PDA

View Full Version : JustFlight Fokker 27 on sale - questions

Bjoern
October 28th, 2016, 05:30
Well, I don't know if this really is for newsletter subscribers only since it's just a matter of a discount code (OCTFLIGHT), but anyway, the F-27 is available for £12.49 / €15.45 / $18.99.

Very tempting, but I'm cautious after the (so far) ho-hum experience with the TriStar.

How many megabytes of textures are roughly loaded per session (repaint plus any shared textures)?
Are the gauges in XML?
How is starting cold & dark handled?
Is loading a saved flight possible without too much hassle?

StormILM
October 28th, 2016, 08:46
Yes, it does have xml files in the gauge cab file. Not sure about the texture size (for each texture folder as they vary) but yes, there is a shared texture folder. The C&D Startup is fairly straightforward but IMO slightly buggy (you'll have to test it to see what I mean). I love the model (even though it has some minor flaws) but I'm certain any tweaks/refinements you could add would be received well here.

Motormouse
October 28th, 2016, 09:04
Yes, it does have xml files in the gauge cab file. Not sure about the texture size (for each texture folder as they vary) but yes, there is a shared texture folder. The C&D Startup is fairly straightforward but IMO slightly buggy (you'll have to test it to see what I mean). I love the model (even though it has some minor flaws) but I'm certain any tweaks/refinements you could add would be received well here.

In the 2 and half years I worked and flew on them it was not easy to get a clean light off every time,especially on battery power.

ttfn

Pete

Bjoern
October 28th, 2016, 09:53
Still conflicted. On one hand, it's a bargain, on the other, it requires some fixing (according to you guys). And I still have my models that I poured so much work into. Argh!

I love the model (even though it has some minor flaws) but I'm certain any tweaks/refinements you could add would be received well here.

I don't even have time to even mod the JF TriStar.

BendyFlyer
October 29th, 2016, 00:54
Bjoern - I think it is worth getting. I have it but have to confess I have not given it a work out, same reason too busy with other stuff. I weakened and bought it when I realised it would probably be the only F27 for FSX even though there is a port over of another one but it I know there are some bugs or issues but they can wait. On first look I thought it was not bad and I was only interested in the 200 series anyhow and what clinched it was their were liveries available for the airlines I am interested in. I have parked it in the sim hangar while I am back into the Maltby BAC-111 updated for FSX which is a delight and a very authentic experience. My only comment about the F27 there was a lot of praise for the sound package which I do not share, the F27 was very distinctive inside and out with the Darts.

William Njurmi
October 29th, 2016, 01:55
All support to your purchase decision Bjoern. We all know that something good is up when you do.

About sounds, I remember enjoying flying the freeware NAMC YS-11 and H.S.748. They both whistled quite effectively. Perhaps those sounds could be used with Fokker too.

AussieMan
October 29th, 2016, 03:36
About sounds, I remember enjoying flying the freeware NAMC YS-11 and H.S.748. They both whistled quite effectively. Perhaps those sounds could be used with Fokker too.

I actually use the Rick Piper HS748 sounds in my F-27s.

Bjoern
October 29th, 2016, 05:24
Eh, gonna give this one a pass, despite the low price.

My models may be trainwrecks compared to this, but they're at least my trainwrecks and cover most of the major variants.

cavaricooper
October 29th, 2016, 08:58
Pat-

I miss that HS-748. All my initial airline flying was in Avroes and Rick's model really was superb! I keep hoping for something in P3D...

Best- Carl

Bjoern
October 29th, 2016, 09:27
http://justflight.com/product/hs-748-propliner

Might even go for that one.

kiki
October 29th, 2016, 09:46
For me F27 was one of the products I regretted buying. I have used it very little. And that after all that Enthusiasm I had.

Moses03
October 29th, 2016, 10:37
Bjoern, I think the F.27 is a terrific addon and have flown it frequently since I picked it up last May.

Can't answer your cold and dark questions as I usually just like to get in and go. Loading saved flights has not been an issue though.