PDA

View Full Version : For N5KPK....Regarding the P-40

Rami
November 21st, 2016, 04:39
Cliff,

You commented in the PM you sent me about your desire to have the Curtiss P-40 be easier to trim. Here's how you can tweak it...

In the P-40 aircraft folder, open the aircraft.cfg with a text editor, such as notepad. (Note...If you're running a Windows 7 or newer system, have the user account control feature in the control panel, usually under "User accounts" turned off)

Look for this section...

[flight_tuning]
cruise_lift_scalar=1
parasite_drag_scalar=1
induced_drag_scalar=1
elevator_effectiveness=1
aileron_effectiveness=1
rudder_effectiveness=1
pitch_stability=1
roll_stability=1
yaw_stability=1
elevator_trim_effectiveness=1
aileron_trim_effectiveness=1
rudder_trim_effectiveness=1

"1" represents the default value. If you decease it below one, such as 0.75, you reduce the drag, lift, or effectiveness of the control surfaces. If you increase it above 1, such as 1.25, you increase drag, lift, or the effectiveness of the control surfaces.

Now, make sure to make a backup in case you really mass something up, but if you want to make her easier to trim, you can either increase the trim effectiveness, or slightly reduce the effectiveness of the control surfaces. However, dulling them will also potentially reduce the aircraft's maneuverability in combat, so if you must choose, choose wisely.

N5KPK
November 21st, 2016, 05:59
Appreciate the info. I will first try adjusting controller sensitivities and see if I can find that sweet spot. That's always worked in the past in FS.

Cliff, N5KPK