PDA

View Full Version : New Question About the A(B)-26K?

rdaniell
November 24th, 2016, 16:28
I seem to remember that John Terrell also updated the model sometime after his initial release so the pilots were wearing helmets instead of baseball caps.
Does anyone reading this post know where I can find that modification if it exists?

Thanks..

RD

WarHorse47
November 24th, 2016, 17:26
I don't recall. But if I find it, I'll let you know.

For the record, I have four aircraft folders for the B-26 for FS9 and FSX.

"a26_soh" is the original aircraft for the B and C models. "B-26K" is for the B-26K, of course. There is a modified LAS version in another folder, and the last is for the On Mark Marksman. And as I mentioned in another post these were ported over to FSX from my FS9 install.

BTW - I just did a search in our library and there are still a lot of the original downloads for the B-26 include installs for FS9 and FSX. I refined my search for files by Bomber_12th, and didn't see any updates on the pilots. Perhaps the update might be in a thread somewhere?

rdaniell
November 24th, 2016, 18:04
I don't recall. But if I find it, I'll let you know. For the record, I have four aircraft folders for the B-26 for FS9 and FSX. "a26_soh" is the original aircraft for the B and C models. "B-26K" is for the B-26K, of course. There is a modified LAS version in another folder, and the last is for the On Mark Marksman. And as I mentioned in another post these were ported over to FSX from my FS9 install.

BTW - I just did a search in our library and there are still a lot of the original downloads for the B-26 include installs for FS9 and FSX. I refined my search for files by Bomber_12th, and didn't see any updates on the pilots. Perhaps the update might be in a thread somewhere?

Thank you for your searching. Should you ever come across the pilot mods, I would appreciate a HU.

I also did a search here out the Outhouse. Like you I didn't find any pilot mods but, I did find and download a couple repaints. One is particular was a "matte" finish by Gman 5250 which better suits my desire to have a "stripped" CIA version.

RD

WarHorse47
November 24th, 2016, 19:48
Okay. I think I found it.

All of my B-26K models include the file 'b26k_pilots.bmp' which contains a Korean era flight suit and white helmet.

My guess is that its part of the standard install as the file only shows with the K model.

Guess I need to take a closer look at my own screenshots. :adoration:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/2016-11-24_21-0-54-357_zpsrekxzlen.jpg

rdaniell
November 24th, 2016, 21:41
Okay. I think I found it. All of my B-26K models include the file 'b26k_pilots.bmp' which contains a Korean era flight suit and white helmet. My guess is that its part of the standard install as the file only shows with the K model. Guess I need to take a closer look at my own screenshots. :adoration:

Thank You. I did a search of my hard drive for that file and found it. I also did a search here at the Outhouse for:

B-26K Counter Invader Update V1.1

I haven't installed it yet but, I think you have to have this whole update installed for the new pilot texture to work. If that works, there will be no further update here from me. Thanks again WarHorse47.
RD

Blackbird686
November 25th, 2016, 04:25
Not that it has any bearing... but there was also an update for the B-26K pilot(s) by Javis... assuming that the screenshot above is the SOH model for FS9 by John Terrell.

BB686:US-flag:

rdaniell
November 25th, 2016, 04:47
Not that it has any bearing... but there was also an update for the B-26K pilot(s) by Javis... assuming that the screenshot above is the SOH model for FS9 by John Terrell. BB686:US-flag:

Javis' pilot figure is the one included with credit to him in John's B-26K Counter Invader Update V1.1. It can be found right here at the Outhouse.

RD

WarHorse47
November 25th, 2016, 05:59
Javis' pilot figure is the one included with credit to him in John's B-26K Counter Invader Update V1.1. It can be found right here at the Outhouse.

RDAnyone looking for this needs to go to the library and do a search for "counter invader" and it will come up under Bomber_12th. It's an FS9 model, but did port-over to FSX with the typical fixes (glass, etc.) if I recall.

awstub
November 26th, 2016, 07:20
Would this be a decent candidate for getting Tacpacked?

If so, it would be a great fit for the FSX@War Southeast Asia Theater.