PDA

View Full Version : Can you guess my avatar?

Navy Chief
February 7th, 2009, 08:23
Those from my generation and older will know right away.

The sailors who worked for me in VQ-1 Line Division gave me this nickname, because after a few cups of coffee, the result would mean me finding tasks for them to do...... "Ping, ping, pinnnnnnnggg........"

NC

OBIO
February 7th, 2009, 08:27
That would be none other than Ricochet Rabbit! Used to watch that cartoon as a kid.

OBIO

Navy Chief
February 7th, 2009, 08:30
Well that was fast!

Somewhere in my computer room's mess, I still have my flight deck helmet (NOT the one pictured), that those sailors put the nickname "Ricochet" in large letters across the front.

NC

Willy
February 7th, 2009, 12:06
The Engineering dept Master Chief on my last ship was called "Ping Ping" because he was always going from one thing to the next pretty fast.

demorier
February 7th, 2009, 18:26
I liked your previous one NC. The one with the flaming head, I wondered where it came from.

boxcar
February 7th, 2009, 18:45
Once out of basic training in the early 70s, we would get called "Ping" by lots of other airmen, usually in a musical, high voice.
Finally was let in on the joke: it was supposedly the sound our hair was making as it was growing back, poking out again! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gif

Am a mite old for Ricochet Rabbit. Was more into Rocky & Bullwinkle. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-001.gif Cool avatar, though.

denisch
February 7th, 2009, 19:26
.......that those sailors put the nickname "Ricochet" in large letters across the front.

NC

Hey Navychief,
Did they ever tell ya why they gave you that nickname?

Navy Chief
February 8th, 2009, 05:18
Hey Navychief,
Did they ever tell ya why they gave you that nickname?

Hey Densich, this is from my first post: "The sailors who worked for me in VQ-1 Line Division gave me this nickname, because after a few cups of coffee, the result would mean me finding tasks for them to do...... "Ping, ping, pinnnnnnnggg........"

denisch
February 8th, 2009, 17:23
Hey Densich, this is from my first post........

Oops, sorry about that, I mis-read your first past!!

Navy Chief
February 8th, 2009, 17:55
I liked your previous one NC. The one with the flaming head, I wondered where it came from.

The flaming head was from a series of wall papers I have somewhere!

Pete

demorier
February 8th, 2009, 23:54
Looks like a "Flying High" altimeter that one.