PDA

View Full Version : Razbam A-7 animation mysteries....

Navy Chief
October 17th, 2016, 12:48
When the Razbam A-7E (non Tackpack) is parked with parking brake set, engine shut down, electricity off and canopy open......... the ladder extends.

When the A-7 (Tackpack edition) is shut down, etc...... the ladder does not extend....only the steps open.:dizzy:

Also, I have noticed that sometimes the Parking Brake notice will appear in the bottom left corner, but oftentimes it will not.

And.....I am noticing that my controller settings are not always being saved, and I have to keep reassigning them.

NC

miragecy
October 17th, 2016, 12:58
When you load sidewinders, are they visible? Because I cannot see them... :banghead:

Andy

Navy Chief
October 17th, 2016, 14:48
I really need to spend some time, exploring the various options on these models. The initial release of the A-7 was pretty advanced at the time. And the Tackpack is another matter altogether. I have Tackpack, and have never even used it! NC

dhazelgrove
October 18th, 2016, 04:48
http://s20.postimg.org/rk0wr8s4t/fsx_2016_10_18_13_42_43_60.jpg

When you load sidewinders, are they visible? Because I cannot see them... :banghead:

Andy

Works for me, but you're right about the ladder and steps.

Dave

Navy Chief
October 18th, 2016, 05:26
One thing I wanted to try, but haven't, is to deploy the RAT (Ram Air Turbine). NC

dhazelgrove
October 18th, 2016, 06:58
One thing I wanted to try, but haven't, is to deploy the RAT (Ram Air Turbine). NC

Where's it fitted?

Dave

miragecy
October 18th, 2016, 09:19
http://s20.postimg.org/rk0wr8s4t/fsx_2016_10_18_13_42_43_60.jpg

Works for me, but you're right about the ladder and steps.

Dave

Maybe I will reinstall it then

Andy

joe bob
October 18th, 2016, 12:04
Could you guys clear something up for me? This is the first time I have heard about this being released. Looking on Simmarket I don't see it for sale.
Looking on Razbam's web site I see it goes for 30 bucks but has the notation that it is available as a pre release sale only.

Victory103
October 18th, 2016, 16:10
NC, I have both and noticed no ladder on the beta tp, I assumed this was to save some poly. RAT yes.

Navy Chief
October 18th, 2016, 16:31
Ok, for those who have bought this, did you buy it from the Razbamsims website? http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86 It does read Pre-Release Sale. Did you receive a download link? NC

dhazelgrove
October 18th, 2016, 23:15
Ok, for those who have bought this, did you buy it from the Razbamsims website? http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86 It does read Pre-Release Sale. Did you receive a download link? NC

Yes, and yes - but that was quite a long time ago. I got it on pre-release when it was first launched.
I think you have to log into your RAZBAM store account to retrieve things these days.

Dave

awstub
October 18th, 2016, 23:57
I originally purchased all three of the A-7 volumes. I tried to log into the site to get the Tacpack version but forgot my password.
My address changed, so I can't use their password recovery option. I tried e-mailing them but got no response.

Anyone know if there's any way to buy it without going through the returning customer option?

Yes, and yes - but that was quite a long time ago. I got it on pre-release when it was first launched.
I think you have to log into your RAZBAM store account to retrieve things these days.

Dave

dhazelgrove
October 19th, 2016, 03:35
Only the A-7D & E are TacPack-enabled, so there's a case for keeping the early A-7A and the two-seat packs.

Dave

joe bob
October 19th, 2016, 03:38
It seems this is the pre release with the final release still to come. Those who purchase now get it for 30 vs the final price of 40 dollars.
Just my impression but this does not seem to be the most urgent project for them to finish up right now.
I found one post referring to a DCS version, but it is on the back burner till some one else finishes a ground radar, perhaps that also pertains to the FSX version.

miragecy
October 19th, 2016, 05:53
Last time I heard was for an improved cockpit but that was a long time ago... I do not know why this product was left in beta release

Andy

strykerpsg
October 19th, 2016, 13:45
It seems this is the pre release with the final release still to come. Those who purchase now get it for 30 vs the final price of 40 dollars.
Just my impression but this does not seem to be the most urgent project for them to finish up right now.
I found one post referring to a DCS version, but it is on the back burner till some one else finishes a ground radar, perhaps that also pertains to the FSX version.

I too purchased the pre-release more than 2 years ago (or was it more when first released for sale?) and to the best of my recollection, they only released one additional update. Though the pre-release is not in horrible shape by any means, it just seems like an abandonware product. The companies lack of communication on the subject regarding this FSX release and seeing their growing fleet of DCS modules makes me feel like they have moved on and abandoned FSX altogether. I have tried asking for help via their webstore and Facebook and gotten no replies. And, while I certainly like their upcoming modules for DCS, I just feel let down by their support of FSX and in particular this model and what was promised. While I certainly wish them well in DCS, I will no longer buy their FSX line for fear of getting no more support or download links when they expire. Alas, I would certainly love to be proven wrong, but their silence here and on Avsim speaks volumes, in my opinion.