PDA

View Full Version : Milviz UH-1H AI Sea Trials Video

StormILM
November 17th, 2016, 16:40
A quick video of the Milviz UH-1H approach/landing/departure practice on the Visby Class Corvette. It handles quite well for landing on a deck this size. Also, please note the jerkiness of the video, this again due to the video processing. The flight was actually super smooth without the video programs running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQMJZTMjcwM

Victory103
November 17th, 2016, 16:51
Great job on the vid, what was the ship's speed?

StormILM
November 17th, 2016, 18:44
Great job on the vid, what was the ship's speed?

Thanks! Honestly I'm not sure what the speed of the ship was, I was eyes on it and not so much the airspeed indicator but it was certainly moving at pretty good clip.

BrittMac
November 17th, 2016, 20:42
Geez! That thing appears to be haulin' the mail!

Jeff, nice video, and I am happy to hear the Huey sounds. Now, do you think you will repeat that with the Dauphin?

Craig Taylor
November 18th, 2016, 18:18
My first hop in a helo was at Pensacola (don't remember which field, exactly) as a Midshipman in a Huey just like that. The master caution and fire warning lights were on the vertical instrument panel, as I recall, and they lit up (!) while I had the cyclic/collective. I remember that the pilot instructor immediately took over and put us down in someone's back yard. Then another Huey came in a picked us up. The homeowner seemed very understanding, and offered to call someone for us if we needed it (AAA?). It seemed like this sort of thing happened all the time. This was in 1983, and the helos dated back to the Vietnam era...and were Army cast-offs, apparently. This is how DoD stretches its budget.

EDIT: Great flying, Storm, and thanks for bringing back some fun memories!