PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Hudson Mark3 Civ

AussieMan
October 21st, 2016, 15:52
After having just done a clean install of W10 and installed P3D V3.4 I reinstalled Simon's Hudson and was reminded of this problem.

Originally I only had the default Mark3 Hudson which was the ADASTRA SIR SERVICES VH-AGS in the Orange/Blue/White colour scheme and the screenshots show just what I have come up against. In order to be sure it was just an error I installed 2 of my repaints and had the same problem. One was the Grey/White version of VH-AGS and another was VH-SMM which was a bare metal paint scheme. It is almost like the textures haven't been properly converted to DDS format.

With SMM not only did it screw up the paint scheme and the signage on the aircraft but it killed the alpha channels and left me with a completely grey colour scheme. Also the tailwheel is buried up to its hub.

The strange thing is though the paint on the fuselage is completely screwed the lettering on the wings and the tailfins is not effected. As this has happened to all 3 paint schemes in that particular model I am wondering if there isn't a problem with the Mark3 fuselage model as this also happens with the Mark3 Mil model. I have more screenshots if needed.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

scaber
October 22nd, 2016, 14:22
just checked mine and everything is ok with P3D v3.4 also freshly installed. So it seems there is something wrong with your system and you are going to have a 'fun filled' time trying to solve yet another one of flight simmings little challenges. Good luck.

Portia911
October 22nd, 2016, 14:35
I don't have this one installed at the moment, but I recall there were problems with the installer for the patch released for this Hudson series. You really needed to unzip it to a temp folder and do a manual install.
Not sure if this would have any bearing on your problem, Pat.

AussieMan
October 22nd, 2016, 18:03
I don't have this one installed at the moment, but I recall there were problems with the installer for the patch released for this Hudson series. You really needed to unzip it to a temp folder and do a manual install.
Not sure if this would have any bearing on your problem, Pat.

I will give that a try. Thanks mate.

AussieMan
October 23rd, 2016, 00:06
I have tried the suggestions above but nothing has changed. I might try removing the default VH-AGS and replace it with one of my own in the civilian model. If that fails then it looks like a long life at the back of the hangar. Perhaps it may even become part of my static scenery.

gradyhappyg
October 23rd, 2016, 00:34
Have neither P3D or the Hudson but it looks to me as though the DDS fuselage files need to be flipped. Could be a corrupt installer causing it if you can DL a fresh one you could give that a try.

AussieMan
October 23rd, 2016, 02:15
I'll give that a try. Need to find a link as I was a beta tester for the original Hudson.

mrogers
October 23rd, 2016, 03:18
Looking closely at the model in your pictures, Pat, is it supposed to be a Hudson mk3 civ? It actually is a Lodestar with the slight taper of the fuse up to the tail, small rear window just before the tail and the characteristic moth like wings, none of which the Hudson has, so I was wondering if you had the textures assigned to the wrong model?

I don't have Simon's Hudson, so I was wondering where I could get it?

Portia911
October 23rd, 2016, 13:04
Looking closely at the model in your pictures, Pat, is it supposed to be a Hudson mk3 civ? It actually is a Lodestar with the slight taper of the fuse up to the tail, small rear window just before the tail and the characteristic moth like wings, none of which the Hudson has, so I was wondering if you had the textures assigned to the wrong model?

I don't have Simon's Hudson, so I was wondering where I could get it?

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-lockheed-hudsonelectra-package.phtml
:encouragement:

AussieMan
October 24th, 2016, 02:12
As I was a Beta tester for the Hudson I was gifted a package. Today I went to the FSAddon store and purchased the package but I still have the same problem.

It has been suggested that it is a problem with my settings. If this is the case why is it that it is only happening to this particular model both civilian and military versions of the MK3? If it was my settings it should be affecting all my aircraft in the P3D Airplanes folder.

DaveB
October 24th, 2016, 03:55
I've just dropped the Hudsons into FSX to see what the problem might be. I also downloaded your SMM paint. The cfg entry doesn't match any model or airfile in the Hudson set (all 4 packs) which doesn't help. The thumbnail looks like it is for the Mk6 model (GFA Hudson part 3).. unless you want it on the mk3a with gondola.. as it shows the small windows in the nose. Exactly which model is this paint for?
I don't have a default Adastra (blue/orange) paint in any of the 4 packs.

EDIT: are there models I don't have? Did this set have an expansion pack? Can't remember!
EDIT#2: Yes.. there IS an expansion pack and I don't have it installed. Sri Pat.. no help from me I'm afraid.

ATB
DaveB:)