PDA

View Full Version : Mind Of Its Own

Tom Burnside
November 14th, 2016, 07:39
I seem to be having problems with the Milviz F-100. I posted about a month back that I was having problems with their Phantom it kept on crashing everytime I clicked fly now. With the latest version that has been solved and I have been happily flying it. A couple of days ago I decided to see if I could make the ACM on the Phantom a bit bigger as I couldn't really read the writing. I changed the window size from 0.416 to 0.500 but that made a problem where the cockpit light would not turn on I put it straight back to 0.416 and everything worked fine all back to normal. But the F-100 seems to have a problem now where it wants to turn right whilst taxiing and whilst in the air. Would anyone know how to solve this?.

Duckie
November 14th, 2016, 08:52
1st thought is to check rudder trim and make sure it is set to zero or neutral.

Tom Burnside
November 14th, 2016, 11:15
1st thought is to check rudder trim and make sure it is set to zero or neutral.

Everything is neutral it just wants to go left on the ground and in the air. When in flight its more to do with the ailerons.

PhantomTweak
November 14th, 2016, 11:21
Could it be the autopilot is on, trying to turn to a certain heading, or trying to track to an ILS or something along those lines? Do you have the Yaw Damper on?
I'm just throwing out ideas. Not that *I* have ever done such things....ahem. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along...
Pat☺

Tom Burnside
November 14th, 2016, 21:52
Could it be the autopilot is on, trying to turn to a certain heading, or trying to track to an ILS or something along those lines? Do you have the Yaw Damper on?
I'm just throwing out ideas. Not that *I* have ever done such things....ahem. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along...
Pat☺

I dont think that its anything to do with the autopilot but I will give it a whirl.

StormILM
November 14th, 2016, 22:20
Tom, I am wondering if maybe something has screwed up your XML Tools install which the F-100 relies on. Just to make sure. go into your F-100D main folder and double click the XMLTools_201 Installer and see if that helps. Also, after doing that reboot your system and restart FSX fresh.

Tom Burnside
November 15th, 2016, 03:56
Tom, I am wondering if maybe something has screwed up your XML Tools install which the F-100 relies on. Just to make sure. go into your F-100D main folder and double click the XMLTools_201 Installer and see if that helps. Also, after doing that reboot your system and restart FSX fresh.

I will give that a go.

Tom Burnside
November 15th, 2016, 07:26
Thank you Storm shes behaving herself now I really do love this add on such a masterpiece. :applause::applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44538&stc=1

StormILM
November 15th, 2016, 10:49
Glad that got things sorted out Tom! The reason I suspected that the XML Tools install may have been compromised or missing is that I encountered this myself during the Beta test series as well as other anomalies. For all the F-100 users, keep in mind this post in case any of you run into this or similar anomalies when using the model as at times installs of different software or updates in the system may cause overwrite issues with the XML Tools install which is vital for this model to function correctly. Also, I urge Milviz customers to take issues like this directly to the support forum system (instead of here or elsewhere) in order to solve any issues that occur but also to help the staff investigate such issues to find the root problem and add it into the developer and user knowledge base.

Yes I agree, the Hun model is a masterpiece. Challenging but fun to learn a bit more about how Hun Pilots handled this beast.