testing this new helo my impressions are very satisfying, however Iīve found several issues that have reduced my initial expectations a little bit:

1) The main and anti-torque rotor RPMs seem to not be affected by torque. Actually, they seem to be "glued" in the Green band no matter the agressive manoeuvre performed or collective input...they always stay the same: no rpm drop = no lift loss (and, of course, no helo damage). This allows a (in my opinion) very unrealistic manoeuvring capabilities well beyond the real machine limits.

2) I find impossible to accelerate beyond 250 km/h...in a 90š dive!!. I have performed different tests and the aircraft stabilizes at about 260 km/h in a 2000m (6000 ft) completely vertical dive. Obviously, itīs imposible to find any high speed roll tendency.

3) Translation lift. Beyond 60-80km/h the lift increment tendency is negligible. While this can be a p3d/fsx limitation, itīs a pitty that it has been modeled only partially or in a reduced region of the flight envelope...

While 2) and 3) could be considered "minor" issues (well, not really), in my opinion 1) is in the big ones list if a realistic recreation is the target. Personally, I could live without a 100% realistic start-up sequence or an autopilot...but I could not with an aircraft that can be flown like if provided with an unlimited power.

Perhaps I am the only one experiencing these issues... :[

conver
December 7th, 2016, 23:47
Mine accelerates fine, even with smaller dive angle, here is a screenshot.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45157&stc=1
Did anyone tried to test autopilot according to a real flight manual? Pitch, Roll, Yaw channel and flight controls behavior... :encouragement:

JACN
December 8th, 2016, 00:15
Mine accelerates fine, even with smaller dive angle, here is a screenshot.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45157&stc=1
:encouragement:

Well, in my case I didn't tried a vertical dive from 20,000 ft.... ;-)

Seriously, 300 km/h as 'terminal speed' for those conditions is an unrealistic value. It looks like there's a scripted limit somewhere in the FDs in terms of Cd.

However, as I said, the glued rotor RPMs is a more corcerning issue to me.

conver
December 9th, 2016, 22:59
Review is out on SimReviews: :encouragement:

http://www.simreviews.com/2016/12/08/mp-design-studio-aerospatiale-sa-342-gazelle/

hae5904
December 10th, 2016, 07:26
Great model, though it does has it vices... I miss the option to remove the doors (yes all 4 of them). During my service years I'd seen enough ALAT Gazelles flying with no doors. :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Hank

conver
December 12th, 2016, 01:20
We remove doors only if we have to drop parachuters! :wiggle:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45270&stc=1

spatialpro
December 12th, 2016, 08:24
I have to agree, an option to remove the doors would be ace! Perhaps on the forthcoming Westland AH1?

That plus everything I mentioned here would be ace! :icon29: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?100881-New-payware-gazelle-for-FsX&p=1045545&viewfull=1#post1045545

spatialpro
December 14th, 2016, 08:37
Review is out on SimReviews: :encouragement:

http://www.simreviews.com/2016/12/08/mp-design-studio-aerospatiale-sa-342-gazelle/

That is a glowing review!

I've got to say I concur with a lot of it (as far as my experience goes).

I think she looks, sounds, operates and flies a dream and she has become my default helicopter in FS. Definitely my favorite! :applause:

I highly recommend it.

DaveB
December 14th, 2016, 09:54
Well.. I didn't agree with all of it.. especially the comment about there would be loads of repaints. Thus far, I've not seen a single repaint on any of the main sites.:pop4:

ATB

jeansy
December 14th, 2016, 13:29
Yup

I find forums a better source for an un biased review

Heaven forbid if a review site is given a free copy of a product and a script

speedy70
December 14th, 2016, 14:28
Very biased report in my opinion and awarding 12 out of 10 is just plain stupid.

I too am awaiting for all the repaints but so far not one.

Cheers Chris

conver
December 16th, 2016, 10:58
Some autorotations: :jump:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87061082/Auto%20Rotation3.mp4

and... sun light chasing:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45378&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45379&stc=1

Flapsfull
December 16th, 2016, 12:03
Conver,

slight disgression , but can I ask where you took the second screenshot with the armee de terre repaint?
The one with the jungle and palm trees in the surroundings. Is it an addon scenery?

Kind regards,

Oliver

conver
December 17th, 2016, 23:55
Hi flapsfull!

That livery (armee de terre ) is included in add-on.

About scenery:
it is an add-on scenery but can't remember which one actually is. I have to check.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45445&stc=1

conver
December 21st, 2016, 12:06
Here is a video of included Ground Resonance Effect:

https://youtu.be/yvbVi8tEY3k

spatialpro
December 21st, 2016, 12:25
Brilliant! :applause:

conver
December 27th, 2016, 06:32
Yes, it is :)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45709&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45710&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45711&stc=1

conver
January 22nd, 2017, 05:49
Livery pack is coming out soon! :applause:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46542&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46543&stc=1

speedy70
February 1st, 2017, 09:43
Still no repaints or the new Westland model.

The Cabri G2 was supposed to be released at the end of last year.

Any news Conver?

Cheers Chris

conver
February 7th, 2017, 13:50
Hi Chris!

Cabri G2 is ready, but we had to stop for a moment. Meanwhile there is a big surprise coming out.
Don't worry, we didn't forgot Westland version of Gazelle.

narah
March 30th, 2017, 02:59
Is this a joke, smiley missing ??? Otherwise just dispensable. Jeansy doing superb repaints

Hello!

Speedy70:
Why you don't wait Westland version to come out? it's much suitable to get that paint scheme on Westland version then Aerospatile.
We have created that livery by special request of Scott Hewson, presenter of "The Gazelle Squadron Display Team" but didn't plan to publish them.

Jeansy:
---> Yes, your result is very bad. <--

If PaintKit is complex it doesn't mean that it is bad. It gives you a very open hands to do whatever you want with paint job.

Anyone tried sling load operations? It's fun... :running:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45040&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45042&stc=1

DaveB
March 30th, 2017, 06:20
That was posted 9months ago mate and is long forgotten.. as is the Gazelle by Jeansy;)

ATB

speedy70
April 4th, 2017, 07:38
Well Conver nothing heard about the Westland,the repaints and the release of the Cabri.

This is becoming very sad and a poor reflection on keeping ones word.

Cheers Chris

jeansy
April 4th, 2017, 21:30
Theyre developing a S55 at the moment

Im hoping the texture mapping and layout is a huge improvement over the Gazelle

DaveB
April 5th, 2017, 07:14
Are they really?? :O Is this the big surprise that was announced I wonder?

ATB

Flapsfull
April 5th, 2017, 12:59
Seems so Dave, (though I ' m not entirely sure if your comment was meant ironically - if so, sorry ) :

Single preview screenshot here:

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/3/22/mp-design-working-on-the-uh-19s-55-cabri-g2

Kind regards,

Oliver

DaveB
April 5th, 2017, 14:09
Ah.. I see. No irony intended. Trying to fathom why they stopped the release of one to announce work on another unless they want to release them all at the same time:dizzy: I'm sure they have their reasons. Interesting to read the Gazelle's FD wasn't particularly well received at Air Daily.

ATB

jeansy
April 5th, 2017, 22:51
Dave, one thing Ive noticed when it comes to the gazelle here and hovercontrol

the main poster in each of the threads here and there is the developer

besides him there are very few post of absolute praise from forum users both here and HC

I could be wrong and more than likely is wrong but im getting the impression hes not happy with the response or lack of from his posts

and has decided bugger it, just develop and release there is no point in posting because im not hearing or seeing what I want that makes warm and fuzzy on the inside

like i said I could be wrong and more than likely is wrong, but due to the lack of overwhelming possessive feedback on this and other sites I get that feeling

on another note helisimmer is where I saw the post about s55, HOWEVER they gave him 9/10 for nearly everything on the gazelle (i dont know how )except FDE which was 4/10, which was well worth the read of the replies

https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/mp-design-studio-gazelle-update-fsx-p3d/

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/new-screenshots-mp-design-studio-uh-19s-55-fsx-p3d/

DaveB
April 6th, 2017, 01:41
I think you probably are right mate. I note on the Helisimmer review that the reviewers 'area of expertise' (if I can call it that) was the FD and this was his main area of concentration. He did a fair job on it too it has to be said but an equal depth of focus on the other areas would have seen the overall score lower.

I've just checked Flightsim.com and there's still not a single repaint there for it!!
ATB

spatialpro
April 6th, 2017, 03:20
I have to say I take my hat off in respect to any developer, but especially those working solo (which I believe Conver is?). Mastering 3DS Max, the FDE and C++ programming, not to mention getting one's head around the SDK, is a feat in itself. Bringing it all together on a single project and actually "finishing and completing" to put it on sale is a big ask. To butcher Foreigner's original lyrics, "I've been waiting for a Gazelle like you to come into my life" for years and now she is here I'm very happy. I was still holding out for Cyril Pioffet to complete the transformation of his freeware Gazelle for FSX, but in it's absence I was glad to be able to buy MP Design's instead.

I'm very eager to see the Westland Gazelle AH1 model released (the chopper I've spent most time aloft in IRL, together with the AS350 Squirrel), but arguably this is the most complex version given the number of different options and modifications which have occurred over the years (including a mod happening now, to keep the AH1 in service for a few more years. It changes the panel quite a bit). I was thinking of starting to build a freeware Westland AH1 myself, and have been collecting material for a while, but time and ability (lack there of!) have prohibited it!

I believe Conver might be an owner and operator of his own Gazelle (?), plus I know he is in conversation with the Gazelle Display Team here in the UK regarding the modelling of the Westland variant. These two things bode well in my mind.

One final thing, the release of MP Designs Gazelle is very timely... as the design is celebrating its 50th Anniversary. To commemorate the occasion there is a special Fly-In at AAC Middle Wallop this Saturday. Tickets are Ģ15. I wouldn't miss it for the world! See you all there??!! :wavey:

https://www.armyflying.com/media/1468/gazelle-50-fly-in.jpg?width=500&height=333.53922174181594

spatialpro
April 6th, 2017, 03:32
FYI if interested in the Gazelle 50th at AAC Middle Wallop:

http://www.threshold.aero/events/fly-in/gazelle-50th-anniversary-commemorative-fly-in

http://www.threshold.aero/sites/default/files/2017-02/header4.jpg

LouP
September 11th, 2017, 07:27
Just got this one. Does anyone know if there were ever any repaints done for her?

LouP

speedy70
September 11th, 2017, 08:30
No afraid not.It was a bone of contention and paints were promissed but never materialised.
The paint kit was ,according to many painters ,very poor.
The builder promised paints as well but that never happened either.

Cheers Chris

speedy70
March 17th, 2018, 09:30
We are still waiting for the promised Westland version.

Cheers Chris

doublecool
March 23rd, 2018, 14:59
Funny how paints will make or break some aircraft

Don't under estimate the artists we have here, and how they can help sales

Cause they is good :wavey: folk around here.

speedy70
March 23rd, 2018, 18:14
But broken promises can break not only a product but a developer.

All of Convers promises have been broken.

Cheers Chris

ferondoe
March 23rd, 2018, 23:57
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59191&stc=1
a little for fun
https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/11/50/01/05/screen39.jpg (https://servimg.com/view/11500105/2713)
Marty

FREDDO
May 27th, 2018, 13:05
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59191&stc=1
a little for fun
https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/11/50/01/05/screen39.jpg (https://servimg.com/view/11500105/2713)
Marty

Hi ferondoe

I was looking for other texture for my gazelle MP DESIGN but without success .... would you offer me?
I work a lot with Gazelle in the real world.
I thank you in advance.

FREDDO

ZsoltB
December 9th, 2019, 07:55
Livery pack is coming out soon! :applause:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46542&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46543&stc=1

Hi,

When will be available the livery pack?

Thank you,