PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Construction Vehicles?

Devildog73
November 4th, 2016, 07:29
I seem to remember someone doing some construction vehicles for CFS2 back a long time ago.

For the life of me, I cannot locate them.

Does anyone remember them, and where they are kept?

I am looking for some Japanese airfield maintenance equipment to destroy.

Thanks,
DD73

No Dice
November 4th, 2016, 07:51
Search for AER2 CON_EQUIP3

I am pretty sure it is in the library,

Dave

Shadow Wolf 07
November 4th, 2016, 08:14
Yum... more targets! :applause:

Captain Kurt
November 4th, 2016, 09:36
Yum... more targets! :applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=17&id=11443

American equipment though

Devildog73
November 4th, 2016, 12:36
Thanks guys! :encouragement:

I know from the air at 200 MPH nobody will know they are US not IJA. :untroubled:

bearcat241
November 4th, 2016, 13:31
I know from the air at 200 MPH nobody will know they are US not IJA. :untroubled:

Actually, because their dp's MISC sections all have US allegiance (3) designations, in the air you will be reminded by the sim's targeting window telling you they're friendly ground objects. No way you'll get your wingies or other friendly AC to shoot 'em up in ground attacks. You'll have to change their respective allegiances to Japanese (4) to make them proper targets. Otherwise you'll get error text messages telling you that you're killing friendly objects. The downside is you can no longer use them as US objects in sim action.

But if you want a way to use them as both US and IJA objects, you could do as i have in past situations with complete duplication. The process would involve duplicating and editing the bgl's in scasm and renaming them as new Japanese objects, copy/rename their textures (putting the new names in the bgl's), copy/rename their dp's, assigning them to Japanese nationality in the dp MISC sections. This way you'll have two "clean" sets with no connections the sim can see.

Shadow Wolf 07
November 4th, 2016, 16:39
Hey Bearcat: Just setting up a front line won't do the trick as with foxholes?

Blood_Hawk23
November 4th, 2016, 16:44
In the DP, change the allegiance to 0. That may do the trick. If not, then you will have to change it to the Japanese. W e could make some if someone has time.

Blood_Hawk23
November 4th, 2016, 17:52
Here are the files Dave was talking about...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=17&id=11443

it took a lot of digging to find them.

Dave,
you forgot to add a "_". Its aer2_con_equip3 :a1310:

bearcat241
November 5th, 2016, 03:54
In the DP, change the allegiance to 0. That may do the trick. If not, then you will have to change it to the Japanese. W e could make some if someone has time.

Yeah, that's the trick. Just make them neutral, then you can place them at any base site -- friendly or enemy -- like any tree you would see in gameplay. Again, AI won't bother with them, but you can hit them without error.

Devildog73
November 5th, 2016, 04:46
Okay, thanks guys.

I am not proficient at BGL stuff.

I can change the dp if it is like aircraft and ship DP editing.

If it is more involved than that.......we will see.

I thought about just renaming everything after copying to a temp folder to see if that works.

I was like Shadow Wolf and thought I could just place them on the Japanese side of the front line.......

If any of you are proficient at changing BGLs and DPs can you do the sim a favor? Perhaps a Japanese set and a German set?

DD73

No Dice
November 5th, 2016, 06:40
When you open the DP. just scroll down to misc. data, change the allegiance from 3 to 0 and save.

That should do the trick..............

Devildog73
November 7th, 2016, 02:11
When you open the DP. just scroll down to misc. data, change the allegiance from 3 to 0 and save.

That should do the trick..............

No Dice and Bearcat,

Worked like a charm!

I positioned a bulldozer and grader by some buildings at Hirara airfield, marked them as must be destroyed, switched targeting to vehicles and :icon31: :pop4: no more construction equipment.

Now to actually build them into a mission........:encouragement:

Oh, and by the way, ..... from 2500 feet altitude at 180 knots, I could not tell they were originally US through the bomb sight. They just looked like a bulldozer and grader.

Captain Kurt
November 7th, 2016, 08:50
no doubt captured in Wake or in the Philippines

AER_DaddyO
November 8th, 2016, 00:43
Guys,

Sorry for the late response, but was out of town last week and away from PC. I'd be glad to help you all make a dedicated Japanese set of the same objects, if I can. I did some digging on my current W7 rig, and I believe I may have saved the original BGLs, if those will help. It's been a long time since I've fiddled with these and I'm back at square one, so please forgive any ignorance on my part. Let me know...

AER_DaddyO

"Don't just stand there... get one up!"

Devildog73
November 12th, 2016, 06:12
Guys,

Sorry for the late response, but was out of town last week and away from PC. I'd be glad to help you all make a dedicated Japanese set of the same objects, if I can. I did some digging on my current W7 rig, and I believe I may have saved the original BGLs, if those will help. It's been a long time since I've fiddled with these and I'm back at square one, so please forgive any ignorance on my part. Let me know...

AER_DaddyO

"Don't just stand there... get one up!"

AER,
Thanks, that would be great.
If needed I can look up some old photos of Japanese earth moving equipment of that era.
I would bet they are a bit more 1920ish than those you made for Allied use.
But we will see.
DD73