PDA

View Full Version : Any one have the Starfighter?

joe bob
October 23rd, 2016, 14:38
I am wondering what folks think of the Sim Skunk Works F-104G with Tacpac
How would you compare it to other Tacpac aircraft

joe bob
October 23rd, 2016, 14:57
Disregard 10

scotth6
October 23rd, 2016, 18:46
I have both the SSW Starfighters and they are excellent. Great modelling and fight dynamics. I haven't actually used any of the Tac Pack features, so not sure about that.

Cheers,

Stickshaker
October 24th, 2016, 11:33
I am very satisfied with the plane. The early model Sidewinders are not very reliable, but that is realistic. The brake command is used for firing the gun, so if your gun keeps firing after releasing the trigger, increase the deadzone of your rudder pedal brakes a bit. The gun is not boresighted correctly so I have not been able to hit anything with it, but SSW has it on its fixlist. These are minor things - you would not use the gun very often anyway. I recommend the plane.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

SSW1
October 25th, 2016, 02:56
I am very satisfied with the plane. The early model Sidewinders are not very reliable, but that is realistic. The brake command is used for firing the gun, so if your gun keeps firing after releasing the trigger, increase the deadzone of your rudder pedal brakes a bit. The gun is not boresighted correctly so I have not been able to hit anything with it, but SSW has it on its fixlist. These are minor things - you would not use the gun very often anyway. I recommend the plane.<o:p></o>
<o:p></o>

If one desires a less realistic but much more effective AA weapon may want edit tacpack.ini and change all AIM-9B references to AIM-9M, in this case is easy to shot and hit also if in a good position even without ear the missile high growl.
/SSW

Stickshaker
October 25th, 2016, 11:18
If one desires a less realistic but much more effective AA weapon may want edit tacpack.ini and change all AIM-9B references to AIM-9M, in this case is easy to shot and hit also if in a good position even without ear the missile high growl.
/SSW

Don’t tell anyone, but i might give this a try!<o:p></o:p> Can you tell anything about the boresighting of the gun?