PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland suggestion

big-mike
November 22nd, 2016, 08:16
Hi guys,
if you think about buying Geneva and Zürich from FSDT at 30% off the regular price,and you don`t have the Switzerland Professionel scenery,
then you should buy MegaSceneryEarth 2.0Switzerland from PcAviator Aus. for AUD$16,48 and dl the freeware Autogen Pack from this Site.

http://www.f-bmpl.com/

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/product.php?productid=19932&cat=716&page=1

I am surprised,how good this looks.
Mike

scotth6
November 22nd, 2016, 23:11
Not to toot my own horn (HONK!:biggrin-new:) but I have also created a freeware PR of France which also includes all of Switzerland.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/25250-france-photoreal-scenery/

If you only wanted Switzerland, then you could just download FrancePR_12N_Pt2 through to FrancePR_22N_Pt2, only downloading the part 2 files, as they cover the East section of the scenery. Of course if you want all of France too then you can download it all.

Good idea Mike. I have FSDT's Geneva - and it's an excellent scenery. I am looking at getting Memphis while the sale is on too.

I would also agree that checking out the F-BMPL website is a great idea for many scenery addons. There is also autogen, VFR scenery (3D Models) and airports available for France.

Cheers,

big-mike
November 23rd, 2016, 09:25
AArgh----should have known this before.
Is there any difference between MegaScenery and the Autogen
and your scenery?
Mike

scotth6
November 23rd, 2016, 21:50
AArgh----should have known this before.
Is there any difference between MegaScenery and the Autogen
and your scenery?
Mike

Hi Mike,

To be honest I'm not really sure about any differences. I have never tried Megascenery Switzerland. I can tell you that mine is 1m per pixel resolution, resampled from a source of 60cm per pixel, and includes watermasking. Both sceneries should be similar as they are based on satellite/aerial photos. If there is any difference in positioning it would only be minute, or even negligible.

Cheers,

Mejborn
November 23rd, 2016, 23:54
Maybe the very best would be to make your own free photoscenery using FSET
I just had a look in FSET and it seems that BING has very good consistant tiles for Switzerland. A bit dark, but very sharp. I would do a 1m. resolution and a 80% compression which will leave you with a reasonably sized scenery (My guess would be some 20gb) If you can live with lakes and rivers you cant land on, then the tiles (images) are even good for the water, meaning that you dont have to make watermasks etc, which is very timeconsuming.

There´s a ton of difference in quality in photoscenery. The resolution (0.5 1, 2 or more meters) is important but not that much. What maters is the image quality. You can find a lot of 1m aerial/satellite images that are more or less useless. Another important factor is the consistancy of the aerial images. Many are very patchy and with change of colors and seasons.
The Megasceneryearth V2 that I have seen are IMHO not very good and sometimes even very poor.

Unfortunately it is so that photoscenery is only nice in some few areas of the world. In the rest, I personally prefer something else.

big-mike
November 24th, 2016, 06:22
Thanks,Scott.

Mejborn,you are right with the quality of MSE.
I am not a fan of photoreal sceneries,but i thought to try Switzerland with the FSDT airports and the Autogen.
It`s not so bad,will have some more flights and see,if i keep it or not.
Mike