PDA

View Full Version : Odd keyboard vs FSX problem

falcon409
November 6th, 2016, 05:50
I have recently started having a problem with a certain key and running FSX. The right hand "ctrl" key seems to be able to cause a lockup of the sim if pressed. For years now I had been using that key as the "press to talk" key in Team Speak. However for some unknown reason it recently decided not to play nice anymore and I noticed that while I was flying, if I keyed the mic with that key, the Sim would lock up. I swapped over to the left "ctrl" key to correct it, but I've been so conditioned over the years to hit the right key that I still find myself hitting it from time to time. Very aggravating when I've been flying for over an hour and have less that 10 minutes to go before landing.

Has anyone ever encountered this or have any idea why it happens?

fsafranek
November 6th, 2016, 07:16
Haven't experienced that although I do have a few very shiney keys that get repeatedly used.

Have you tried mapping the "press to talk" to a different key to see if it is the key or the software?

Also, you mentioned that you had been using that key for years. Assuming (always a bad idea) that it is the same keyboard
all these year maybe that key is just worn out? Does it work okay with Ctrl-Alt-Delete or some other combination?
:ernaehrung004: