PDA

View Full Version : HU: Alpha Bleu Ciel Corsair FSX native

Bjoern
November 4th, 2016, 09:07
Tried to sneak in under the radar or I couldn't find the discussion thread.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=21982&catid=37
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Alpha_Bleu_Ciel_F4U-6_F4U-7_Corsair_X-1.zip&x=18&y=12

Jafo
November 4th, 2016, 14:28
Thanks for the HU, Bjoern ....;)

manfredc3
November 4th, 2016, 17:50
Thanks Bjoern,

For some reason downloads from Simviation are no longer working for me. Every time i click on "Download file" all it downloads is a download.htm file.

I am using Google Chrome, have already cleared history, and I don't use Edge.

Edit: just figured out the download issue" there was a "free download Chrome Expansion" plugin active that screwed it up.

b52bob
November 5th, 2016, 06:07
There's a nice ported over Bear also. Downloaded and looks nice but for some reason gear won't retract. Worth the download at simviation.

Willy
November 5th, 2016, 06:21
Thanks! Even going back to my CFS days, I never flew the Corsair much. Maybe it's time to start.

Is there a paint kit out there for it? Or do you have to "roll your own"?

Willy
November 5th, 2016, 06:52
Just took it for a quick spin and first impressions. Flies pretty good with lots of prop torque. The fly in the ointment though is that gun sight. Other than that, it's a keeper.

falcon409
November 5th, 2016, 07:50
Just took it for a quick spin and first impressions. Flies pretty good with lots of prop torque. The fly in the ointment though is that gun sight. Other than that, it's a keeper.
This was the very first Corsair I ever downloaded back when it was originally released. Always liked it. Thought I would give it a try however I found that a lot of the switches don't function (maybe they never did) and as you noted (I think the readme mentions it as well), the gun sight is inoperable/opaque. I decided I already had enough Corsairs to fly without going back to this one. Nice plane though.

lazarus
November 5th, 2016, 11:10
Yeah, the VC. The clickspots seem to have a scale thing that eludes me right now. I can assign clickspots, but nothing happens. The gun sight thing, the materials are all in a single lump. I can take them out, but loose the canopy rails and defrost vent ducts. I've got as far as making all the replacement bits, and I'll get out an updated VC model as soon as I get this44278 finished up and assembled. I'm just fine tuning the BAT on the ASUW -5 model. I managed to make that glide very well as a releasable object, about 20nm from 15000 ft, pretty much on spec, though it only does about eighty kts, and won't explode, yet.

lazarus
November 22nd, 2016, 13:14

Jesus christo! Getting a post in here some times is as painful as the aftermath of take-away from a mosul kebab shop:banghead:
Okay. Updated VC, but it needs some alpha love on the texture sheet- above recalcitrance comments apply to doing those. Try it, fly it, if it works ok, it'll go out as update.
If one of the graphics guru's can whang in some better alpha's and share those, that'd be fantastic.