PDA

View Full Version : my "gaming center"

Daveroo
November 8th, 2016, 09:16
with our upcoming move,on the 21st i hope,im going to ask the carpenter to remove my bedroom closet doors when he does the floor,then i will have him build a "table" like thing along that closet back wall so i can have my flight sim controllers mounted full time on one side,my steering wheel and peddles ect on the other and in the center ill have my trainsim train controller.i would like to have them all connected at one time,just selecting which one to use when.thought id drill holes down just behind each setup for all the cables,to individual powered USB bars,then to the PC,with the flight and train sims being the most used.the new monitor,a 32 inch samsung,will be mounted on a block of wood or such which will be mounted on a trolley to be able to roll it from one station to the next.

anyone see any issues i should be concerned with?..like how can i isolate each "station" (the controllers) without having to disconnect each one as i use them,and ,most important.not lose the settings for each?..

ejoiner
November 10th, 2016, 10:55
Dave are you going to become one of those guys who drops a 737 carcass in his spare bedroom and spends 30K on it? :)

jmig
November 11th, 2016, 17:05
That sounds like a good game plan, Dave.

I know that in the Flight sim programs, you can set only the controllers you want to work and have it ignore the rest. Maybe you can do that in the train and driving programs too? This way, everything can stay connected.

Daveroo
November 11th, 2016, 19:19
Dave are you going to become one of those guys who drops a 737 carcass in his spare bedroom and spends 30K on it? :)

well mr smarty pants,i wouldn't have a 737 in my room :dizzy:...........but maybe a DHC-6?...or a BAe-146?...or a AT-6/SNJ?.....then mebbe so sir.....:applause: hehehehe

Daveroo
November 11th, 2016, 19:20
That sounds like a good game plan, Dave.

I know that in the Flight sim programs, you can set only the controllers you want to work and have it ignore the rest. Maybe you can do that in the train and driving programs too? This way, everything can stay connected.

ahhhh ok John,ill look into that,thanks!

Penzoil3
November 11th, 2016, 20:29
I have a Saitek yoke, Thrustmaster T- Rudder Pedals, 2 Saitek Throttle Quadrants, a CHB 6 axis quadrant, a Saitek X-52, and my Raildriver all installed, all the time. I have Win 7 Ultimate 64. No one argues with any other controller, I just have to be careful assigning things. No problem with your proposal, other then the inevitable cable tangles. My driving sims are on the #2 computer with my Sidewinder wheel ,and the Xbox controller for PC. They don't argue either, and that machine is still XP.
Sue