PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Sprint Cup Homestead

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2016, 14:26
Well...That was interesting!
At least Carl apologized and told Joey to "go get it!"

PRB
November 20th, 2016, 14:32
Yep. Wow. Carl Edwards is a class act. Now I'm pulling for the 48...

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2016, 15:15
CONGRATS TO THE #48 TEAM!!!
They are now with the biggest of the "big dawgs" in NASCAR....

EasyEd
November 20th, 2016, 17:39
Hey All,

I didn't track xfinity this year but Suarez seems to be a good driver - congrats to Daniel. Also really good to see the first non-American to ever win the Xfinity championship is from Mexico...

Now Sprint Cup...

Congrats Jimmie - I never doubted it would happen at some point. Winning this year is great so he'll have many more opportunities to get number 9. Why 9? Well That would put Chad ahead of Dale Inman who won 8 - 7 with Richard one with Texas Terry. Seems only fitting that Jimmie and Chad become the greatest duo ever. That said Jimmie getting it done today with the worst car of the final four drivers is great. Events played out perfect. Carl messin up like Carl always does - sad that it messed up Joey. Joey not having the car he had earlier in the race thanks to Carl. Carl racin Kyle hard so Kyle didn't have tires at the end and Kyle pittin to get tires and nobody else goin with him so he lost too much track position. So Jimmie with the weakest car wins number 7. Sometimes you just have some luck on your side.

Hopefully Jimmie can go out and get 8 and 9 real soon...

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2016, 18:38
Sometimes you just have some luck on your side.

-Ed-
As Cazzie used to say about Jimmie's "horse shoe"....:mixed-smiley-010:

b52bob
November 21st, 2016, 05:38
Been following Jimmy since his motorcycle days. Congrats to one of the best drivers of all time.

would have loved to see him kick ass in F1 but you need the big bucks to get a good ride.

eddie
November 21st, 2016, 13:42
Congrats to JJ, heck of a win! Just read that Biffle is done with Roush, will he move to another team, or just retire like Smoke?

Panther_99FS
November 21st, 2016, 17:19
Been following Jimmy since his motorcycle days. Congrats to one of the best drivers of all time.

would have loved to see him kick ass in F1 but you need the big bucks to get a good ride.

I think it would have been interesting to seem him do some pro 2-wheel stuff...

EasyEd
November 21st, 2016, 18:33
Hey All,

A few comments...

JMO Biffle - 19 years at Roush - anybody who lands a P51 as I recall upside down in a lake has no business tryin to run a NASCAR team - Biffle is a victim of that. Roush has never been been a real contender in NASCAR and I pity anybody who ever bought a Roush mustang. Greg is from Vancouver WA and I like to see west coast boys do well - Biffle is still really good just get him in a good car. Petty?

Jimmie - You know he started last in the field yesterday with the worst car - never passed a single other contender for the championship on the track under green and yet won the race and the championship - that is the talent of Jimmie Johnson...

Stewart Haas racing is going Ford - I don't blame them. It is getting harder and harder to win with Chevy. Harvick in a good Ford - well Jimmie may have a really hard time getting number 8.

Be interesting to see what other changes happen over the next 3 months.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 21st, 2016, 20:14
Stewart Haas racing is going Ford -

-Ed-
They are going to Ford purely to bring in Ford/Cosworth as an engine manufacturer for the Haas F1 program at a point some time in the future...

Roxane-21
November 21st, 2016, 22:45
Roush has never been been a real contender in NASCAR

Matt Kenseth, 2003 champion... on a Roush Ford.
Kurt Busch, 2004 champion... on a Roush Ford.
Mark Martin, 35 wins and 4-time championship runner-up (1990, 1994, 1998 and 2002)... on a Roush Ford.
Carl Edwards, 23 wins and 2-time championship runner-up (2008 and 2011)... on a Roush Ford.

Yes, Roush has not been a contender for a while, but don't say he never was.

wombat666
November 24th, 2016, 15:50

It's a sad fact of life that he's too old for F1.
Teenagers are the new fashion.
:banghead: