PDA

View Full Version : Collings Foundation Phantom: Is it still flying?

Navy Chief
November 12th, 2016, 17:50
Just wondering if their Phantom is still flying? I don't see it listed under aircraft being available for rides. Even if it IS still flyable, I couldn't afford it anyway.

I sure do feel fortunate to have gotten rides in them back in the 70s. The cost for a ride in the Collins Foundation bird, I think, was several thousand dollars? NC

Update.... I did see info on their site. $8000 for ride in their TA-4J, and $12,500 for one in their Phantom!

Obviously only people who have more money than sense could afford it. Jeez!

Flyboy208
November 12th, 2016, 18:33
That's a crazy amount of money for just a backseat ride. Thankful for my rear seat Hornet flights while on active duty, and that was almost 25 years ago. Seems alot more common for us enlisted types. Alot of airborne reenlisments these days in the Hornet community. Mike :wavey:

Ickie
November 13th, 2016, 02:26
In 2002 I had a trip to see them and they gave me 1st class tour, heck I even sat in the front seat and took a pic of cockpit of the B-17 and tht same year I made a b-17 for soh and used the pic to make the cockpit. These were 1st class people.

as I recall the insurance went over the roof/out of this world :redfire: and they had to shut down

I think Mr Collins passed on