PDA

View Full Version : How to create severe thunderstorms in FSX? HELPPPP!!!!

menef
November 23rd, 2016, 07:10
Hi mates! FSX default thunderstorms are simply funny ( I mean :
lot of blue sky still in sight and cumolonimbus like cotton-bows).
Without buying pay stuff is there any way to create a more serious
bad weather ( I mean : darkness and covered sky +heavy rain and
lightnings) ?
Thank you

dvj
November 23rd, 2016, 07:52
Hi mates! FSX default thunderstorms are simply funny ( I mean :
lot of blue sky still in sight and cumolonimbus like cotton-bows).
Without buying pay stuff is there any way to create a more serious
bad weather ( I mean : darkness and covered sky +heavy rain and
lightnings) ?
Thank you

Try customizing your weather in FSX. Wind, turbulence, cloud density and elevation range. There is a thunderstorm selection for clouds in the weather customization menu. Time of day and season will also change the lighting conditions.

manfredc3
November 23rd, 2016, 07:53
Don't know about any freeware weather engine to accomplish what you are looking for.

I use Active Sky Next, and it's amazing what weather conditions you can end up in.

dvj
November 23rd, 2016, 08:00
Try customizing your weather in FSX. Wind, turbulence, cloud density and elevation range. There is a thunderstorm selection for clouds in the weather customization menu. Time of day and season will also change the lighting conditions.

I would still recommend add on weather like REX or Active Sky. You can customize and get interesting results

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/11/24/weather.jpg
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/11/24/vtailandclouds.jpg

Aharon
November 23rd, 2016, 10:01
DVJ,

The last screenshot is heck of shot!!!

Anyway, unfortunately the original poster asks for freeware, not payware.

Menef, just use your FSX default settings to increase and enhance cloud settings like I did.

OR for cheap price, buy REX Clouds software.

Remember the holiday selling season starts tomorrow and all softwares offer FAT discounts for add ons.

Regards,

Aharon

lazarus
November 23rd, 2016, 11:08
Go into weather, custom, advanced settings. Turn cloud coverage up, visibility down, precip and rain to max, add some wind, cloud and vis layers, watch frame rates plummet. Stuff a towel in the up stairs dunny, jam the handle and turn on all the taps for torrential monsoon realism.
One can also attach a truck battery (28V!) to the nips with jumper cables for added 'lightning strike' realism, though that might be going too far...:biggrin-new: though the jumpers do a great job of providing 'flying for a living' realism.

menef
November 23rd, 2016, 12:44
Ok. Thank you for all your tips!! Having already tried with FSX weather settings and being not very happy with them I'm starting
to consider something payware ( Active sky seems to be very good
and without FPS drops after having read some feedbacks in the web). Ok! Thank you to all of you and always HAPPY LANDINGS:triumphant: