PDA

View Full Version : Final Fall Weiss campaign package revision...

Rami
November 15th, 2016, 05:38
Hey guys,

As Baldy and UncleTgt worked through the Polish Aircraft involved in the September 1939 / Fall Weiss campaign, I took the opportunity to provide a final update for the Fall Weiss / September 1939 campaign package. All of the missions now use these new aircraft, with missions adjusted for payloads and any other modifications that were required.

This means that both sides to the campaign have high-quality, framerate-friendly player aircraft, making both sides equally fun to fly. Many thanks to our British partners in crime to providing justice for the Poles!

Sound packs and gauges were also included. I have now put this campaign to bed completely, because there is nothing else that can be done.

Next up is Menace, I'm just waiting for some panels.

UncleTgt
November 17th, 2016, 02:57
Wow, 153 views & no comments, what a crowd of spoon-feeders we've become :lemo:

Thanks Andrew, as you know the ETO is not really my cup of tea:subdued:, but I do appreciate the time & effort that you put in to making these packs almost "plug & play". Well done.:applause:

Rami
November 17th, 2016, 03:40
John,

As much as it frustrates me, I've decided not to react to lack of comments as a rule for two reasons. First, our numbers are small, so the last thing we need is for people to become hurt or offended over words, and second, people essentially vote by the click now, so I figure that the more people download, the happier they are.

Still, a hearty thank you is readily appreciated. I figured that since you and Baldy did the Polish aircraft at least in part because of my endless pleading, the least I could do would be to incorporate them.

I am aware that people crave the Pacific, but naval missions are not my favorite missions to make, primarily because I have a tendency to make them very complicated, and they thus become very time consuming. I would rather hand over the reins on that to Captain Kurt, Shadow Wolf 07, and Devildog73.

Stuart277, Skylane, and Kdriver have mission builder skills as well...perhaps they could use them more...(poke poke)

Yet in the same breath, I did the French West Africa carrier ops, and am working through some naval missions for Dombral as we speak. So I guess I just go where my "shiny red ball" mind takes me...

baldy
November 17th, 2016, 05:00
Hi Rami

Can't remember the last time I played a campaign but I've downloaded this to a new install and I'm showing myself up as to how rusty my combat skills are - got the reflexes of a snail - this may take a very long time

as it's a new install what do I need for the runways ?

Good work in putting it all together

baldy

Rami
November 17th, 2016, 05:02
As it's a new install what do I need for the runways?

Baldy,

I believe I included all of the objects required, as well as Achim's Polish airfields package, and set up the GSL. Could you be a little more specific as to what you are referring to?

baldy
November 17th, 2016, 05:57
Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing on take-off (on Polish side ) - got buildings and parked a/c and other stuff but no actual runways - or are they dispersed into the countryside ? - installation as per instructions - game works fine

baldy

Rami
November 17th, 2016, 06:15
Baldy,

Not sure, I'd need to see your scenery.cfg file and/or screenshots to see what yours looks like. I've got no problems on this end...

Rami
November 17th, 2016, 06:31
Mike,

You said on the Polish side that you couldn't see the runways...you did remember to add the entries for the scenery.cfg to your scenery.cfg file, correct?

baldy
November 17th, 2016, 06:52
panic over - brain failure - didn't activate scenery in scenery library in game -advancing years

baldy

Rami
November 17th, 2016, 07:00
Baldy,

I downloaded the installer and ran it just to make sure. Luckily I did include everything! :very_drunk:

baldy
November 17th, 2016, 07:10
I'm nitpicking now - I did have to download the TR_VN_Gato but,hell, got to do some of the work

great package, thanks

baldy

Rami
November 17th, 2016, 07:14
I'm nitpicking now - I did have to download the TR_VN_Gato but,hell, got to do some of the work

great package, thanks

baldy

Mike,

That spat with Tango_Romeo goes back years, but I can't include his stuff in my packs. It's a pain in the butt...you'll also need to download his Bf-110c from Simviation....use my files to overwrite the originals.

It's an even bigger headache when I use Collin's shipyard.

SPman
November 17th, 2016, 16:21
Rami - thanks for all your hard work on doing - then redoing these campaigns - it is much appreciated. I guess we do tend to take the prolific talented producers here a little bit for granted, but, all of you, if we are a little tardy in our praise sometimes, it's probably from astounded disbelief.......so much stuff...such good quality......we are truly spoilt with riches! :adoration:

N5KPK
November 19th, 2016, 13:27
First of all, thanks for your hard work in putting this all together, you and the fellows who built the a/c and all the other "stuff".

Ok, I can't even get out of the hangar with Fall Weiss. I give my fellow a name, click Next and Pffft straight to the desktop. Single missions...some work, some don't.

The first one, Dawn of the war above Poland tells me it has an error loading model PZL P11a. Well the P11a is present and accounted for so not sure what is going on.

The error.log: [Mission file error]
error=Unable to init unit 10410
title=Fall Weiss - Dawn of war above Poland
filename=C:\Combat Flight Simulator 2\MISSIONS\Fall Weiss 1

I'm no stranger to CFS2 or the FS world in general but I have been on about a 13yrs sabbatical so to speak. Any questions, ideas, etc appreciated.

N5KPK

quick edit to correct a grammatical error.

Rami
November 19th, 2016, 17:10
N5KPK,

This is very odd. If all the aircraft work, then the missions should work. I've been running off the installer files for the last few hours. There are gremlins in one of the Polish and one of the German missions that do not show up in Mission builder, but somehow prevent the mission from loading on the game side. It could be a missing effect for all I know.

I can't explain this one. Could you verify again that all of the aircraft in the installer work correctly in free flight? I need to rule out a Windows 7 panel issue...

Beyond that, I'll come back to this over my morning coffee. Sleep is beckoning...

N5KPK
November 19th, 2016, 18:29
Well, I have decided to nuke everything cfs2 related and reinstall. I don't mind doing this since the machine is just for these older games. It's running XP pro since I was having trouble getting some of the older games to run under 7. My 7 box is what I use for everything else. I'll begin with reinstalling scenery and related and go from there. Hopefully I'll have good news for you in the morning. Thanks for the help.

Cliff

Rami
November 20th, 2016, 02:08
Good morning,

I corrected one of the missions last night, the other one I couldn't figure out, so I spent the last hour rebuilding it from scratch. It works fine now. I'll attach the missions in this thread in a few hours.

Rami
November 20th, 2016, 04:23
Hello again,

The Polish missions are done, I will recheck the German missions when I return from services.

Rami
November 20th, 2016, 13:40
N5KPK,

Almost done with the Fall Weiss missions. I've been slowed down by the flu, and by having to take my mother to kidney dialysis tonight, She had her schedule altered this week because of the holiday so she can spend Thanksgiving at my house.

N5KPK
November 20th, 2016, 14:44
No need to hurry on my account, I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Hope all is well with your family and hope you get to feeling better soon. I feel like a turtle stampeding thru peanut butter installing scenery and related stuff. There has got to be an easier way to do this. I don't remember it being this much of a pain. I can't remember ever doing so much right-click, copy, right-click paste lol. Take your time. I'm not going anywhere. Thanks for your hard work. And a thank you the other fellows who build the a/c, design the scenery and the missions and all the other stuff.

Cliff, N5KPK

Rami
November 21st, 2016, 04:31
Cliff,

Here are a set of revised missions that should eliminate any issues, provided everything is installed correctly. I ended up having to rebuild one of the missions from scratch, because I could not find the error that was causing it not to load.

Let me know what other issues you run into, if any, and we'll go from there. If you give me the all-clear, I'll revise the package.

N5KPK
November 21st, 2016, 15:51
Thank you. Will try them as single missions first.

Cliff, N5KPK

Rami
November 22nd, 2016, 09:38
Hey guys.

I'm curious, because I've run out of ideas. Is anyone else having problems with Baldy's new Polish aircraft? A member who has been contacting me about the Fall Weiss campaign can't get the aircraft to work. I just downloaded the installers here and put them in my install, and for the life of me, I cannot reproduce his problem, because with the revised missions, all of them load normally. I also tested all of the aircraft from the installer, and they load normally.

At this point, I am completely perplexed, and could use any ideas.

baldy
November 22nd, 2016, 10:41
I did a completely new cfs2 install and installed the campaign to it using the auto-install - everything is working fine - my setup is windows 7 home premium

baldy

N5KPK
November 22nd, 2016, 10:47
For the benefit of those who might be following along I'll recap what Rami and I have been discussing in PM land.

" Installed using the installer then copied over your revised missions into the campaign folder and missions folder. Installed TR's Bf110 as indicated in the part 1 pdf. The scenery objects mentioned in the part 2 pdf are already installed. Attempted to begin a campaign from the German side. I'm at briefing screen. Click next to get started and I get the familiar unable to locate pzl 23b in the library message. Checked and it was there but not worded the same in the mission file. Renamed the mission file and still can't find it. Ended up having to rename the folder, air, mdl, dp files as pzl_23b karas and changed the wording in the model.cfg, and aircraft.cfg files to reflect this. Ok now I get past that plane and now it can't find pzl 37a los. There is no 37a los but there is a 37b. Left it alone and tried from the Polish side. Same thing. Tried different single missions both sides and can't find that 37a los airplane. One simply told me the mission file was corrupted: Zerstorers over Warsaw.
That's where I am now. "

I swapped the aircraft for mission 1 and it ran just fine.

Any ideas etc greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cliff, N5KPK

Rami
November 22nd, 2016, 10:53
Cliff,

Here's the odd thing....there's no way you should have to change the aircraft, because the mission names and aircraft names are in complete sync. I just downloaded the installers and ran it early this afternoon to triple-check. This is for Fall Weiss...

Here is Fall Weiss...

Rami
November 22nd, 2016, 10:55
And here is the Polish side...

Rami
November 22nd, 2016, 10:56
Cliff,

So it leads me to ask...where are you downloading the package from?

N5KPK
November 22nd, 2016, 10:58
Ok hopefully this one is easier to read.

Well...heck.

What would be the cause of these things randomly renaming themselves which is what appears to be happening?

Cliff

N5KPK
November 22nd, 2016, 11:04
Here. When I saw that you had revised it I grabbed it.

Cliff

N5KPK
November 22nd, 2016, 11:07
I'm going to uninstall it. Re-download the campaign and start over and see what happens then. We are gonna figure this out one way or another.

Cliff, N5KPK

N5KPK
November 22nd, 2016, 15:47
:banghead::dizzy: I don't know what the culprit was but after deleting/reinstalling it seems to be working. I only ran through mission one both sides but there were no issues. Perhaps corrupted during the download? I don't know but it's working so I'm happy. Lasted all of about 2 minutes in the air defending Poland but it's working. :dizzy:

Cliff, N5KPK

Devildog73
November 23rd, 2016, 03:48
Got it downloaded for future install and flight.

Gotta get the BPF - Meridian I & II, Iceberg I, Iceberg Oolong, Iceberg I Redux, Iceberg II, and TF 37 out of staging and into the air first....

Thanks for you hard work on this Polish campaign Rami! :very_drunk:

I am going to put mission building on hold once I complete BPF and get it uploaded so I can just fly all the campaigns that others have built during the years I have been involved building the BPF missions.

A stint in the ETO might give me some new scenery to destroy......:pop4: without going back to it again and again to "make it right" ... flying versus building.

Lee

Rami
November 23rd, 2016, 08:53
Hey guys,

N5KPK sent me a PM saying that he's having a small issue with Fall Weiss regarding a CTD on mission three that involves the Stuka's hitting of their targets. They are set to attack two stock American destroyers, and one of Pen32Win's landing craft, specifically this model: af_lci-g_1cl

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=42&id=7266

Is there anything in the .dp file of this ship that would consistently trigger a CTD? Or, would something as simple as forgetting to include the wake effect trigger it?

Rami
November 23rd, 2016, 08:56
N5KPK,

Try adding these effects to your install where Fall Weiss is: http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2/wakes/wakes.zip

If this works and prevents your CTD, then it's just one more example of how our beloved sim can drive you bat s*it crazy over the tiniest thing.

baldy
November 23rd, 2016, 10:20
just to add my two cent's worth --

Cliff , I notice in your screenie of the CFS2 Aircraft and mission utility ( posted yesterday 19.58 #29 )at the bottom of right hand column cfs2 aircraft hanger it says '101 aircrafts' - I would say that's the cause of your problems - the game can only handle 99 or less aircraft at any one time - you need Martin Wright's ACManager for easy management of your aircraft

might save you problems in future

baldy

N5KPK
November 23rd, 2016, 11:15
Just now saw this and no I don't have it installed. To bring the rest of y'all up to speed, Mission 3 German side was CTD as the Stukas were hitting the port. I thought perhaps there was a display issue so I slid all the sliders to the far left. Same thing. Hmm, maybe it's this one lone, brave Polish fighter that's the culprit. Decided to let him do his thing and all he does is fly into the fray, makes a left turn and heads out of town. I follow and once we're clear of the area, I bring him down. Able finish the mission. Hmm. I replay the mission this time with sliders to far right where they normally are. He comes in, does his thing and leave. I take him out outside of the area, able to finish the mission. Not being able to leave well enough alone, I replay and take him out at various places before he reaches the harbor. Able to finish the mission. Grrrr. :banghead: In other words, I have no freakin clue what the problem was. It CTD on me 4-5 times before I PMd Rami, then 3 more times afterwards. Now it wants to play nice. I'm beginning to think one of those gremlins from that Bugs Bunny cartoon is here and is up to his dia-bo-lical sab-o-tag-e.

Cliff

N5KPK
November 23rd, 2016, 11:17
Ya know I had forgotten about that. Thanks for the heads-up. That just might be the culprit. I'll grab that and we'll see what happens. Like I said in an earlier post, it's been a long time and I'm having to relearn some of the oddities and quirks.
Thanks

Cliff, N5KPK

Rami
November 23rd, 2016, 12:24
I'm beginning to think one of those gremlins from that Bugs Bunny cartoon is here and is up to his dia-bo-lical sab-o-tag-e. Cliff

Cliff,

IT AIN'T VENDEL VILKIE!!! :costumed-smiley-034

baldy
November 24th, 2016, 07:28
Just to slightly change the subject - does anyone know of a different texture for the Hs-123 in the package ?

baldy

Rami
November 24th, 2016, 14:29
Just to slightly change the subject - does anyone know of a different texture for the Hs-123 in the package ?

baldy

Baldy,

Here is an Eastern Front skin.

baldy
November 24th, 2016, 23:43
Thank you sir

baldy