PDA

View Full Version : Steam hacked?

Hanimichal
October 18th, 2016, 15:32
I cannot connect

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43833&stc=1

tgycgijoes
October 18th, 2016, 15:45
That is why I am glad my FSX is on disks and not at the mercy of an internet service connection somewhere. So far I haven't had any problem with Flight 1 for reloads but it could come. Once I download a program from an online dealer, it goes on my flash drive and that includes free ones which a lot of ole ones are no longer there or not supported any more. God bless the inventor of the 32GB flash drive. It saved my bacon when the computer crashed in a big storm and I had all the downloads and documents all backed up and able to reinstall on the new one.

flaviossa
October 18th, 2016, 16:15
No problem at all in here Hannimichal. Everything is working ok :encouragement:

Correction: Working now. It appears to have a fail some time ago:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/10/18/steam.jpg

Anyway, you can start steam in offline mode. No problem at all to use FSX-SE.

gradyhappyg
October 18th, 2016, 16:16
No problem here either east coast USA.

Hanimichal
October 18th, 2016, 18:56
scary moments, no?

Daube
October 19th, 2016, 03:43
No problems here either.
I could connect just a few seconds ago on the Steam website from Chrome, and the stats display just fine.

That is why I am glad my FSX is on disks and not at the mercy of an internet service connection somewhere. So far I haven't had any problem with Flight 1 for reloads but it could come. Once I download a program from an online dealer, it goes on my flash drive and that includes free ones which a lot of ole ones are no longer there or not supported any more. God bless the inventor of the 32GB flash drive. It saved my bacon when the computer crashed in a big storm and I had all the downloads and documents all backed up and able to reinstall on the new one.
It's up to you to continue using these vinyl discs from the previous century ;)
For FSX Steam you don't need to be connected. You launch Steam in offline mode, and you launch FSX, and that's all.
But it's ok, I can understand some might not like installing/reinstalling a sim with just two clicks. :P